• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have the exact height, weight and reach as Conor McGregor. Ability aside, what you're saying about how you'd win a fight because being shorter and fatter is somehow an advantage is absurd

Er um, no offence Poni, but just coz you're stats maybe similar to McGregor doesn't mean you'd fight like him.
I guarantee you, your style and his would be poles apart, almost opposite due to all your PLing.

Er um, no offence Poni, but just coz you're stats maybe similar to McGregor doesn't mean you'd fight like him.
I guarantee you, your style and his would be poles apart, almost opposite.

That's not what I said my main man, it was a response to him saying that I'd be a poor fighter due to my height and weight - yet I have the same build as one of the world best

That's not what I said my main man, it was a response to him saying that I'd be a poor fighter due to my height and weight - yet I have the same build as one of the world best

OK. I think you should get back into Boxing. You'd be good I suspect.
Just don't take on Gerry lol

OK. I think you should get back into Boxing. You'd be good I suspect.
Just don't take on Gerry lol

I was good yes... I fear for brain injury though. MMA or bare knuckle would be better due to glove design

Because red meat does give a performance benefit over whey. I'm sure someone is going to take issue with me saying this but whatever. Getting your calories from red meat will make you bigger and stronger faster than if you get your calories from whey or even chicken and fish. There are innumerable accounts of strength coaches and body builders echoing exactly this from Glenn Pendlay to Pavel Tsatsouline to Stan Efferding
Some anecdotal research on individuals thriving on high levels of red meat does not render whey protein useless.

Like I said for the record I’m on board with the carnivore diet I think the early signs are very promising but there’s ample evidence of people achieving identical results on a more varied diet that includes (wait for it) whey protein.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and as yet that evidence does not exist.
That is very harsh.

you’re not having a discussion you’re just getting ćunty when someone doesn’t agree with you lucky legs.

Seriously, fuck off. Don’t tell me to shut up and expect civility in return. If you don’t want to read my posts, close the tab or block me.

As others have highlighted I wasn’t the one who instigated personal attacks.

How much cardio do I do? I don't put it in my log so I'm curious as to how much you think I do. You believe I did nothing athletic for 6 years - consider the fact that I've reached the national level in 3 completely different sports [emoji4]

You're taller than me and thus weigh more, not bigger though :)

Sorry you gave up training for 2 years, not 6. As for your “national level” comment, why do you turn everything into a pissing contest? Fucking cringeworthy and adds nothing to the weight of your argument.

Problem with eating lots of red meat that it throws your fat macros out of whack.
That’s if you track macros...

Problem with eating lots of red meat that it throws your fat macros out of whack.
That’s if you track macros...

I always saw fat as a calorie buffer personally. I never focused on getting a certain "percentage". It was protein first, carbohydrate second, then enough fat to make up the calories. If I was dieting then I'd be eating chicken thighs, if I was eating to gain weight then it would be wings or brisket

Some anecdotal research on individuals thriving on high levels of red meat does not render whey protein useless.

Yes it does. Because to satisfy both micronutrient and caloric requirements you'd have to eat an amount of protein sufficient enough to make whey irrelevant.

Show me a diet that is complete in micronutrients that requires protein supplementation via whey

Yes it does. Because to satisfy both micronutrient and caloric requirements you'd have to eat an amount of protein sufficient enough to make whey irrelevant.

Show me a diet that is complete in micronutrients that requires protein supplementation via whey

I never said it was “required”

you got to realise there are a few on here who think they are top shit because they lifted a whole lot of weight. they think they are superior because of this and that anyone else should shut their mouth and pay homage to their greatness.

Those bastards!!! How dare they!!!

Wait. Hang on a second. Is this a bodybuilding/strongman/powerlifting/weightlifting/gym-rat forum or is it Mabel's Crochet and Phlaggotry forum? Is not lifting weights the whole backbone of this forum? Is this not all about diet, training, exercise and methods to improve skill, health and wellbeing while getting as stronk as pherk, getting as jacked as a gorilla and being the best you can be?

Methinks that someone who is trying to influence one entire powerlifting federation (while talking down and attacking another, is not involved in competing, has no intention of doing so despite claiming to be "doing a comp later this year" and therefore having zero insight or actual hands on experience) is trying to justify their position as a bureaucratic weasel.

Mind you, this is far from rare. Just go on instagram. You can buy (or get for free from the real desperadoes) a training schedule and a diet plan from some skinny guy who has been training for 6 months, four of that on anavar. Having near zero experience but lots of bullshit does pay off.

you re damn right when u say you should pay homage,yes its true about the superiority as well,you ve been getting your arse kicked by the likes of me and woody for years.

