• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bicep help advice only

Nice one Oli with the personal insults, real tough guy insulting someone who you have never met being an internet hero........

Oh so going on your theory if someone asks you if how get bigger biceps, your answer is to bench more? seriously dude that is a farkin JOKE of a response.....

Your problem with curls is that you're not doing them in the squat rack. This where all the leet guys hang out.

Nailed it again wingers.

lol @ Trentzor.. I've been trying to work out whetther this is another troll thread. Methinks so

Nice one with the personal insults, real tough guy insulting someone who you have never met being an internet hero........

Oh so going on your theory if someone asks you if how get bigger biceps, your answer is to bench more? seriously dude that is a farkin JOKE of a response.....

He already does direct bicep work. what more do you propose? drop set, pyramid, brotastic bs to 'confuse the muscle' and 'increase intensity'?

Out of curiosity 'Neddy' how much do you squat/bench/deadlift? what do you weigh?

He already does direct bicep work. what more do you propose? drop set, pyramid, brotastic bs to 'confuse the muscle' and 'increase intensity'?

Out of curiosity 'Neddy' how much do you squat/bench/deadlift? what do you weigh?

Fuck Oli, this is not the Spanish inquisition

This is blokes talking

Fuck Oli, this is not the Spanish inquisition

This is blokes talking

Obvioulsy Oli is a little insecure about being challenged on some of his answers.......

But thats fine, I really dont care I am about 6'1" weight 98kg, Bench 100kg for reps, Dead 140 for reps and squat 100 for reps, not big numbers but then again i am aiming for muscle growth i am not looking to be a power lifter so numbers dont bother me it is all about stimulating the muscle for growth.

Squats are performed at the end of the workout when in a pre fatigued state.

I have nothing to hide, been lifting long enough to know what works and what doesn't FOR ME, there is still always something new to learn and different things to try some may work some may not.

Obvioulsy Oli is a little insecure about being challenged on some of his answers.......

But thats fine, I really dont care I am about 6'1" weight 98kg, Bench 100kg for reps, Dead 140 for reps and squat 100 for reps, not big numbers but then again i am aiming for muscle growth i am not looking to be a power lifter so numbers dont bother me it is all about stimulating the muscle for growth.

Squats are performed at the end of the workout when in a pre fatigued state.

I have nothing to hide, been lifting long enough to know what works and what doesn't FOR ME, there is still always something new to learn and different things to try some may work some may not.

Your lifts aren't that bad but they could use some work.

I put it to your arms are over 14" because you weigh 98kg and likely arn't useing the pink dumbbells for your upper body. Things that make you go hmm.

Trent,

Where somebody benches 80kg and does direct bicep work what would you suggest to increasing bicep work/arm size?

Arms are mostly triceps.. i would say easily over 75%
If u want to get your arms bigger u do alot more triceps work.
When benching u already utilize alot of triceps anyway during lockout phase.
So in common sense the heavier the bench. The more stress on the triceps and growth.
So at the end of the bench throw in 2-3 sets dips and then close grip presses/skull crushers..

Biceps themselves are worked when u do pullups/rows and form of pulling movement. heck when u low bar squat your biceps are used a fair bit.
So im not sure why a person needs to do a "seperate day" just for biceps when you can just do 5 sets of curls at the end of say back day.

deadlifting/heavy pullups/Rows/close grip rows then 3-5 sets of barbell curls will still get u the same pump your after by just doing arms alone.

yes u still need to do direct arm work (if your bodybuilding) but i dont see the need to do 20 gazllion reps/sets on such a small muscle alone if your other lifts are lacking otherwise. Waste of time and effort.

to further prove my point.. im currently training malceb from this forum in his body transform..
His programs invilved 2 sets of direct bicep work and 3 sets of tricep work (dips) to help his bench. It is a strength/mass building program..

below are the results so far..

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/ceffo/PTC%20Clients/LamPhamMeasurements.jpg

u can see he has put on over an inch on his arms alone in 3 months.

hence my point..

Last edited:
I think Oli pointed out, your already getting stimulation on your biceps and probably your triceps too. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest your not putting enough down your mouth, and if you say you are, you arn't, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. So perhaps its not your workout, its what your doing, or not doing at home.

I'm going to let you in on a big secret here.

With *intense type training, you don't have to force yourself to eat.

It happens automatically.

Your body, now wanting to grow, kicks in and makes you hungry almost every hour or two.*

Bananas, milk, roast beef, ice cream, peanut butter, lollies, protein bars: almost anything that's not moving away looks interesting.*

And after eating 300-400 calories -- you then want to take a nap.*

*intense training is brutal and done properly looks frightening to the noob