• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Armando has spoken to me about steroids and weightlifting back in the day.He said there was a great book I should read, I forget the name.

as far as the weight classes go, I was explaining to PB that the chart he was referring to had no link with weightlifting, and his 69kg class only existed in weightlifting.

The rest of the strength world still uses 60/67.5/75/82.5/90 etc, as does the chart in the first post of this thread

that's alright. I understand now. in my first comp, i came in at 67.55kg, so really...i only just got into that weight class by the skin of my teeth!! Perhaps I should work on getting up to teh 75's!!

i've taken Fadi's advice, focusing on getting more plates on the bar & letting my coach dictate to me about weight loss/gain

just found the thread

84kg bodyweight

bench 115 intermediate

squat 172.5 advance

deadlift 205 advance

standing military press 82.5 advance

im pretty bloody pleased with that.

Nice work big fella.

The WA CAPO state championships are on this Sunday, you would do really well with those lifts.

The National Records in your class are

172.5kg squat
155kg bench press
255kg deadlift

465kg total

I think there are quite a few people out there training who don't realise how strong they are, that they could compete.

I agree 100%.

Two boys from the ns.com forum, one of who has trained at PTC, are competing at the WA champs on Sunday, first time lifters.

And then there's guys like me who are way off the pace at the moment but working on it. Never trained 1rm before...

Here's my standard:

Bodyweight 75kg (165lbs)

Military Press: 47.5kg (104.5lbs) Novice
Bench Press: 75kg (165lbs) Novice
Squats: 120kg (264lbs) Intermediate
Deadlift: 140kg (308lbs) Intermediate

There goes the ego! ;) Weak shoulders = weak press. Really going to work my bench and try and get a better upper body outcome. But also going to hammer that deadlift as I know I can get some big gains there with serious effort. Still, Novice to Intermediate after 20 years in the gym is nothing to rave about...

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
I think 20 years of lifting IS something to rave about, not many of these kids will be lifting in 20 years

I think 20 years of lifting IS something to rave about, not many of these kids will be lifting in 20 years

Markos,

Thanks for that. You are the consummate coach! Wish I was down Melbourne way and I'd come train at PTC...

Cheers,
Mike

PS I aim to still be lifting in another 20 years too. ;)

markos ,,, you got me all excited then the total for those 3 lifts were 582.5kg not 465kg.
i think as ive mentioned before i actually do alot of boxing "not compitative anymore" but im getting alittle heavy now not that im going to stop.
I visited a meet at musclepit here in wa last month and got talking to a guy there called george really nice guy ,anyway i went down for a session few weeks back and did a few lifts ,pretty keen to get back down there soon ,fantastic place

Sorry, total record is 565kg, not all by one lifter, Kelly has the squat and dead, another guy has the bench, but total record is 565kg

Western Australia

Event

Title:WA State ChampionshipsWhen: 30.05.2010 - 30.05.2010 Where: Muscle Pit - Cannington Category: Western Australia Description

The Muscle Pit, 25 Crawford Street, Cannington.
Entry fee for competitors will be $10.00 members - $25.00 non-members - Spectators free.
To help with the running of the event can all those intending to lift please register with Henry by Friday 21st of May 2010.
Annual CAPO membership fees will also be due for renewal at this event.
Any questions please contact Henry on 0401 579 419... Cheers

Venue

Venue: Muscle Pit - Website Street: 25 Crawford Street ZIP: 6107 City: Cannington State: W.A Country:
au.gif
Call Henry today, compete, try and win your State Titles

cheers markos , noticed the posters down there when i trained and said to george and henry id try and make it.

I really need to get my bench up abit at the mo, when i started lifting i had a pretty poor posture from the boxing, so i didnt train my chest hard thats why i feel its alittle low compared to my squat and dead. Hopefully george can help with that down at musclepit.

chris, nice to see a strong perth dude on the forums!

unfortunately its too late to enter at the meet if you havent already done so. if you have, i'll be down there to cheer you on mate.

we might bump into each other one day at the pit, i too had an intro session with henry a few weeks ago.

happy lifting strong dude. :D

Stop being soft cocks both of you lol

Two other mates of mine from Perth were being sissy boys like you two, so I ripped them a new one.

they rang Henry last night, there lifting on Sunday.

No one ever got stronger watching.

ring Henry, its not too late, trust me.

Here is a great strength standard chart a powerlifter I work with posted on another forum. I thought this forum might like it.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf

It's compiled by very highly regarded strength coaches and I personally think it is a very good indicator or strength level.

Find the weight you fall BELOW and work out your lifts from there.

Here are mine currently.

Press - Advanced (95kg)
Bench - Intermediate (142.5kg) (only 1kg off advanced)
Powerclean - Intermediate (117.5kg)
Squat - Intermediate (187.5kg) (5kg off Advanced)
Deadlift - Advanced. (230kg)

I'll make advanced on the bench and squat next time I test 1rm's. Hopefully I'll make the powerclean by the end of the year.

Some progress

Press - 100kg Advanced
Bench - 150kg Advanced
Powerclean - 127.5kg Intermediate
Squat - 220kg Advanced
Deadlift - 275kg Elite

Based on my most recent lifts at BW 180lbs

Press - 60kg Novice
Bench - 95kg Intermediate
Powerclean - 72.5kg Novice
Squat - 155kg Intermediate
Deadlift - 185kg Intermediate

So based on the powerlifts alone, I'm an intermediate lifter.
Deadlift

Stop being soft cocks both of you lol

Two other mates of mine from Perth were being sissy boys like you two, so I ripped them a new one.

they rang Henry last night, there lifting on Sunday.

No one ever got stronger watching.

ring Henry, its not too late, trust me.

shit

what have i just done...

i just got off the phone with henry, he said its cool, come weigh in tomorrow 10-11am or 9:30-10:30am sunday...

Your a legend Alvin.

No way would anyone affiliated with CAPO not want a lifter to lift, its not how we roll.

I had aleady told Henry that I hoped you and Chris would enter.

Good luck Alvin, I really mean that.

Press - Intermediate
Squat - Intermediate
Bench - Intermediate
Dead - Intermediate
Clean - Novice :mad: