• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for in the gym?

Just off the other thread, I'm interested to know what you total (gym total is fine) and how long your sessions are....

I total 685kg, and average 2.5 hour sessions 4x a week.

How do you work out that total mate?
45mins to an hour including a solid warmup for me

40 - 45mins 5 times a week

No idea on total, but woudl be interested to know how you guys are working this total out.

Between 45 & 75 mins
Sorry no total, I don't lift for numbers.

Strength and powerlifting forum....

A total is yor best squat, bench and deadlift combined ...... Has to be on the same day to be a "total", but doesn't really matter for this thread.

I try to be in the gym for as short as possible.

40 -50 minutes twice a week at the moment
Try to walk up the stairs at work(23 floors) at least once a day
and try to average minimum of 20 km of walks a week

Need to get my squats and bench up a lot before going for a decent total.
Current total is 300

Last edited:
107.6kg

Been back in the gym for two weeks (6 year break)

thats doing rack deadlift
due to dodgy ankle (very limited movement) and having trouble keeping the heal down
right leg is slightly wasted compared to left(bit of nerve damage)
bench is 50kg and needs a lot of work

Mostly doing light front squats and working on form and hip mobility

It was funny, Trent looked like he was going to puke when he saw my leg.

A total is yor best squat, bench and deadlift combined ...... Has to be on the same day to be a "total", but doesn't really matter for this thread.

Ah cool, then mine wouldnt be very accurate as i do a split program have never done the big 3 on the same day, also my max lifts are usually is reps or around 6, but insaying this it would be 360, hahaha

107.6kg

Been back in the gym for two weeks (6 year break)

thats doing rack deadlift
due to dodgy ankle (very limited movement) and having trouble keeping the heal down
right leg is slightly wasted compared to left(bit of nerve damage)
bench is 50kg and needs a lot of work

Mostly doing light front squats and working on form and hip mobility

It was funny, Trent looked like he was going to puke when he saw my leg.

Nice work :)

3 x 1.5-2hr sessions. Try and sneak in an extra 45 mins most weekends. Total is 470kg@85kg. Would like to lift more but time is a problem.

332.5kg (152.5DL, 70kg BP [yeah laugh at that :(] and 110 SQ).
I am spending an hour in the home gym 3 x a week but this will be changing when I stop procrastinating.

1hr, 3x per week (plus misc odds and ends at home)

Total (5RM's) - er... 310? :) lol.

(80 squat (5rm), 130 dead (5rm), 100 bench (7rm))

Best of each, was tested in January. Haven't done all three in one workout since though!! 165kg bench, 180kg DL and 185kg squat. Ratios aren't great I know, but can I blame a dodgy knee and a simple love of the famous pressing movement? Lol