• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Should put your current best lifts in your sig Mike.
Fair enough, added. But haven't normally trained 1rm to failure. Only the Deadlift did I try 150 and fail but I reckon I could do it today. I also think I might have a 100 bench in me already but am going to run the full cycle.

Cheers,
Mike

I'm doing the Sports Power Coach / Club Weightlifting License course next month. Anyone else here done the course?

Squat = estimated ~ 165kg (just under advanced)
Deadlift = estimated ~ 165kg (intermediate)
Bench = estimated ~ 80kg (novice)
Press = estimated ~ 57.5kg (novice)

Dont powerclean.

I've only been lifting for around 7 months and I really haven't had a chance to test my 1RM's. These are just based off internet calculators.

I've just had a quick look and compared myself on this.

Weight: 149lbs which puts me just into the 165lbs range

Press: 132lbs = Intermediate
Squat: 264lbs = Intermediate
Bench: 191lbs = Intermediate
Deadlift: 319lbs = Intermediate

I'm pretty happy with that considering I have only be training seriously for about 6 months.

Mine are...

BW 99KG

Press: 73KG (Intermediate)
Benchpress: 103KG (Intermediate) - 1 Month ago will re-test sometime soon.
Deadlift: 160KG (Intermediate)
Squat: Never really tried lately
Power Clean: 75.5KG (Novice) - I only ever do them once every 3 months or so. Imo they shouldn't be the on the list.

Because he is shit at them. When was the last time a guy that was good at something said it shouldnt be on the list lol

Why don't you think they should be on the list?
Posted via Mobile Device

My only reason is because it says "strength standards" and imo power cleans aren't a great test of your strength because your technique plays such a massive factor in it. I don't have a problem with things needing technique, but I just think it doesn't belong on this list. I don't mind them they are a pretty fun to do, especially in the backyark where I can drop the bar at the end and watch it leave big craters in the ground.

Might want to give them a shot mate.

Don't get me wrong I do squats frequency, just I have tried for a max rep lately.

i'll post up anyway:

press - novice (55kg)
squat - novice (125kg)
bench - intermediate (100kg)
deadlift - intermediate (160kg)
powerclean - novice (80kg)
very nice and useful post thanks,..

This just made my day... :D, using pre shoulder trouble numbers @200lbs bodyweight.
Press: 100kg Advanced
Squat: 200kg Advanced
Bench Press: 160kg Advanced
Deadlift: 240kg Advanced
Power Clean: never tested Novice

If I drop a few pounds and get into the 198lb division I'll feel even better about myself.

Some good numbers in this thread fellas.

El Freako, are you going to compete now that the IPF has a raw division next year mate?

This was a couple of years ago when I was a fully functional 3 lifter at 125kg...

Press: 90kg Advanced
Squat: 240kg Advanced
Bench Press: 180kg Advanced
Deadlift: 300kg Elite
Power Clean: never tested Novice

Although modesty compels me to point out that this is probably more the case these days at 134kg...

Press: 100kg Advanced
Squat: 100kg Novice
Bench Press: 200kg elite
Deadlift: 150kg Untrained
Power Clean: never tested untrained

at least until my back comes good. Fingers crossed.

Press: Advanced/ very close to Elite
Squat: Advanced/ close to Elite
Bench Press: Advanced
Deadlift: Advanced/ Close to Elite
Power Clean: never tested

El Freako, are you going to compete now that the IPF has a raw division next year mate?

Yeah mate, excited about the raw division. Just need to get my shoulder working again. It got a bit better then I started pressing again and it got a little worse so I'm laying off it for a little longer. I'll probably pull my finger out and register with PA soon just to get the ball rolling. I also might drag myself down to the UQ club eventually to get some coaching on my form although I think its ok.

:cool:

My squat, bench and dead are between intermidiate and advanced, my press is advanced and ive never tried a power clean before.