• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Oooh, ok you can give it a go, for the next six months I want you to only eat milk, eggs and meat, that is all.

ill let you have ice cream and Protien powder

Why would I do that??

Why milk, how would that prove anything milk has carbs in it, plus I don't like milk.

Why wouldn't I just eat normal food, like meat, fish, vegetables, salad, just normal every day stuff??

Why does it always have to be something stupid with you people that makes no sense??

You could not exsist without carbs, wouldn't happen straight away, but you'de be a very sick camper.

so, carbs are essential me thinks.
I don't wish to sound argumentative here, but the correct answer is we do not need carbohydrates, what our body needs is glucose. What we need is some essential amino acids and some essential fatty acids, since our body can not manufacture these from within, hence we need these from an external source, making these certain amino acids and fatty acids essential for life.

Having said that, there are no essential carbohydrates/sugars that our body needs, as it can make glucose from proteins and fats as I've stated before.

Last edited:
I don't wish to sound argumentative here, but the correct answer is we do not need carbohydrates, what our body needs is glucose. What we need is some essential amino acids and some essential fatty acids, since our body can not manufacture these from within, hence we need these from an external source, making these certain amino acids and fatty acids essential for life.

Having said that, there are no essential carbohydrates/sugars that our body needs, as it can make glucose from proteins and fatty acids as I've stated before.

Spot on 100% correct.

What they don't realise is that the brain actually runs on glucose NOT carbohydrates as stated by Goosey and the body manufactures it's own glucose as stated, no need for carbohydrates.

Why would I do that??

Why milk, how would that prove anything milk has carbs in it, plus I don't like milk.

Why wouldn't I just eat normal food, like meat, fish, vegetables, salad, just normal every day stuff??

Why does it always have to be something stupid with you people that makes no sense??

Stupid. Does black market liver tabs from out behind the hungry jacks dumpster count.

Having said that, there are no essential carbohydrates/sugars that our body needs, as it can make glucose from proteins and fats as I've stated before.

No shit and you can go three days without water, are you going to do that also.

Surely we are all aiming for optimal here not the bare minimum we can survive on. So piss these no essential carb arguments off. It's not a good argument for low carb diets.

No shit and you can go three days without water, are you going to do that also.

Surely we are all aiming for optimal here not the bare minimum we can survive on. So piss these no essential carb arguments off. It's not a good argument for low carb diets.
Three days without water? What's that got to do with my post now? And who here is talking about a low or a high carb argument. Please read my posts carefully before you respond, or rather, react to them. Thank you.

If you can find a single thing wrong with what I've written, please point it out, preferably in a mature manner. I'm waiting.

Three days without water? What's that got to do with my post now? And who here is talking about a low or a high carb argument. Please read my posts carefully before you respond, or rather, react to them. Thank you.

If you can find a single thing wrong with what I've written, please point it out, preferably in a mature manner. I'm waiting.

Fadi. You didn't say anything new. All you did was repeat what had been said multiple times by others but in a long winded yoda speak version.

Fadi. You didn't say anything new. All you did was repeat what had been said multiple times by others but in a long winded yoda speak version.
Oh I get it, thank you. I'm sure you must've noticed, that my response was prompted by Andy's claim when he wrote the following:
You could not exsist without carbs...carbs are essential me thinks
That's what I was responding to. Now you're telling us that what I've written is nothing new. Fair enough mate, perhaps it's new to Andy (but not you). Again I must reiterate, I'm not arguing for or against carbs, that was not the purpose of my post. I hope other members can clearly see that.

Fadi

The body cannot function properly on food void of carbs.

Therefore carbs are essential

Im fair dinkum over of these tit for tat discussions.