• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO State Titles

Ben is a good lifter - I think he missed his 247.5 - just saw some videos of it.

160 S
115 B
245 D

Not bad! - good on him!!

Well, he squatted 210, benched 130 and deadlifted 260kg, raw, so I would say that it had no adverse affects on his lifting

I have to join Gay Book to view them, I'd rather neck myself lol

I'll wait till Max comes home from school

All impressive numbers, no doubt about it.

Would he have done better had he not have had to shift his bodyweight by 21kgs?

I think it would be fairer to have to weigh in the morning of your lifting.

All impressive numbers, no doubt about it.

Would he have done better had he not have had to shift his bodyweight by 21kgs?

I think it would be fairer to have to weigh in the morning of your lifting.

Well that would be common sense..

Well, he squatted 210, benched 130 and deadlifted 260kg, raw, so I would say that it had no adverse affects on his lifting

I have to join Gay Book to view them, I'd rather neck myself lol

I'll wait till Max comes home from school

****me dead i just went and drnak 1L of milk fromt he fridge,,

All these great tahletes competing in one place must be awsome for encouragement.. Sometimes i think i get less motivated because i am stronger then 99% of people in my gym.

He smashed the National Junior record in the squat, bench, dead and total. He also smashed the same records in the Open section

Not sure he couldve done much better.

As far as weighing in before the comp, too many lifters come in depleted. That is very unhealthy. No matter what you say, they will still cut to the last minute.

The 24 hour weigh in is fair to everybody, except those driving in from interstate lol

I'm instructing my lifters to simply be 1-3kg over on the Friday morning. A sauna at night and Saturday morning should be enough to make weight.

The extremes you need to go to for 8-12kg are not ideal, I would never ask a PTC lifter to do this.

But Matts a champ who gives it his all, a very impressive young man

That's a huge difference between his squat and deadlift. He would DL my max for warm-ups but squat just 5kg more. That's odd!

Some people are better designed for deads. Long arms, strong back and hamstrings they all contribute. Usually you also find this person does deads more as they excel at them as they are so much easier than squats. It may not go for this guy but it just chucking out some reasons.
Posted via Mobile Device

To the dude who asked if it affects his performance dropping weight - I don't think so really - aslong as you can gain the weight back in that 24 hours then normally your sweet! If you can gain even more than you dropped then even better.

Matt will do it all again at the nationals and I can tell you now we are working on getting his numbers even higher than the NSW's and even abit lower BW....very exciting to work and be around such a great athlete.

If Matt keeps going how he is going he can be one of the best Powerlifters for his age/weight in the world - and I will do my best to help him with this.

We have another great lifter doing his mini-test tonight - Nathan Jones - he won the 110's last yr in IPF - he is going for a 320/195/310 tonight - will hopefully get some videos up!

Matt already has most lifts covered now, he went 210/130/260 total 610l

WPC Junior World Records
75 KG CLASS
S 215.0 Muratov. Pavel 85 RUS 02/26/2009 Chelyabinsk. Russia
B 152.5 Kelin. Dmitry 88 RUS 10/02/2009 Rostov
D 260.0 Dekkert. Yevgeny 89 RUS 10/02/2009 Rostov
T 602.5 Muratov. Pavel 85 RUS 02/26/2009 Chelyabinsk. Russia 215-137.5-250

That is excellent.

I should have filmed Kelly last night, he pulled 230kg x 3 without a belt @ 81kg

These boys are VERY strong