• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheat meals.....

Been there done that too.

Started off at 3700 calories and stayed at that for months until footy season then upped it to 4500-5000. Never had any cheat days. Lost weight perfectly fine

So you are suggesting eating more when my loses stop???

But never once a week... that's a "cheat meal"
And as we know kids, cheat meals are the debbil. THE DEBBIL

Yup can't argue with physics...

Your arguement is invalid...

Cals equals weight gain loss

Macros equals body comp...

Therefore steak and veg wins!

We are not talking simply calories in V calories out - that's simple - that doesn't take any thought - I did this when I was 14 and dropped 40kgs+ by myself.

We are talking optimal results when DIETING not just eating everyday while training to maintain, bulk etc

What will give you optimal results when dieting - what is it cals in V cals out, steak and veggies....your saying one thing and then saying another....

Yes IIFYM is fantastic for "off season", bulking, maintaining - everyone does this - its simply got a label to it now....

What is optimal for a bodybuilders, athlete when dieting to get in the best condition possible?

Yes

Briefly.

It's called a "cheat meal" or a "week off"

But heavens forbid you do that according to this thread.

Also called a leptin reset if you wanna sound scientific

This is due to
Hormone downregulation apprently and i agree with it

Nazzy, I understand that. I'm simply making the general i that muscle gains would be very low if you derived all your calories from carbs. And if you can't gain muscle by only eating carb based calories, then the calorie is a calorie theory isn't so water tight. Except purely for weight loss but your body would look like shit when done.

Calorie vs calorie relates to weight loss.... Not body composition...

Body composition is proportional to both macros and Cal intake...

So you are suggesting eating more when my loses stop???

I ate more because I was doing more, footy, and my weight was dropping too fast.

I have no idea what you where doing. Most people fuck up weight loss by starting calories too low and in my opinion on too low carbs and then want results fast so are in a hurry to drop calories even lower again.

We are not talking simply calories in V calories out - that's simple - that doesn't take any thought - I did this when I was 14 and dropped 40kgs+ by myself.

We are talking optimal results when DIETING not just eating everyday while training to maintain, bulk etc

What will give you optimal results when dieting - what is it cals in V cals out, steak and veggies....your saying one thing and then saying another....

Yes IIFYM is fantastic for "off season", bulking, maintaining - everyone does this - its simply got a label to it now....

What is optimal for a bodybuilders, athlete when dieting to get in the best condition possible?

Optimal is Cals in vs Cals out

Plus macros

Then add-in micros if you wanna be healthy...

Take any diet approach and the above is the root requirements for success..