• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's ok and I understand.

But there are more nutrients in ALL carbs like; minerals, vitamins, oils and enzymes that we cannot obtain through just your traditional Protien items.

what caught my attention was Mick stated he ate no carbs, but then later stated he ate veg and fruit, I responded by saying, thanks for clearing that up.

A big part of the confusion is most people don't know what foods actually contain carbs.

What are bad carbs

Very bad....

hot-chicks-covered-in-chocolate-8.jpg

That's not the debate. Fadi was explaining why they're not essential for a human to live. The glucose needed by the body will be converted from fat or protein. But like the rest of us are saying, converting fat or protein to glucose is inefficient and not optimal.
Hey Steve, you're right about the debate, there's no debate here. I'm in no way advocating a high fat low carb diet, I wouldn't do that. However there's a point I'd like to make re that process of energy conversion and it being inefficient. I'd qualify that by saying that yes, it's inefficient initially. The reason for that is simple; your body will be in a transition period wherein you will be 'unlearning' how to burn sugar and ‘learning’ how to burn fat. During this time, you may feel a slight drop in energy level and a general ‘slowness’. That transition period may vary in length between individuals.

Our body has been well designed, and it has been designed to get its energy fuel glucose through more than one process. The efficiency of that process is pending on how we constantly eat, as has been demonstrated and proven by different world societies surviving well on different diets.

Each to their own; however no one can take away the intelligent design of how our body was made to function, and function well and survive on different type of diets. By the way, even though I've tried several drastically different diets, I eat one that is high in carbohydrate foods, and feel great for it.

We could all "train" on 50gm pf carbohydrates.

How hard we could train is what makes the difference.

Shit. I could easily train on that too. But with my programming lately? No fucking chance.

Some good information.

Yet again, he's confusing the carb discussion here with the end product that is glucose. And for someone whose aim is to bust a myth, he went on to create another one. He says: "if you're not getting massive amounts of carbs or sugars into your body, your health will suffer, and obviously your performance will suffer, and actually you will die. You will die within a matter of minutes!"

Now he realises what he just said is a fraud, a lie, or some silly scare tactic. So he continues by straight away contradicting the words I highlighted in black. He begins to explain how the body is able to make glucose from both protein and fats.

I honestly feel sorry for both of these camps, the high carbers and the high fat low carb mob. Both can provide an improved and top notch blood work results, proving (to me at least what I've been saying all along), that our body is designed perfectly well to adapt to both type of diets.

At the end of the day, each to his or her own, without the silly scare tactics used by either side. It's something we all can do without...I think.

And you're right Steve, there are some good information in this video. So thank you for uploading it mate.

well at least video I provided link does suggest altering carbs amounts on different days, depending how hard and how much training.

1 gram of carbs per pound on lazy days, 2 on moderate days with one session, and 3 per pound on days where one dos many several sessions.

also simple carbs around training time.

well at least video I provided link does suggest altering carbs amounts on different days, depending how hard and how much training.

1 gram of carbs per pound on lazy days, 2 on moderate days with one session, and 3 per pound on days where one dos many several sessions.

also simple carbs around training time.
Although following that advice right there will work out very well.