• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is my take.

I’ve done the keto and Kgs of meat a day. Keto never went well for me. I gave it plenty of time and never got fat adapted like they said would happen. I always felt sluggish, unfit and even slightly depressed. As soon as I added carbs back in I felt great straight away.

Over the years ive been slowly adding in more fruit and veggies and eating less protein. I haven’t seen a drop off in muscle or performance.

Ive got bad family history of heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. When it comes down to it I don’t want to have a heart attack at 45 just to add 10kg to my deadlift. My blood pressure is slightly high and cholesterol has been creeping up. So while I’ve been eating less meat of late it was still a meat heavy diet.

I dont have time to read all the research and I know there is research on both sides. I’ve already done the red meat heavy diet and I didnt feel great. I’m seeming to find more reputable sources against it for health and longevity. So I’m going down the path of a low meat high fruit and veggie diet and see how I go. I’ll be getting some blood tests in a couple months. I’m already finding it easier to stay lean and dont see any issues with losing muscle or strength. In fact I feel stronger and fitter.

I’m not saying i know the right way to eat. I don’t think anyone knows. I’ll see how I go and move on from there. You just don’t seem to see many people dead at 40 from heart attack and say well that’s no
surprise that Kunt was always eating way too many veggies.

I just finished on Keto last week. I gave it a good crack for 2 months but apart from initial water weight that I lost, nothing happened. My wife is a type 1 diabetic so I used her Keto tester to make sure I was in keto and was definitely doing it right but I don't feel anything changed for me except my lifts decreased, I couldn't exercise as much as I fatigued quickly. The best thing I did get though was not having those afternoon tired feeling as the energy was pretty constant all day.
Broke the diet with Pizza Sunday night and back to normal eating now, feel much better already.

Thanks. In any case Ive got a good doctor and I’ll listen to them

You go to a real doctor and not doctor google?

Actually I been going to the same Doc for the last 30 years, he’s a good bloke and I think it’s been beneficial (to me) that they have history on me.

as with you family history of heart disease on both sides of the family.
slightly raised BP, but cholesterol in check.

I don't really care for most studies, in a large percentage of cases the conclusion is designed around proving the hypothesis rather than objectively interpreting data. Or in a simpler fashion, retaining funding or selling a product/idea.

If an all meat diet works for you, great!

I love carbs too much to give them up and I like WPC as a supplement. That's my n=1 study.

As each thread winds down I'm going to award a "poster of the thread". So without further ado ........

Obviously O.P. made a strong contribution, but I'm awarding best poster to [MENTION=15750]showdownhero[/MENTION] ! Despite coping it from all angles at times (bit like Darkoz on Mardi Gras weekend) Showdown preserved and continued to contribute strongly. Well done Showdown.

as each thread winds down i'm going to award a "poster of the thread". So without further ado ........

Obviously o.p. Made a strong contribution, but i'm awarding best poster to @showdownhero ! Despite coping it from all angles at times (bit like darkoz on mardi gras weekend) showdown preserved and continued to contribute strongly. Well done showdown.

giggled at the darko reference,teeheehee.

I don't really care for most studies, in a large percentage of cases the conclusion is designed around proving the hypothesis rather than objectively interpreting data. Or in a simpler fashion, retaining funding or selling a product/idea.

If an all meat diet works for you, great!

I love carbs too much to give them up and I like WPC as a supplement. That's my n=1 study.

another good post imo.

personal experiences are great to hear.

As each thread winds down I'm going to award a "poster of the thread". So without further ado ........

Obviously O.P. made a strong contribution, but I'm awarding best poster to [MENTION=15750]showdownhero[/MENTION] ! Despite coping it from all angles at times (bit like Darkoz on Mardi Gras weekend) Showdown preserved and continued to contribute strongly. Well done Showdown.

cheers kunce

Jordan Peterson's views on some social issues ring true but that's about it, to hear him babble on about anything else is a lesson in frustration.
To get a straight answer from him is like pulling teeth, he's a pseudo intellectual, Christopher Hitchens if he were alive today would rip him a new one.

hitchens was a health and diet expert? did he ever have an interest in such issues? most intellectuals don't like sport.

Jordan Peterson's views on some social issues ring true but that's about it, to hear him babble on about anything else is a lesson in frustration.
To get a straight answer from him is like pulling teeth, he's a pseudo intellectual, Christopher Hitchens if he were alive today would rip him a new one.

I think they would have very interesting conversations, see the most recent public forum's between Sam Harris and Peterson as an example. Whilst Sam has had some infuriating conversations with him in the past (see his podcast titled The Meaning of Truth), for the most part they're warriors on the same side of the intellectual battlefield.

I agree Peterson can be very vague on certain topics (mainly religion) but a lot of his insights are very rewarding.

I think they would have very interesting conversations, see the most recent public forum's between Sam Harris and Peterson as an example. Whilst Sam has had some infuriating conversations with him in the past (see his podcast titled The Meaning of Truth), for the most part they're warriors on the same side of the intellectual battlefield.

I agree Peterson can be very vague on certain topics (mainly religion) but a lot of his insights are very rewarding.

I've seen his debates with Sam Harris and Matt Delohuntey and it never ceases to amaze me how someone seemingly as intelligent as Peterson can babble on so much but never actually say anything, especially on the topic of religion.
"So Jordan, do you believe in God?"
"Well that depends on what you mean by god"
"Okay, do you believe in the Biblical god?"
"Look that's a very complicated question which would take me 40 hours answer"
"It's a simple yes or know answer Jordan"
"Well that depends on how you define simple...…"

I reckon I would deck him after 5 mins.

Bear in mind that this is a man who claims that there's no morality without some sort of religious belief and that a real atheist would be out murdering and robbing banks.

Last edited: