• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Had a good swim. Took me ages to get in, but once I got my breathing right it was sweet.
Back feels good, heading home for hot shower and stretch once I pick up the little one from pre-school!

Good workout this morning. Feel fresh. Hopefully yoga will help iron out some tightness in my bum and back.

Ring dips x10 super/set
Push-ups x15
Into a 200m run

Rope chins x 6 s/s
BB curls
Into 200m run

Body weight squats x 20 s/s
Calf raises x 20
200m

Tricep dips x 15
Normal chins x 8
200m run

Rope climb
30 sec plank
200m run

Went thru that twice. Can't wait to be doing longer runs, but that will come. Good session. Feel sore but ok

Cool looking place to swim mate.
Good luck with that back, your game getting back into it so quick

Cheers mate. 6 weeks today since the op.
I'm being smart about it. Patience isn't one of my strong points, so I'm finding it hard!
Thanks again mate. ?

Yoga session in half hour! Ha! This will be interesting. Hopefully I can manage all the moves and be allowed to join a real class! Haha sounds like I'm applying for parole or something!

Good stuff! Hope she's a hottie! lol

Yoga is haaard L! The poses are difficult for most beginners & extremely difficult to hold. It gets easier though & definitely helps with flexibility & mobility, very therapeutic!

Look forward to the update lol

It went well.
One of the forward bending moves I had a little issue with, but everything else was fine. She was surprised how flexible I was and that I had a good 'connection to my body'. Playing sport for ever probably has something to do with that!
I enjoyed it.
She met my wife and daughter which was cool too. The session was in our lounge room! Haha!
She had a Ferrari chassis, that's for sure. She's 49 and in amazing shape, yoga pants all that!! Hahah.
Beginners class starts next Wednesday!
Not sure if its bikram mate

Bikram is done in 40 degree heat & you sweat like a mofo. Its a form of Hatha though.

Most yoga instructors have great bodies. Well done L! I'm impressed with your flexibility too if the downward poses are the only ones you found challenging!

Good stuff.
I love yoga :p And I love men who do yoga! Impressive. lol

Last edited:
It is a form of hatha...
Beginners class starts tonight. Should be good.
Top workout this morning.

Olympic ring push-ups x 15 superset w/
Normal push ups x 15 into
200m run

1 min recovery

Rope chin ups x 6-8 s/s
Normal chin ups x 10
200m run

Step-ups x 20 s/s
Calf raises x 20
200m run

1 min plank s/s
Theraband side raises x 10each side
200m run

Rope climb x 2 s/s
200m run

Went through that twice. Feel good. Followed by a thorough stretch, ankles to head!

Yoga was great the other night. Only 6 people in the class. The instructor had the class run sheet and has written down alternative exercises for me when the class were doing the bending ones. I felt great afterwards and learnt a lot too. Like different stretches and not to be too self conscious. Everyone there is a beginner like me!
Had a swim at the ocean pool last night for an hour this time (plenty of stops though) and feel good.

Top workout this morning.
Back feels good. Stretching like never before every night and a very thorough warm-up before training.
Up'd everything this morning a few reps (still doing mostly body weight stuff)

Ring dips 4x18-20
Rope chin ups 4x10-12 (max)
Step-ups 4x20 each leg
Normal chins 4x20-8(max each time went down!)
Rope climbs x 4
Planks x1min superset with normal sit-ups x 30

Heading to beach for long ocean swim. Have my flippers today, looks rough out there. Will swim one lap of beach then run back to car. Close to 1km swim and 1km sand run. Nothing too smashing, had a good session this morning, I just want to see where my body is at

Swim was tough!! Got a bit nervous as I was out a fair way at one point, so swam toward shore then along. Was tin fruited after the swim and had the run back, which was about 1500m. Back pulled up well, had a long stretch asap and then went out for dinner. Tired this morning, but back is ok, which is the main thing!