• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bicep help advice only

To get huge guns you will need to get a spotter with a set of huge guns. Otherwise you will never get huge...

Your problem with curls is that you're not doing them in the squat rack. This where all the leet guys hang out.

find me someone who can bench 180kg with 12" guns.

Once again Oli you comprehension leaves much to be desired........

Someone who can bench 180kg may well have guns greater than 12", i would suggest mainly made up of their tricep, considering the arm in generally is made up of 2/3 tricep AND Bench indirectly working the tricep (Nothing to do with bicep), which i thought his question was about?

So once again, how would benching 180kg effect his BICEP size?:rolleyes:

Fuck this annoys the shit out of me. You DON"T want big biceps you want big arms. Despite what you think your tricep is not overpowering your bicep. When you see a guy who is bursting at the shirt seams with arms that is 75% tricep 25% bicep.

Beginners think the only way to get arms to grow is pyramid, 21's, running the rack or other silly programmes. You get big bi's the same way you get bigger anything add weight to your curl progressively and do heaps of chins then when you can do heaps of weighted chins.

Bench 100kg for reps & do sets of strict curls with 20kg plate each side and I guarantee you will have big arms. End of story

Don't even get me started on preacher curls, or cable curls.

END RANT

What amazes me is that we always choose a program to follow from the very best at their very peak.

Never once do we start where they did, but rather where they ended up after years of foundational work along with trial and error.

Your problem is you bench 80kg.

Your problem is that you are not helpful with any of your comments.
You are strong Oli, take a leaf out of Sticky's book and try being patient with beginners and offer real advice, I'm sure you started out just like the rest of us.

This thread

CrossfitCarPulling.jpg

cheers
trent

Once again Oli you comprehension leaves much to be desired........

Someone who can bench 180kg may well have guns greater than 12", i would suggest mainly made up of their tricep, considering the arm in generally is made up of 2/3 tricep AND Bench indirectly working the tricep (Nothing to do with bicep), which i thought his question was about?

So once again, how would benching 180kg effect his BICEP size?:rolleyes:

Physiologically your biceps don't fall asleep when you bench, press, chin, row etc. They play a role whether as prime movers or stabilisers.

Therefore the key to bigger biceps is to get bigger and stronger in the upper body, the bench being a key upper body lift.

Don't let logic get in the way of your arm session with the pink dumbbells though big boy.

Physiologically your biceps don't fall asleep when you bench, press, chin, row etc. They play a role whether as prime movers or stabilisers.

Therefore the key to bigger biceps is to get bigger and stronger in the upper body, the bench being a key upper body lift.

Don't let logic get in the way of your arm session with the pink dumbbells though big boy.

Oli is channeling Markos

It's all good just takes him a while to get there