• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I now believe in personal trainers

Lol ceff I do 130kg front squats..

I would also like to know what degree gave him the ability to measure serum cortisol levels by talking to you..

And why he thinks you have food intolerences...

And no Oliver it isn't a conspiracy it's just what is.

PTC - your right on the money again.. he DID ask me one question after giving me spot checks and putting my figures in a excel spreadsheet. Says i had cortisal levels etc..

He said trent do u think SPOT fat reduction is possible?
I said im pretty sure its not possible as it comes down to genetics and your diet where the fat goes.

He mentioned that it was possible to spot reduce. :eek:

Hence why im asking here. I got a bit confused when he asked me that question!!

The problem here PTC is he is NPR (big nicks) size yet so more ripped. I think i have a man crush (OK i admit it Dancelot) :D

And the Ugly - I agree bud. Hence why im here to double check. I dont even know why i approached the dude. Just impressed with his lifts and his conditioning. I know my own body after all these years but i think im trying to complicate things by figuring shit out and not sticking to basics?

Noobs - I have no idea to the answers to your questions. Hence why im here asking.

Money isnt an issue with me really. Im at the moment open to explore new things. Its going to cost me 400 bux all up for next 6 weeks. So ill just stick with it and see if he delivers (Flame me later on guys and say i told you so)

2 PhD's isn't impossible nor unheard of. I'm only 27 and I will have one (hopefully) within the next 18 months.

only thing i ive seen the guy around for last 5 weeks here and there and his always been in the same condition. I know for a fact its hard to stay at sub 10% BF without bordering on muscle loss at times but he seems to carry it quite well.

Regardless of his education his weight and BF sounds quite impressive.

But it would seem strange someone so well educated to be a PT.

At our gym our useless PTs (Mr chicken legs who thinks he can make me bulk up, yeh whatever you do it then i may respect you), charger $40 for 30 mins i think, you really need a 1 hour session IMHO.

Perhaps ask him if there is a money back guarantee?

only thing i ive seen the guy around for last 5 weeks here and there and his always been in the same condition. I know for a fact its hard to stay at sub 10% BF without bordering on muscle loss at times but he seems to carry it quite well.
You can't judge the coach by their own body. All a good body tells you is that the guy knows how to coach one person - themselves. Or... they have a good coach.

Judge a coach by the looks, health and performance of the people they're already training. Not by the broscience he spouts.

If this is the sort of PT who impresses you, I'd hate to see the sort who makes you think badly of PTs.
craze said:
At our gym our useless PTs (Mr chicken legs who thinks he can make me bulk up, yeh whatever you do it then i may respect you), charger $40 for 30 mins i think, you really need a 1 hour session IMHO.
I suggest you head down to PTC and have a look at Markos' physique and from that judge whether he can make you bulk up. Hulk Hogan he ain't. Or as I said, you could look at his clients, that would be a better guide.

If you want an hour, pay for it. But no, you don't need it. Last night one of my clients who's been doing a full hour once a week asked to change to two half-hours instead. I asked why. "Because I want to work with you more often, and the full hour fucking destroys me."

Marko has knowledge, the PTs at my gym most look like they just did a quick course and are on their merry way. Mr Chicken legs I could respect him if he had evidence of past clients but he just started.

When i first joined the 30 mins was not enough. I came straight in and they got me doing all sorts of stuff, no warm up no stretching NOTHING, did not tell me to do so prior either.

Can you please elaborate sir?

I was doing a combination of things, as a result had trouble walking 2 days after for about 4 days.

Marko has knowledge, the PTs at my gym most look like they just did a quick course and are on their merry way.
"look like" - again, you don't know, you're just going on their looks.

When i first joined the 30 mins was not enough. I came straight in and they got me doing all sorts of stuff, no warm up no stretching NOTHING, did not tell me to do so prior either.
When judging others' knowledge, be sure that you are judging from the basis of your own knowledge. If you don't know stuff or your ideas are wrong, your assessment of others' knowledge will be dubious at best. Put another way, you are wrong about warmups and stretching.

There are two kinds of warmup, general and specific. A general warmup is "ten minutes on the treadmill" or the like. A specific warmup is simply doing a slower or lighter version of your work, for example squatting the 20kg bar, then 40kg, then 60kg, then 80kg, before your work squats of 100kg. You can do one or the other, for strength work the specific warmup is usually better. Warmups enhance performance. If you've done 10 minutes of jogging you will be ready to go harder in a conditioning session, if you've lifted 20, then 40, then 60, then 80kg, then the 100kg is going to be easier and you'll get more reps than if you just walked in and tried to lift 100kg cold.

When I work with formerly sedentary beginners I have them do a warmup, but not because I really care if they're warmed up, it's just a way to get them to do some extra work on their cardio fitness. If I tell them, "do 10 minutes of cardio, it's good for you," they usually won't do it. If I say, "do a 10 minute warmup before our session," they usually will. While a warmup won't help their performance much - if you can only do 3 knee pushups and half a bodyweight squat, whether you were on the treadmill for 10 minutes first won't make any difference - it won't do them harm, and as I said will contribute to their cardio fitness.

Stretching after a warmup is only useful if you are going to do flexibility work. Stretching before a strength session will lower your performance and will not reduce the chances of injury, it will have no effect on a cardio or conditioning session. The exception is if you have a particular injury or condition which needs to be dealt with, for example foam rolling the ITB. But a general stretch isn't helpful for strength or cardio/conditioning work.

Last edited:
Hi Kyle, you make some very good points, some of which i did not know.

I am possibly judging too early, but from my limited knowledge etc and observation its not looking good

Hi Kyle, you make some very good points, some of which i did not know.

I am possibly judging too early, but from my limited knowledge etc and observation its not looking good
Chances are the PTs at your place are not very good. Same in any profession. There's even a rule for it, the Pareto Law - 20% of stuff gets 80% of the results. 20% of a company's products will bring in 80% of the revenue. 20% of customers will give you 80% of your headaches.

One in five of the trainers at your gym will be training four in five of the people who actually get good results.

But it could be worse, you could have Ceffo's trainer working there.

why you hating on Ceffo's trainer?

he has done uni courses, (Phd) so therefor he has had an interest in the field for 6-7 years, im sure he has read and heard all the broscience. he trained under Poliquin who is quite well respected and knowledgeable. and he has an excellent body which means that he has time under the bar, and in the kitchen.

I dont know what more he could do?