• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bicep help advice only

username0

Hi guys I know alot of ppl hate the bicep training discussions but I keep seeing other body builders with huge biceps and I'm jelous I can't get them.

I must r doing somethin wrong do plz hVe me it advice or training steps for biceps.
I an seeing pleasing progress with the 4-7 incement method and good gains in tricep chest shoulder back and leg weighs and appearance.

My biceps however look tiny compared to my other parts and have not seen much impovement weight wise for months.

I do a bicep / back or other day and use bar curls , preach curls and reverse curls in each as well as chinups.
I use the 4 rep weight and am up to 5-6 of 33 kg for bar curls less for the other 2 and about 3 working sets with 1-2 mins rest each .
I do a back or chest / biceps day once a week

In comparison my triceps can close grip bench press 75kg so it's way out of poportion I can total bench 80kg.

Please give me some help.

How long training? Also a photo of said arms or even upper body would provide an UNBIASED assessment of the issue.

I would suggest that maybe you routine and rep range is aimed more at strength rather than growth, have you tried going things like 21's, drop sets, super sets, giant sets, dropping the weight and increasing reps to 10 - 15 or higher to really get a good pump and blood flowing into the muscle?

these other bodybuilders, they are most likely MUCH stronger than you are, they are probably doing much more than yourself, be patient and work up to it. you will get there eventually, ive always thought biceps respond well to more reps, round the 10reps a set mark for 3-4 sets. and chinups!

What do you want to do? Increase the peak, make the muscle longer?
You can do all the exercises you like, hell, you can even listen to squatologists when they say; "squats will biuld biceps" if you've been training hard now and for some time and your guns havnt changed, nothing else will.

Grab a bar and curl it, work it as hard and as intense as any other exercise you do, there is no secret, the overall volume or circumfrence of the muscle will change, that is all.

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken shit

thankyou sir
But chicken shit makes great fertilizer and can grow some powerful feed which eaten by a chicken can make the chicken very tasty. therefore better soup than the person who is happy enough to simply eat basic chicken soup provided.

Therefore

"it is not that I am smarter. Its simply that I work on problems longer." - Albert einstien

Thanks for the other legitimate advice I will try.
Training time about a year and a bit

thankyou sir
But chicken shit makes great fertilizer and can grow some powerful feed which eaten by a chicken can make the chicken very tasty. therefore better soup than the person who is happy enough to simply eat basic chicken soup provided.

Therefore

"it is not that I am smarter. Its simply that I work on problems longer." - Albert einstien

Thanks for the other legitimate advice I will try.
Training time about a year and a bit

Interdasting

Please try this for three months

Starting tonight.
As part of the workout Pick up the 28kg and do eleven, no more no less.

Next workout, do twelve

Next workout do twelve, should be easier

Next work do twelve easy

Add four kg to the bar and do eight

Next workout do nine

Next workout do ten

Next workout do eleven

Next workout do twelve

Repeat each workout until you own that twelve as before

Then increase another 4kg's and do eight

This exercise like all the others you do is done to complete MMF with strict form and cadence.

Don't do any other direct arm work, just these.

Do squats and shit or whatever other exercise you do, also using the same method.