• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheat meals.....

You can and many people do, and there would be many who can scientifically back up there points, have a read of the calorie myth by jonothan bailor

Yes and every time they do their arguments get shot down by the rest of the scientific community.

Funny reading this, the one thing I notice, that the people that follow the bro-science 'clean' body building diet with 6 meals a day are the ones getting the best results.

Everyone else is just there but not up to the same standard.

I must say I have never tried the 6 meals a day chicken, brown rice, sweet potato and broccoli and oats type diet, but I know several people who do and they certainly have the best bodies/builds out of everyone I know, and two are competing body builders, both these guys swear by all the stuff we call bro-science on this forum and they have the results, including first place state and national Body Building trophies on their shelf.

So I think this IIFYM stuff seems to be OK for the average trainer, but I don't see too many advocates on stage walking away with first place trophies.

In bold pretty much sums it up.

Nope...

Cals in vs Cals out is pretty much it...can't argue with physics...

Except calories are the unit of temperature raise in a CC of water when you burn something
Food isn't burned in the body under a beaker of water and a thermometer in it :eek:

But yes, eat less to lose fat and eat more to gain muscle
If diet used to be very, very bad, you will need an extended period of low carb dieting to get your insulin sensitivity back to a normal level

Starches are also better than sugars for muscular gains and glycogen synthesis, look it up. So diet should be "clean" unless you're having real trouble increasing calories

Except calories are the unit of temperature raise in a CC of water whesomething
Food isn't burned in the body under a beaker of water and a thermometer in it :eek:

But yes, eat less to lose fat and eat more to gain muscle
If diet used to be very, very bad, you will need an extended period of low carb dieting to get your insulin sensitivity back to a normal level

Starches are also better than sugars for muscular gains and glycogen synthesis, look it up. So diet should be "clean" unless you're having real trouble increasing calories

Don't major in the minors....

Cal intake makes up 99% of the result...

If your an elite bber then you might need that 1%...

Cliffs please?

Not a chance lol

Yes and every time they do their arguments get shot down by the rest of the scientific community.

Man you could argue with it till your blue in the face you will never know,
Obviously restriction works,
But a very relevant point is to maximize it by nutrient timing i.e John Ivy (his books name too) John kiefer, maro dipasquale

Not to mention the absorbtion of what foods your actually taking and how they effect your hormones because really 2 carbs like broc and rice which are still a carb 300gms of each would have a dramatic difference and when you eat both at what times, other people on that band wagon are the likes of JOhn meadows, Ben Pakulski, just by changing the time they eat there cals snd the quality of their cals may even help them with gainzzzzz strength, recovery etc

A calorie might be a calorie to a point, but surely it's quality (balance) that counts more. I can't image a whole lot of muscle growth occurring if you were to just eat carbs all day every day.

But there's a difference to dieting as opposed to lifestyle choices in the way we eat. I've always considered dieting as a short term thing. Lifestyle food choices are sustainable for life because they're more balanced. But I can see the confusion when people refer to the lifestyle food choices as diets, cos I do the same thing. You could say I make a lifestyle choice to eat minimal processed foods and more natural, fresh foods. referred to as eating cleanly.

Not a chance lol

Man you could argue with it till your blue in the face you will never know,
Obviously restriction works,
But a very relevant point is to maximize it by nutrient timing i.e John Ivy (his books name too) John kiefer, maro dipasquale

Not to mention the absorbtion of what foods your actually taking and how they effect your hormones because really 2 carbs like broc and rice which are still a carb 300gms of each would have a dramatic difference and when you eat both at what times, other people on that band wagon are the likes of JOhn meadows, Ben Pakulski, just by changing the time they eat there cals snd the quality of their cals may even help them with gainzzzzz strength, recovery etc

Lol.... The old nutrient timing chest nut...

Nope...

Cals in vs Cals out is pretty much it...can't argue with physics...

But conveniently ignores the fact that your body is very efficient and adapts itself to a lower calorie intake by conserving energy and slowing metabolism to the point where you would have to starve yourself to lose weight. Also ignores that your body when calorie restricted will go into fat saving mode, and if severely restricted will sacrifice as much muscle as fat.

So when restricting calories every kilo lost means half a kilo of muscle gone:eek: