• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
lol, that would make you a twig.

Max is 173cm, at 73kg he disappears, he is WAY too skinny at 80kg at that height, he needs to weigh 100kg at that height.

Steve Pritchard on here was the tallest guy in his weight class at the worlds. He is 178cm in the 110kg class. He has since moved up to the 125kg class

Are you guys starting to get the picture?

BW: 72
Press: 60kg Inetermediate
Squat: 70kg Untrained (call this an excuse no racks, so its what i can, clean, push press over head)
Bench Press: 0kg Untrained (no bench)
Deadlift: 130kg Untrained
Power Clean: 70kg Novice

lol, that would make you a twig.

Max is 173cm, at 73kg he disappears, he is WAY too skinny at 80kg at that height, he needs to weigh 100kg at that height.

Steve Pritchard on here was the tallest guy in his weight class at the worlds. He is 178cm in the 110kg class. He has since moved up to the 125kg class

Looks like flawless logic to me mate!

Interesting point.

Is there a chart somewhere that shows ideal weight for each height?

Well in terms of a good weight for someone who lifts and not the average BMI stuff, i've heard the 3lbs/inch of height (american much). So for me being 173cm (about 68.1 inches) that would set me at 204.3lbs (about 92-93kg).

And that's sort of like a minimum. If we're talking about powerlifting here 3lbs/inch is like a minimum to get to a point where you can more effectively use your levers so what PTC said seems to be quite spot on. I picked up the 3lbs/inch from here if you guys are interested in watching an excerpt from a rountable discussion between Tommy Suggs, Jim Wendler, Mark Rippetoe, and John Sheaffer.
[ame]http://vimeo.com/14624444[/ame]

Last edited:
thanks for sharing the video, Wendler and Rippetoe at the same table. what more could you want!

Yes I'm getting the picture, however, what if our goals aren't to be a 125kg monster dominating the powerlifting meets?

What if our goals are to be strong at our bodyweight and still be athletic, fit, dominate the basketball court in the forward/guard position, fly like MJ etc?

Do you expect a 125kg man at 6'foot to dunk/be agile and quick/dominate the court when he's a competitive powerlifter?

I'm definitely not having a go at anyone, i'm just confused :confused: So Markos and everyone else, what do you think? What weight would be ideal for the goals state above?

cheers and sorry in advance for my stupidity.

This section is called strength and powerlifting, I'm sure there is a fitness and a sports section.

But,for the record, Paul Anderson used to finish his seminars by dunking at 150kg and around 6'

Paul Anderson was only 5'9", Markos.

The other big guy is Shane Hamman, in case you want to look him up, Alvin.

Olympic Lifting

At 5'9" and over 300lb (I think he was closer to 350lbs) he had a 36" vertical and could dunk a basketball with two hands. After his Olympic lifting career, he became a very successful powerlifter for the IPF.

Both of them are less than 1" taller than you.

thanks for sharing the video, Wendler and Rippetoe at the same table. what more could you want!

Yes I'm getting the picture, however, what if our goals aren't to be a 125kg monster dominating the powerlifting meets?

What if our goals are to be strong at our bodyweight and still be athletic, fit, dominate the basketball court in the forward/guard position, fly like MJ etc?

Do you expect a 125kg man at 6'foot to dunk/be agile and quick/dominate the court when he's a competitive powerlifter?

I'm definitely not having a go at anyone, i'm just confused :confused: So Markos and everyone else, what do you think? What weight would be ideal for the goals state above?

cheers and sorry in advance for my stupidity.

If thats your goal, then I doubt you should be too concerned about an absolute weight? You would be more concerned with low bf, actual skills etc

Sports can be broken up into three categories: strength, power &.endurance. Some sports require alot of power and endurance with a good base of strength. Others require a lot of power and strength.
Posted via Mobile Device

*** The Strength Calculator iPhone Application ***

The Basic Strength Standards is currently being developed into an iPhone application.

ETA 6 weeks.

We are currently looking at a price point for this application.

Please suggest a price point.

(A) Free.
(B) Free with annoying ads.
(C) 99c with no ads.

Don't say (A) just because your cheap, nothing is for free, please provide an explanation.

Personally, I think free with ads.

If its a 1rm "calculator" there are already free ones.

If not what does it do and why would someone pay for it?

nah not a 1rm calc, it will provide you with the calculation for the Starting Strength tables in this thread, like my spreadsheet.

u know, novice, intermediate, advanced, elite for each lift.

Free with annoying ads. If the product takes off then create a new and improved one that has an option of free but with annoying adds or if a 99c fee is paid no annoying adds.

my 2cents :p