Frikken gold!!!

fortunately most people on ausbb are pretty good people, including a lot of the stronger ones.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Yes, no applause please. Yes, OK. Thank you. I feel humbled by your admiration. Thank you.

Gerry: take a bow. He's talking about us again.

I guarantee you, your style and his would be poles apart, almost opposite due to all your PLing.

yeah this made me laugh,hey Alexi i have similar dimensions to Ed Coan,brb loading up a 400 kg squat and grinding it up.Ill even stay calm before i try.But when i grinding i actually mean ringing the ambulance to come scrape me off the floor.

This is my take.

I’ve done the keto and Kgs of meat a day. Keto never went well for me. I gave it plenty of time and never got fat adapted like they said would happen. I always felt sluggish, unfit and even slightly depressed. As soon as I added carbs back in I felt great straight away.

Over the years ive been slowly adding in more fruit and veggies and eating less protein. I haven’t seen a drop off in muscle or performance.

Ive got bad family history of heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. When it comes down to it I don’t want to have a heart attack at 45 just to add 10kg to my deadlift. My blood pressure is slightly high and cholesterol has been creeping up. So while I’ve been eating less meat of late it was still a meat heavy diet.

I dont have time to read all the research and I know there is research on both sides. I’ve already done the red meat heavy diet and I didnt feel great. I’m seeming to find more reputable sources against it for health and longevity. So I’m going down the path of a low meat high fruit and veggie diet and see how I go. I’ll be getting some blood tests in a couple months. I’m already finding it easier to stay lean and dont see any issues with losing muscle or strength. In fact I feel stronger and fitter.

I’m not saying i know the right way to eat. I don’t think anyone knows. I’ll see how I go and move on from there. You just don’t seem to see many people dead at 40 from heart attack and say well that’s no
surprise that Kunt was always eating way too many veggies.

Last edited:
Those bastards!!! How dare they!!!

Wait. Hang on a second. Is this a bodybuilding/strongman/powerlifting/weightlifting/gym-rat forum or is it Mabel's Crochet and Phlaggotry forum? Is not lifting weights the whole backbone of this forum? Is this not all about diet, training, exercise and methods to improve skill, health and wellbeing while getting as stronk as pherk, getting as jacked as a gorilla and being the best you can be?

Methinks that someone who is trying to influence one entire powerlifting federation (while talking down and attacking another, is not involved in competing, has no intention of doing so despite claiming to be "doing a comp later this year" and therefore having zero insight or actual hands on experience) is trying to justify their position as a bureaucratic weasel.

Mind you, this is far from rare. Just go on instagram. You can buy (or get for free from the real desperadoes) a training schedule and a diet plan from some skinny guy who has been training for 6 months, four of that on anavar. Having near zero experience but lots of bullshit does pay off.

Spartacus wasn't trying to stifle robust debate, merely pointing out that people should be throwing their weight around due to the size of their supporting evidence not their egos.

egos fine,thats why i come back here.Its funny as.Its a good forum and Shrek runs it ok despite displaying inconsistencies from time to time

This is my take.

I’ve done the keto and Kgs of meat a day. Keto never went well for me. I gave it plenty of time and never got fat adapted like they said would happen. I always felt sluggish, unfit and even slightly depressed. As soon as I added carbs back in I felt great straight away.

Over the years ive been slowly adding in more fruit and veggies and eating less protein. I haven’t seen a drop off in muscle or performance.

Ive got bad family history of heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. When it comes down to it I don’t want to have a heart attack at 45 just to add 10kg to my deadlift. My blood pressure is slightly high and cholesterol has been creeping up. So while I’ve been eating less meat of late it was still a meat heavy diet.

I dont have time to read all the research and I know there is research on both sides. I’ve already done the red meat heavy diet and I didnt feel great. I’m seeming to find more reputable sources against it for health and longevity. So I’m going down the path of a low meat high fruit and veggie diet and see how I go. I’ll be getting some blood tests in a couple months. I’m already finding it easier to stay lean and dont see any issues with losing muscle or strength. In fact I feel stronger and fitter.

I’m not saying i know the right way to eat. I don’t think anyone knows. I’ll see how I go and move on from there. You just don’t seem to see many people dead at 40 from heart attack and say well that’s no

excellent post imo.

This is my take.

If you're concerned about CVD you should consider booking yourself in for a Calcium CT Scan, this video explains how it is the most useful tool in diagnosing heart disease.

If you're concerned about CVD you should consider booking yourself in for a Calcium CT Scan, this video explains how it is the most useful tool in diagnosing heart disease.

Yeah this is probably the best way. Get it while you're young then every 10 years