• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheat meals.....

Ah the old I have no answer so I'll just post a meme instead trick.

:D

ysyhe4a7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

A human isnt really designed to eat a huge range of foods - so we run perfectly fine if we have a limited number.

We could prob go on about this all day haha - there is the new school group and then the old school group - simple as that...

At the end of the day with training, work, other aspects going in my life - its simply easier for me to eat fish, almonds, protein shakes, steak all week because I dont need to think about what I am eating more than once - its there, its ready to go and I just eat it - this combined with I do think its close to optimal for me to eat like this for my current goal - I cant really complain.

I will be away from Thursday this week and guess what I will be eating to maintain - still training as much, still doing cardio etc - but shit I will be using the approach of yes I will eat that but I dont want to overeat or go to crazy due to then gaining weight again....so I have flicked the switch from dieting to very close to iifym approach - which I think what most people do.

A human isnt really designed to eat a huge range of foods - so we run perfectly fine if we have a limited number.

We can most certainly eat a huge range of foods. Virtually every dietician recommends getting your nutrients from a wide range of foods so we get a wide spectrum of nutrients.

We can survive on a limited range of foods but it's not optimal. Remember you are all about optimal but if you don't want to take it seriously I suppose a limited range of foods is fine.

Dieting isnt "healthy" for you in the long term - theres noway what I am doing now I could do for a long extend period.

To get what you need you could prob count on 1 hand really - lean meats/proteins, veggies, fruits, dairy, healthy fats nuts/omega 3 - really thats all a person needs - from those groups of course you could expand the foods you eat by picking different things - but you dont need to move out of those groups really.

You simply do what is optimal (or close to it) to your goal - if your goal is to get in the best condition possible then flick the switch - focus abit more and get the job done - if its simply to "lean bulk", maintain, train for the pleasure of it then of course hit up an approach that gives you good balance - get in 3,4,5,6 good meals aday and then have abit of ice-cream after dinner...this is simply common sense - common sense has now simply been labelled like everything else in the world.

Dieting isnt "healthy" for you in the long term - theres noway what I am doing now I could do for a long extend period.

To get what you need you could prob count on 1 hand really - lean meats/proteins, veggies, fruits, dairy, healthy fats nuts/omega 3 - really thats all a person needs - from those groups of course you could expand the foods you eat by picking different things - but you dont need to move out of those groups really.

You simply do what is optimal (or close to it) to your goal - if your goal is to get in the best condition possible then flick the switch - focus abit more and get the job done - if its simply to "lean bulk", maintain, train for the pleasure of it then of course hit up an approach that gives you good balance - get in 3,4,5,6 good meals aday and then have abit of ice-cream after dinner...this is simply common sense - common sense has now simply been labelled like everything else in the world.

Your diet should be healthy in the long term. Unless it's an extreme diet for a bodybuilding comp why is your diet not long term healthy.

It is always recommended to get your food from a wide range of sources.

Your diet should be healthy in the long term. Unless it's an extreme diet for a bodybuilding comp why is your diet not long term healthy.

Of course that's what I said - currently I am dieting so it prob isn't the best to eat that way long term...

Do you really need fruit? I would argue that point.

I agree - I guess you could say that about nearly all those groups of foods - besides protein - but again as Bazza stated is it healthy to limit yourself long term from different healthy food sources prob not.

Its a hard to say what X person needs and how much of it they need - I guess its best to cover all bases though when not dieting....

Dieting and "everyday" eating are totally different which I think some people miss....

Why would dieting be an unhealthy way of eating. If you are doing it properly it should be perfectly healthy.

You said it yourself - not dieting for a show but pretty much dieting like I am to try and get in good condition.

Long term my diet (I think) has a good mix of all the foods/food groups I listed + different extras if I feel like them - I.e ice cream, pizza etc

Again dieting is different to everyday eating - its a different structure, different results, different goal in mind.

There is no way dieting to get into "good condition" should be unhealthy and if it is, it's not going be optimal like you always talk about. Ripped to bone, dehydrated comp bodybuilder style( not pretend bodybuilder I can see my top two abs) is different and unsustainable.

If you want to look good most of the time rather than just 5 minutes and be a fat shit the rest a proper diet should be your every day eating.

There is no way dieting to get into "good condition" should be unhealthy and if it is, it's not going be optimal like you always talk about. Ripped to bone, dehydrated comp bodybuilder style( not pretend bodybuilder I can see my top two abs) is different and unsustainable.

If you want to look good most of the time rather than just 5 minutes and be a fat shit the rest a proper diet should be your every day eating.

I get what your saying but I can see you dont understand and thats ok - thanks for the discussion mate.

What doesn't Bazza understand Joel can you please elucidate?
Just interested, I think I'm missing something, i think.

- Dieting to get in the best condition possible is different to everyday eating when you are training - I totally agree that some aspects of the IIFYM approach is fantastic when you are eating for "everyday" while training, maintaining, lean bulking, during your sports season etc I 100% do it myself! - but when it comes down to trying to get into the best possible condition you can then you need to focus more, structure yourself more, discipline yourself and change your method of eating and the foods you select.

This isnt anything new - this is what pretty much every single bodybuilder and athlete does.

You need to sperate dieting and "everyday" eating - they are 2 different things.

- Dieting to get in the best condition possible is different to everyday eating when you are training - I totally agree that some aspects of the IIFYM approach is fantastic when you are eating for "everyday" while training, maintaining, lean bulking, during your sports season etc I 100% do it myself! - but when it comes down to trying to get into the best possible condition you can then you need to focus more, structure yourself more, discipline yourself and change your method of eating and the foods you select.

This isnt anything new - this is what pretty much every single bodybuilder and athlete does.

You need to sperate dieting and "everyday" eating - they are 2 different things.

Didn't really answer the question.

Are you trying to get into ripped to shreds comp ready bodybuilder style condition?

OK, firstly this is just my view.
I totally disagree with this line of thought, I don't believe the "bodybiulder" or athlete need to follow a type of diet that is any different to the mainstream, one caveat might be that the "athlete" would need to pay more attention to eating the right mix (for him) throughout the week of *food* to recieve the correct amounts of nutrients and enzymes to maximize the bodybiulding process that nutrients and enzymes provide to turn food into energy and growth and most importantly repair.

I beleive there is mininmal nutritional benefit from supplements, most supplements are counterproductive.

following a plan to just eat de-natured type food is at first hard work, and more often than not taking the supplement path is made to look all too easy.

That's just my view, I've seen a lot of things come and go, and I could be wrong totally, I've tried all manner of things, but to me food is our medicine.

Dieting to comp leanness is going to require a fairly drastic reduction in cals (and macros obviously) so of course it is going to be more strict on food choices.

You are still on an IIFYM diet it's just that you are choosing to eat only the foods that you deem to be "clean".

You go back to maintenance and above and you can still eat all your "clean" foods and because you have a higher calorie allowance you can also fit in the other stuff.

Pretty simple I thought.