• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I like to train train muscle twice per week.

I would like to but can't seem to fit a meaningful amount of volume in twice per week for every group and keep sessions at a reasonable duration. 5 or 6 sets doesn't cut it.

I would like to but can't seem to fit a meaningful amount of volume in twice per week for every group and keep sessions at a reasonable duration. 5 or 6 sets doesn't cut it.

What about something like I'm doing. 4-day split, which means each muscle group gets hit twice every 8 days. I actually hit them every 9 days as I throw in a full body session once a week. So really each muscle group is getting hit like 2.2 times every 1.5 weeks.

What about something like I'm doing. 4-day split, which means each muscle group gets hit twice every 8 days. I actually hit them every 9 days as I throw in a full body session once a week. So really each muscle group is getting hit like 2.2 times every 1.5 weeks.

Maybe. Aren't you doing PPL, whole body, or something similar?

Maybe. Aren't you doing PPL, whole body, or something similar?

I do a bit of everything.

My 4-day split is:
Day 1 - Quads and hamstrings.
Day 2 - Chest and triceps.
Day 3 - Back and biceps.
Day 4 - Shoulders and calves.
So sort of a PPL split, but with a shoulders and calves day as I feel these muscle groups needed work.

5 days a week I do bro splits. So if I start with legs on a Tuesday, I do legs again on Saturday. This results in a particular muscle group getting hit a bit harder for the week. Then next week it will be a different muscle group.

Sunday is cardio day and is when I go hiking.
If you wanted a rest day, you could easily leave that for Sunday instead of cardio.

Monday will be a full body routine, as I'm going to be a bit recovered from the cardio day. It also avoids "international chest Monday".

I find is mixes everything up, keeps training interesting, and all muscle groups are being hit plenty. I try to be in an out of the gym in about 1 hour and 15 minutes including warming up.

I keep reverting to PPL but struggle to fit shoulders in. Don't really like hammering them on the same day as chest so I've sort of split it to front/side delts on the push day and rear delts on pull day. Also do a PLP than a PPL so there's only one day where they get hit two days in a row.

Chest/Back is too much for me. End up being in the gym for 2 hours.

Does not take 2 hrs
?

Depends on your volume. I don't find 2 exercises or 6 sets adequate. I'm going back to a traditional 5 day split. If I can get it done it to 60-70 mins (a little longer for legs) and I'm not totally exhausted I think I will start growing faster again. The past year has really been an exercise in volume and duration. I feel I reached a point where the effort outweighed the returns significantly, and the exhaustion and soft tissue niggles become tiresome (literally).

Although I have still been making progress in terms of gains and numbers lifted the past year has been a grind and not particularly enjoyable. Time to dial it back a bit and find that equilibrium between my recovery ability and effort expended. Stimulate not annihilate....well, annihilate more strategically.

I wish i could spend that long in the gym, 45 - 50 mins i my max time during my lunch break, then again to get through i find its good having a set time, whihc keeps you pushing and keeps the intensity up

I wish i could spend that long in the gym, 45 - 50 mins i my max time during my lunch break, then again to get through i find its good having a set time, whihc keeps you pushing and keeps the intensity up

This is true. Though I find that if you're doing say 5x5 squats or DLs by the time you set up, warm up do your sets and pack it away you're looking at 1/2 hr minimum. Then do your other exercises...

This is true. Though I find that if you're doing say 5x5 squats or DLs by the time you set up, warm up do your sets and pack it away you're looking at 1/2 hr minimum. Then do your other exercises...

Oh yeah i am hearing you there, i havent done deads in quite a while:eek::eek::eek:, due to fact how much time it takes to warmup, setup, packup etc, seeing as i generally workout 5 days been thinking i might have a deadlift only day in there and then whatever else i fit in afterwards, the other days being legs, chest, back, shoulders.