• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for in the gym?

He has a version 2?
Yeah the 2nd edition came out last year which is the same basic program but the content of the book is a lot different, more varieties of the program like a 3 day beginners variant that is sort of SS meets 5/3/1 with squatting 3 times a week...

I wonder if it is more a case of 'those that are liftin big and still in the game take the time necessary to warm up to a big lift/s'. Those serious about lifting are willing to take the time necessary to meet ad exceed their limits. Those on the clock will find it hard to warm up enough (and in the right way) to lift an a55load of weight.

Maybe yeah but I took a lot of looks again and the majority of the volume is still worksets. Volume tends to be added by frequency of lifting than anything else (because there is only so much time you can lift for at once)

I don't read his log I am just going on what he recommends or used to recommend in his q&a. It may have changed I don't really read it anymore.

My point is only that he talks about abbreviated work outs but when you start adding up the time he spends in a session it is quite long.

Such a gentleman

Edit, i think i just found it. It's 5-3-1 for Powerlifting by Jim Wendler © 2011?

The other one i already have is called 5-3-1 Manual © 2009 so I assume I found the 2nd version?

Last edited: