• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for in the gym?

was this aimed at me sorry

It was aimed at anybody and everybody that took the time to get thier post count up without actually reading the first post.

Telling me the length of time you train means nothing without telling me the amount of weight you squat, bench and deadlift.

It was aimed at anybody and everybody that took the time to get thier post count up without actually reading the first post.

Telling me the length of time you train means nothing without telling me the amount of weight you squat, bench and deadlift.

Am sorry for not reading the first post and I apologise for the off topic information I have provided - I don't really care about post counts tbh

I think she only posted it on rapebook but basically some dude was holding her wrists the whole time
Then I got abused for pointing out the fact

I think novices looking at the training those freaks do now are silly. They should instead look to what those freaks started with, as that's probably more appropriate for their needs.

also @ryan

The message I took away from it is that you need to be constantly increasing your volume to get stronger

I wonder if it is more a case of 'those that are liftin big and still in the game take the time necessary to warm up to a big lift/s'. Those serious about lifting are willing to take the time necessary to meet ad exceed their limits. Those on the clock will find it hard to warm up enough (and in the right way) to lift an a55load of weight.

First post. Hey all.

685 total

220 squat (wraps)
183 bench
282.5 dead

4 sessions a week at 2.5 hours each.

This consists of foam rolling, light warm up, lifting and conditioning (prowler/sled pulling)

As others have said, warming up takes time, longer rest between heavy sets is neccessary.

Last edited:
If you can bench 50...then you sure as shit can squat and deadlift more

I would do more but I injured my leg ages ago and actually have two less muscles in it so it's hard but I'm working at it - as for my bench that's at like four assisted reps so i cant claim credit I can comfortably do 30-35 kg 8-10 reps but that's also taken me ages as I tore my rotator cuff when I was younger

i dont understand how someone could workout in under an hour... obviously it comes down to their goals but still....

Lol
Perhaps it's got to do with the title of the thread?
It's a forum dude

I usually train for an hour and a half :p