• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Seems like your doing well there mate, good to hear.
Post about the hot chicks at the pool is worthless without pics.

Seems like your doing well there mate, good to hear.
Post about the hot chicks at the pool is worthless without pics.

Ha! If only I'd taken a waterproof camera into the pool with me!
Rookie error!
Now is the time I have to be extra careful, the back is feeling great, no sciatic pain, wound is petty much healed & mentally I feel like I could go back to my massive sessions today!! Ha!
I have a GPs appointment this week then a surgeons visit next week. Once both of them are out of the way, hopefully I can ditch the theraband and do more stuff in gym/pool/running wise....

So post op are you experiencing any discomfort, reduced range of motion, sciatic pain...?

the week after the op was still a bit of pain.. Sciatic pain came and went, but nothing like before the op.
The wound is in an awkward position, so took a while to heal, but is all good now.
as for reduced ROM, i havent really tried too much. Like havent done a lot of lower body stretching, due to the wound taking ages to heal, everytime i bent forward seemed to irritate it....
But i feel great today and the last few days. Its now that i have to be ultra-careful and not push it in the gym...
Seeing the ropes and tyres this morning made me want to climb them, push them, then run a 400! but i contained myself and did boring theraband work, with my 'core switched on' lol.
i feel good & seeing the GP tomorrow and surgeon next week will hopefully give me the green light to up my training again...

Went to GP first thing this morning & he gave me the go ahead to start swimming!!
I thought that might have been the case, so had my boardies, towel & goggles in the car ready to go!
Went to the ocean pool at maroubra for a few laps, it was cold but great. Have lost a bit of fitness over the last 6 weeks, but felt good. I took it easy on the turns, but the back felt great. The salt water will be good for the wound too, which is still a little scabby! lol

nladkh.jpg

this is where is was the day of the op 4 weeks ago.
Ideally it would be great to get back into this shape. Have kept most of my size, but probably not as dry.
Once i can get back into ab work and some decent cardio, I'll be right.
This pic will serve as a little motivation for me...

It wasn't that long ago taurus. I think you'll find yourself back there pretty quickly!

Yeh. I hadn't trained for two weeks when I took that pic, just eating well.
I was running 4km most days and weights every morning, it's amazing what 6 weeks of no training/cardio and a back operation does to ones physique! Ha!
Had another swim this morning at the ocean pool, felt great.

Seeing surgeon today. Will ask plenty of questions including when I can start running, start yoga etc.
had a good body weight only workout yesterday arvo & feel good today.
4x20 squats s/s 20 calf raises
4x20 parallel dips
4x1min straights on punching bag
4x6-8 chins
5x15 sec planks. Been told not to go past 15 seconds yet, but feels good and could do a heap more.
Will do some rope work tomorrow morning and a good swim this arvo.
Hopefully surgeon can give me the green light for a bit more exercise. I know I have to be smart and if things hurt then stop for now.

5uha9usa.jpg

Legs have held up well, abs flat but not defined, upper body smaller but no disgrace.
Can't wait to train properly again

lol you look fckn awesome Mr. Don't be so critical of yourself, most men would love a body like yours right now.

Ease back in to working out. Congrats on a terrific recovery so far!

lol you look fckn awesome Mr. Don't be so critical of yourself, most men would love a body like yours right now.

Ease back in to working out. Congrats on a terrific recovery so far!

Thanks.
Goes to show how important diet is. So much more than training. I haven't lifted a weight in about 7 weeks now (body weight and theraband only the last two weeks) and physique pulled thru ok.

Diet, is the most important thing. Always has been, always will be ;) Well done on a terrific recovery so far, your physique speaks for itself.

Ok, just left surgeons office.
He said I can start light weights, but nothing above the head for another month or so.
Can also start jogging, yoga & stretching morning and night whole body.
He also recommended I get some gravity boots to hang upside down on for traction. They seem like an 80s fitness relic, but ill try them as he knows his stuff!!
So I'm happy, but obviously going to be very cautious. ?

As the surgeon said to start yoga ASAP, have contacted the local yoga guru. She said she wants to make sure I can do all the moves before joining a class & wants a one on one yoga session! So she asked if I have room at my place for it and she's coming around next week to test out my flexibility. Ha. Sounds dodgy eh. Then if that goes ok I can join a beginners class the week after!

Awesome news! Yoga ftw! lol

A private session :eek: damnit I need to become a yoga instructor! :D

Yoga is brilliant for flexibility & mobility, control, balance & strength. It will be a terrific & necessary addition to your rehab Mr. Take it easy, go slow anddddddd enjoy that private lesson! I hope shes hot! lol

As the surgeon said to start yoga ASAP, have contacted the local yoga guru. She said she wants to make sure I can do all the moves before joining a class & wants a one on one yoga session! So she asked if I have room at my place for it and she's coming around next week to test out my flexibility. Ha. Sounds dodgy eh. Then if that goes ok I can join a beginners class the week after!

Tell her to bring a friend too, your in my friend.
Pics of girl yoga instructor or this thread is useless

Tell her to bring a friend too, your in my friend.
Pics of girl yoga instructor or this thread is useless

Post is useless, not thread! Lol
I'm enjoying posting about the recovery, don't care if anyone even replies. It's good looking back over it.

Ill have to make sure my wife is out when she makes a time! Lol

Good 5am session today. Nothing heavy, but hard.
4x15 ring dips
4x6,7,8&6 rope chin ups
4x20 b/w squats s/s calf raises x20
4x15 BB curls
4 x rope climbs
4x30sec planks
Full body stretch.

at gym for 5am start, felt good, had a great warm up, got into it hard but carefully.
Got thru this circuit 4 times
ring dips x 12
b/w squats s/s calf raises 20/20
rope chin ups x 8 (only got 6 out the last set)
normal dips x 15
normal chins x max
rope climb x 1
plank x 30 seconds
200m run up street and back (jog but it will get longer & faster as back recovers)

4 times thru that, felt good, Had a great stretch afterwards for warm-down then off to work!

This afternoon hit the bag for a while, made up this workout, it was ok....
30 seconds of lefts
30 seconds of rights
1 min of 1-2's
2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2
1 min of 1-2-3's
1 min of 1-2-3-4's
1 min plank

went thru that 5 times, didnt take too long, but my shoulders felt exhausted from holding the guard up the whole time. Good bit of conditioning for the arvo. Back in the ocean pool tomorrow at maroubra for a few laps. So far so good for the recovery....