• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Basic Strength Standards Spreadsheet Created

Got sick of converting kg to pounds then cross checking my values.

So I made a spreadsheet that does it all for you.

Download the zip file, uncompress, open the spreadsheet, follow the instructions.

Apologies Ive only done it for Adult Men, if I get enough demand, Ill extend it for Adult Women.

I briefly checked it, there is no error handling.

*** Spreadsheet superceded by version 2.0, see posts below. ***

Attachments

• Basic Strength Standards.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Got sick of converting kg to pounds then cross checking my values.

So I made a spreadsheet that does it all for you.

Download the zip file, uncompress, open the spreadsheet, follow the instructions.

Apologies Ive only done it for Adult Men, if I get enough demand, Ill extend it for Adult Women.

I briefly checked it, there is no error handling.
legend!! sooo much easier

BW - 191
press - 154 Intermediate
bench - 220 intermediate
squat - 242 novice
dead - 220 untrained
powerclean - 154 un-trained

weakling!! will have a crack at this list again in a few weeks see how i go.

I figured a lot of people dont post their results because its a pain in the ass, so would help in general. Rep me :p.

Oh here are my stats, notice its the starting stats on the spreadsheet lol.

kg pounds Adult Men
Body Weight 88 194.0
Press 70 154.3 Intermediate
Bench 115 253.5 Intermediate
Squat 150 330.7 Intermediate
Deadlift 155 341.7 Intermediate
Power 80 176.4 Novice

Press, is that strict military press?

Last edited:
Nice work Paulie - Admittedly I am a bit nerdy, but I like anyone who likes spreadsheets.

BTW: It can't handle Elite lifts buddy!

Basic Strength Standards Spreadsheet Version 2.0 Release

* Now handles Elite lifters for Adult Men.

*** Spreadsheet superceded by version 3.0, see posts below. ***

Attachments

• Basic Strength Standards V2.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
very well said Paul, it's not where you start!
btw thanks for the updated spreadsheet.

for me

bodyweight 81kg
press 60kg - novice - prolly bit more in the tank, i did 55kg 10x3 alright.
bench 82.5kg - novice - paused at a comp. definitely lacking chesticles.
squat 170kg - advanced - i'm not elite yet. hopefully 185kg by end of year.
deadlift 175kg - intermediate - weak compared to deadlift. hoping 200kg by eoy.
powerclean 82.5kg - novice - only tried max effort on my first session. working on technique.

as you can see, my upper body is lagging behind, also deadlift needs to be much better. when people find out i squat 170kg, they think i deadlift 5 plates LOL!

but yea, still working hard at it and enjoying the process :)

Mine are of no interest to anyone, here are Max's, they really should have a junior section as this is for men.

Press - Advanced
Squat - Advanced
Bench - Intermediate
Deadlift - Advanced
Clean - Advanced

Nina's

Press - Advanced
Squat - Elite
Bench - Elite
Deadlift - Advanced (has done elite before, not currently)
Clean - Advanced

Interesting how it states that less than 1% will ever reach elite

Basic Strength Standards Spreadsheet V3

- Tightened it up a bit.

Attachments

• Basic Strength Standards V3.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 26
The thing i don't like about the table is that I'd think you'd have to modify it for people of varying heights and age. Say a short person at 5'5" weighing 140lbs deadlifting 300lbs would be less advanced IMO than say in the other extreme a 6'5" person at 140lbs deadlifting 300lbs, even that that 6'5" person would have to be a twig. Age would also be a bit of a factor.

Killustrated Prints
This is a link to some prints by Lon Kilgore that have slightly different standards depending on the person's age. Just scroll down the page, click on the appropriate print and zoom in. It doesn't have the press though. Just an additional note that both authors of the table Kilgore and Ripp put these forward as general guides, and they've since said that it varies between people and so you shouldn't use this to judge what type of programming you need but rather from your ability to recover from the workout sessions.

Some good numbers in this thread fellas.

El Freako, are you going to compete now that the IPF has a raw division next year mate?

This was a couple of years ago when I was a fully functional 3 lifter at 125kg...

Press: 90kg Advanced
Squat: 240kg Advanced
Bench Press: 180kg Advanced
Deadlift: 300kg Elite
Power Clean: never tested Novice

Although modesty compels me to point out that this is probably more the case these days at 134kg...

Press: 100kg Advanced
Squat: 100kg Novice
Bench Press: 200kg elite
Deadlift: 150kg Untrained
Power Clean: never tested untrained

at least until my back comes good. Fingers crossed.
How come your squat has dropped so much. Are you injured?

Thats another thing. The levels I put in for Max and Nina are what they can do right now, not levels achieved over years and then drop off.

Nina has done Elite in deadlifts a while ago, but currently she is advanced.

Thats why I didnt do mine, I dont think past lifts should count, only present..

And confuz, the onus is on the lifter to be in the correct weight class for his height. If your 70kg and 6', thats your issue, not the charts, it cant cater for laziness or stupidity.

The one thing I noticed at the Worlds was that most lifters were the right weight for their height.