• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
71jY1Ik.png

You should train [STRIKETHROUGH]harder[/STRIKETHROUGH] properly.

Chest
BP - 4 x 6-8
Inc - 3 x 10-12
Isolation (fly or pec dec) 3-4 x 10-12
Dead- 4 x 3-5
Row - 4 x 6-8
Pull up or lat pulldown - 4 x 10-12

Surely less than 65-70 mins

I don't even find chest taxing. Laying on my back lifting my arms up and down doesn't fatigue me.

What's that.. by assuming you're only be resting 2 min between sets, bolting from one station to the next without having to wait, Pit crew helping with the weight changes. No warm up/mobility/cool down allowance?

Yeah if I'm doing a split, say chest and bi's it might be a longish one for me.. which is about 75mins... allow 2 mins extra for the obligatory stretch.

What's that.. by assuming you're only be resting 2 min between sets, bolting from one station to the next without having to wait, Pit crew helping with the weight changes. No warm up/mobility/cool down allowance?

Mobility, cooldowns... wtf is this shit.
I lift, i leave.

Chest
BP - 4 x 6-8
Inc - 3 x 10-12
Isolation (fly or pec dec) 3-4 x 10-12
Dead- 4 x 3-5
Row - 4 x 6-8
Pull up or lat pulldown - 4 x 10-12

Surely less than 65-70 mins

No way, especially not with DLs in there, and that's nearly half a back workout.

Not enough volume for me and like Fudgey says, the low rep stuff takes the best part of half hour. If you're doing that for bench and deads in the same workout that's an hour there plus other lifts.

Atm my chest day is
BP - 5x5 (60-120 sec rest)
Inc dbs or HS incline - 3x8-12 (60 sec rest)
Dips - as few sets as possible to get 50 reps (minimal rest)
Flyes - 7 x 12 (30 sec rest)

That can get done in about 45 mins or so, then add on front delt, tri and an work. Do that twice a week....

Back is similar volume.
Lat pull down/low cable rows - 4 sets of 8-12 ea
HS seated rows 5x5
Face pulls/straight pulldowns - 3x8-12 ea
Rack pulls - 3x8-12

Then bis, rear delts and abs...twice per week