• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for in the gym?

Strength and powerlifting forum....

A total is yor best squat, bench and deadlift combined ...... Has to be on the same day to be a "total", but doesn't really matter for this thread.

Stick.

Are you asking from a health and safety point of view, powerlifting, conditioning, strength?

What's the motive behInd the question?

Goose: i got the impression he was asking about efficiency. Eg 7hrs a week for 700 total vs 10 hrs a week for 500. Training duration could be a useful variable too.

Happy to be corrected by the stick master otherwise.

Stick.

Are you asking from a health and safety point of view, powerlifting, conditioning, strength?

What's the motive behInd the question?

I think the moral of the story is your lifting success is comparative to the effort and time applied.

Every strong (STRONG) person that I've read about does an insane training volume bordering on sillyness

I just want to know the length of time our strength/powerlifting members spend in the gym, an their total.

If a novice is spending 2-3 hours training 3-4 times a week, and has been totaling less than 400kg for more than a year, something is wrong.

If a novice is spending less than an hour in the gym 2-3 times a week and is also going no where, they need to look at their training.

A number of members have expressed that they lift less than Tara, who is 65kg and been strength training for just over a year.

I want to know why.

Every strong (STRONG) person that I've read about does an insane training volume bordering on sillyness
But, is that correlation also causation? By which I mean, are they that strong because of that volume (personally I think it has a lot to do with it, but it could hypothetically be a coincidence, is all I'm getting at)? Perhaps they use that much volume because they love lifting weights, and they love lifting weights because they're strong. Perhaps their love of lifting is what keeps them coming back for more year after year, getting stronger along the way, and the volume is an irrelevant fact. Just throwing out some hypothetical possibilities.

I think novices looking at the training those freaks do now are silly. They should instead look to what those freaks started with, as that's probably more appropriate for their needs.

But, is that correlation also causation? By which I mean, are they that strong because of that volume (personally I think it has a lot to do with it, but it could hypothetically be a coincidence, is all I'm getting at)? Perhaps they use that much volume because they love lifting weights, and they love lifting weights because they're strong. Perhaps their love of lifting is what keeps them coming back for more year after year, getting stronger along the way, and the volume is an irrelevant fact. Just throwing out some hypothetical possibilities.

That's a lot of coincidences lol . . .

I just want to know the length of time our strength/powerlifting members spend in the gym, an their total.

If a novice is spending 2-3 hours training 3-4 times a week, and has been totaling less than 400kg for more than a year, something is wrong.

If a novice is spending less than an hour in the gym 2-3 times a week and is also going no where, they need to look at their training.

A number of members have expressed that they lift less than Tara, who is 65kg and been strength training for just over a year.

I want to know why.

Just putting it out there sticky but do you think straight up mental weakness might have something to do with it. Peeps like the idea of been strong but don't wanna do the work, underestimate their own strength, underestimate their capacity for workload, build the whole thing up too much in their mind.