• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Not having a go just pointing out that this is only 50% BCAA by weight. 7.5g of Glutamine, BA and Citrulline, and another 2.5g of sweeteners and flavours per 20g, for $99/kg (as per Massive Joe's website). Compare that to say BN BCAA Amino Recovery which is 73% BCAA by weight for $62 /kg.

TRUE PRE

Contents
There's also 1.8g of beta alanine which will give you the tingles and aid in nitric oxide production for increased muscle pumps. I felt this dosage gave a result a bit above average. I've used other products that were purely pump focused, where this is more of a complete pre workout. Also, I barely got any tingles. It looks like this product isn't trying to give you skin crawling tingles with massive pumps, so don't expect it.

Not having a go just pointing out that this is only 50% BCAA by weight. 7.5g of Glutamine, BA and Citrulline, and another 2.5g of sweeteners and flavours per 20g, for $99/kg (as per Massive Joe's website). Compare that to say BN BCAA Amino Recovery which is 73% BCAA by weight for $62 /kg.

I guess it depends on what you're after. Glutamine, BA and Citrulline certainly aren't cheap fillers, and each have their own unique effect. If you're just after plain BCAAs, get just that and it will be the cheapest option. If you want an intra workout with effects you'll feel, get a product with the above ingredients.

You really don't think I know the effects of Beta Alanine with all the research I do into supplements? I didn't explicitly mention it as I thought it was obvious to everyone. There's many posts from me in the past talking about the effects of BA and tingles.

You would think with all the research you do on supplements you would have worked out you are being conned by now.

There's subtleties between these pre-intra workouts mean you'll only be able to judge the pros and cons of each by actually trying it. So out of Massive Joe's, True's Pre, or BN's BCAA Amino, which one would you recommend as the best? [MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION];

You only sell a barbell once
You can only describe\prescribe only so many routines
Exercise is the only true method for limb health and strength
You can sell numerous tubs of supplements

How long does it and what does it take before a person realizes the outright lies the supposed experts are telling you and the reason behind it?

In the last 25 years or so on the net I see these posts repeat over and over again.

There's subtleties between these pre-intra workouts mean you'll only be able to judge the pros and cons of each by actually trying it. So out of Massive Joe's, True's Pre, or BN's BCAA Amino, which one would you recommend as the best? @steveP ;

The True Pre was more of a pre workout obviously, but the ingredients are similar. And I haven't tried BN's product. I think they're much of a muchness. The main thing is that you're giving your body what it needs to grow and recover. All the products listed seem to have adequate dosages to get benefits. So far I'm liking the higher dosage of BA in the Core product. However the flavour could make or break it for some people. I'm fine with it, but it definitely has it's own unique bitter tang.

I've tried the Apple/Raspberry & Watermelon [MENTION=16378]StrungOut[/MENTION]; and it's a toss up between those for me. I'd say Watermelon cause it's more subtle.

70kg at my absolute minimum after dieting for 16 weeks. I got up to 83kg when purely bulking. This year I'm trying to lean bulk and have put on 4kg already with visible abs.

At least I'm in the gym training and trying things out with my diet to see what works. Then again, I could just be an internet expert posting 3 year old photos.

I think the pics steve posted shows he knows what he is doing..... I am sure he knew the BA was creating the tingle.

a lot lot of people bang on about body weight, supplement debunking etc, but I haven't seen many impressive physiques being posted up with pics.

In my mind there seems to be a bit of a divide when it comes to supplementation depending if your goal if strength/powerlifting focussed, or bodybuilding/ mass focused.

I have always been a fan of supplements, I understand others arent.

70kg at my absolute minimum after dieting for 16 weeks. I got up to 83kg when purely bulking. This year I'm trying to lean bulk and have put on 4kg already with visible abs.

At least I'm in the gym training and trying things out with my diet to see what works. Then again, I could just be an internet expert posting 3 year old photos.

So like I said 70kg with all those supps. What an amazing result.