• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Devising a new split. Gonna be 4 day split, but working everything 3 times every 14 days, which will be an increase in frequency for most muscle groups but a decrease for some. I anticipate overall volume will increase slightly. Muscle groups will get a high volume workout one week, and lower volume per session at higher frequency the alternate week. This will also allow me to spread the workload a little more evenly, e.g. 2 higher volume leg workouts with lower volume/higher frequency chest and back one week, the opposite the alternate week.

Hopefully this will allow me to reap some of the benefits of increased frequency, improve recovery and reduce time spent in the gym; because workout length has been blowing out somewhat. If need be there is definite scope to add in another day but I have been enjoying having weekends completely off.

accessdenied.jpg

Haha you fiends. I haven't worked out the exercises, I might do it on the fly. First day today though, feels good. I'll put up the basic schedule to give you an idea shortly. Just gotta feed.

Devising a new split. Gonna be 4 day split, but working everything 3 times every 14 days, which will be an increase in frequency for most muscle groups but a decrease for some. I anticipate overall volume will increase slightly. Muscle groups will get a high volume workout one week, and lower volume per session at higher frequency the alternate week. This will also allow me to spread the workload a little more evenly, e.g. 2 higher volume leg workouts with lower volume/higher frequency chest and back one week, the opposite the alternate week.

Hopefully this will allow me to reap some of the benefits of increased frequency, improve recovery and reduce time spent in the gym; because workout length has been blowing out somewhat. If need be there is definite scope to add in another day but I have been enjoying having weekends completely off.

Didn't see this post. I "toyed with" running a PPL on a 4 day per week basis which will get everything worked 3 times over near a 2 week period.

As you get older I think the greater frequency requiring the use of more compound movements keeps your hormone levels higher, remembering our hormones take a dive post 30. The extra hormone level may not result in greater muscle development but it will certainly will give you a greater sense of well being and health. The added frequency should give you more muscle development once your body has adapted to the frequency.

Have you thought of running a 4 day PHAT?

Last edited: