• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO State Titles

Yeah 25kg squat bar, 20kg texas deadlift bar.

I didnt pay attention to the bench bar. Some type of power bar i think.

Leader Community ePaper

Mum, son set national records

WITH a lot of oomph, a Frankston gym has achieved stunning results at the CAPO State Powerlifting Championships in Hawthorn.

National records tumbled as 16 lifters from the Performance Training Centre in Frankston put their stamp on the competition. Nina Ma r k o p o u l o s was crowned the best female lifter; her son Max was runner-up teenage lifter; Nicholas Miltos was the best junior lifter; and the best open lifter was Kelly Chan.

In all, PTC lifters set 53 national records. Nina set eight national records: 60kg Open Class and Master 45-49 in squat 92.5kg, bench press 62.5kg, deadlift 110kg for a total 257.5kg.

Max set two national records and equalled one, to go with his four national records in the 16-17yo 75kg class.

In the 18-19yo 75kg class, he set records in t he squat 170kg (equalled) 215kg deadlift for a 487.5kg total.

Nico set four national records, in 82.5kg Junior (20-23yo) squat 167.5kg, bench press 122.5kg, deadlift 235kg for a total 525kg.

Kelly set three national records in 82.5kg open class, squat 170kg, deadlift 255kg for a total 565kg.

All 16 PTC lifters who competed on the weekend have qualified for the national titles in August.

Last edited:
I'm starting to get annoyed at capo QLD for the lack of orginisational skills.
Their is nothing, anywhere to say any of us lifted yet alone broke records.
Even WA's is up FFS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Leader Community ePaper

WITH a lot of oomph, a Frankston gym has achieved stunning results at the CAPO State Powerlifting Championships in Hawthorn.

National records tumbled as 16 lifters from the Performance Training Centre in Frankston put their stamp on the competition. Nina Ma r k o p o u l o s was crowned the best female lifter; her son Max was runner-up teenage lifter; Nicholas Miltos was the best junior lifter; and the best open lifter was Kelly Chan.

In all, PTC lifters set 53 national records. Nina set eight national records: 60kg Open Class and Master 45-49 in squat 92.5kg, bench press 62.5kg, deadlift 110kg for a total 257.5kg.

Max set two national records and equalled one, to go with his four national records in the 16-17yo 75kg class.

In the 18-19yo 75kg class, he set records in t he squat 170kg (equalled) 215kg deadlift for a 487.5kg total.

Nico set four national records, in 82.5kg Junior (20-23yo) squat 167.5kg, bench press 122.5kg, deadlift 235kg for a total 525kg.

Kelly set three national records in 82.5kg open class, squat 170kg, deadlift 255kg for a total 565kg.

All 16 PTC lifters who competed on the weekend have qualified for the national titles in August.

Nice work :) :D

Leader Community ePaper

Good stuff!

Scott, I have spoken to Paul about this.

I actually used your situation as a an example that is dreadful.

you set records at QLD, then 3 weeks later they were beaten at the Vics, so they will NEVER show on CAPO's website. That is inexcusable in my opinion.

I urge all new CAPO lifters to contact Paul and complain, its not good enough. I know he said the QLD guys still hadnt sent him the results, but the Vics have been run and won 3 weeks ago, and our record board hasnt been updated.

The WA guys lifted blind, no knowledge of what the records are.

Shocking.

Didnt know you had to qualify to lift at the nationals..

How do you go about doing that?

Compete in a state comp - you need a X total min but thats not being announced till after all state comps.

Juniors and teens do not need to qualify.

It MAY be different for raw.

Also, this year in Vic for instance, there was only 1 chance to set a total in a 3 lift comp.

Its a bit harsh if you cant compete that weekend. Generally, there is more than one oppurtunity. This will change in the future.

Last check CAPO had 145 paid up members, thats a good number for them.

we should see more comps next year, I hope.

I reckon next yr they could nearly have a ACT only comp + a NSW comp - RAW is taking off!

So far the numbers at this years States are

NSW.... 24 raw - 6 equipped
NT........ 3 raw - 4 equipped
Vic...... 21 raw - 11 equipped
QLD..... No f u c k i n g idea
WA...... 21 raw - 3 equipped

69 lifted raw 24 equipped. Times are changing.

If a gym puts up its hand Joel, I reckon they could easily hold a Canberra States on its own. Were working on a Sydney gym at the moment.

You may need better plates though mate lol

So far the numbers at this years States are

NSW.... 24 raw - 6 equipped
NT........ 3 raw - 4 equipped
Vic...... 21 raw - 11 equipped
QLD..... No f u c k i n g idea
WA...... 21 raw - 3 equipped

69 lifted raw 24 equipped. Times are changing.

If a gym puts up its hand Joel, I reckon they could easily hold a Canberra States on its own. Were working on a Sydney gym at the moment.

You may need better plates though mate lol

Already getting quotes mate lol

From memory, we had about 11 lift.
9 raw, 2 equipt.
2 jnrs,
1 chick about 40 @ 75kg,
1 78yo male,
2 guys that were 50+ (one deadlifted 280kg I think)
The rest would have been open around the 100kg mark.

At least 5 records were broken.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, thats why I replaced my old ABC plates with Ivankos to go with my Eleikos.

Joel, what plates are you getting, from where, and how much are you paying.

pm me if you want, I can get good deals.