• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What do we mean by "carbs" here?

Good question old boy! I've been asking myself the same thing.

vegatables, fruit, berries, nuts, seeds.

there is a debate as to whether one needs wheat.

But in its whole form it's good, as it contains "essential" oils

At the end of the day, like fuckin everything; balance, trial and error and self evident truths.

Fadi

The body cannot function properly on food void of carbs.

Therefore carbs are essential

Im fair dinkum over of these tit for tat discussions.
I made it very clear that I did not respond to your post for the sake of an argument. And since you're content with your stance, I'll leave it right here...don't like tit for tat either.

I made it very clear that I did not respond to your post for the sake of an argument. And since you're content with your stance, I'll leave it right here...don't like tit for tat either.

Just to be clear.

You think food void of carbohydrates is healthy?

Good question old boy! I've been asking myself the same thing.

vegatables, fruit, berries, nuts, seeds.

there is a debate as to whether one needs wheat.

But in its whole form it's good, as it contains "essential" oils

At the end of the day, like fuckin everything; balance, trial and error and self evident truths.
I'm convinced that some people don' understand which foods are carbs

Just to be clear.

No, absolutely not. That was never my response to the claims you've made. You made some claims, and I responded accordingly. Now if there was one single wrong point which you believe I made during my response to you, please point it out. I made it clear that I was not after an argument, neither a discussion of whether carbs are good or bad, that was never my point. Thank you.

No, absolutely not. That was never my response to the claims you've made. You made some claims, and I responded accordingly. Now if there was one single wrong point which you believe I made during my response to you, please point it out. I made it clear that I was not after an argument, neither a discussion of whether carbs are good or bad, that was never my point. Thank you.

What was the claim I made?
or some claims.

how much? I went down to 50% of total calories last 15 months from a round 70-80%, but glucose levels remained same; high end of normal.

What was the claim I made?
or some claims.
You made the following claims:
You could not exsist without carbs,....
carbs are essential me thinks.

Fadi
My response was the following:
I don't wish to sound argumentativehere, but the correct answer is we do not needcarbohydrates, what our body needs is glucose. What we need issome essential amino acids and some essential fatty acids, since our body cannot manufacture these from within, hence we need these from an external source,making these certain amino acids and fatty acids essential for life.

Having said that, there are no essential carbohydrates/sugarsthat our body needs, as it can make glucose fromproteins and fats as I've stated before.
So whilst you're talking about carbs, I'm saying it's not the carbs that the body needs, but glucose is what it needs. You say carbs are essential, and a diet devoid of carbs would make the body function improperly. But my argument was never on carbs, as I made it clear from the outset that it's a false premise to say that our body need a food called carb. I can very easily get into a discussion of how our body does well without carbs, or with an extremely low carb food diet, but that was never my intention, and frankly, I'm not interested in such an argument, since I do not believe one has to curtail (or completely cut out carbohydrates from one's diet) to be healthy or to function optimally.

However the other side of the argument is also true, whereby a reduction or an omission of carbohydrates food from one's diet would not result in some illness of some sort based on that lack of carbohydrate. Why all this? Because ultimately it's not about the crabs, but the end product which (as I've said from the beginning) is glucose.

Last edited:
300-500g carbs for me.
As long as I don't consume too many high glycemic index carbs, I don't see any negative effects.
I avoid gluten and wheat carbs as much as possible.

Fadi

Im fair dinkum over of these tit for tat discussions.

I have already asked you what you base this on??

And what illness will befall me??

You have no answer, you just repeat the same thing over??

Please answer the questions, or are you unable to do so??

.............??
You're wasting your time arguing the obvious big man. Stick with what you're doing, as your body has very much gotten all its processes of glucose manufacturing from non-carbohydrate substrates (gluconeogenesis) in place, and I'm sure is running efficiently and doing just fine.

You can supply all of your glucose' needs eating the way you're eating. Yes glucose is necessary, however it is not necessary to eat it. I'll leave it here and wish you the best of health sir.

Last edited:
Who said anything about restricting carbs??

Like I said from the beginning, eat your requirements in protein and fat then you are free to use the rest of your calories in carbs if you feel the need, it's a pretty basic concept, do anything else and you will either get fat or miss out on gains in your training, no other options really exist.

Some people like to add horse feed into their diet to achieve this I prefer more tasty options.

If you think there is another option please explain it to me.

You were. Aren't you debating for a low carb diet? Well that's how I understood your posts.

I don't know why you think carbs are tasteless. They're all basically forms of sugar.

Just to be clear.

That's not the debate. Fadi was explaining why they're not essential for a human to live. The glucose needed by the body will be converted from fat or protein. But like the rest of us are saying, converting fat or protein to glucose is inefficient and not optimal.

That's ok and I understand.

But there are more nutrients in ALL carbs like; minerals, vitamins, oils and enzymes that we cannot obtain through just your traditional Protien items.

what caught my attention was Mick stated he ate no carbs, but then later stated he ate veg and fruit, I responded by saying, thanks for clearing that up.