• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Pics of stitches....

Hahah. Not sure how many I got. Will get a pic in the morning. They are dissolvable stitches, not sure you'll see them, but the wound is looking pretty gross right now. Leaked last night and today

That's no good, I know you're keen to hit the water.

The Doc will probably just whack a couple of steri-strips and an Op-site patch over the top and you'll be good to go. It is strange it's opened up just now. You'd have thought if it would, it would have done it not long after you got home.

For those that don't know, op-sites are a thin, clear patch in a range of sizes that are great for putting over wounds that shouldn't get wet - like those with stitches. When installed properly over smooth skin, they are ultra water tight. Any chemist will have them and they cost bugger all.

That's what he's done. Put steri strips back on & a new dressing.
Have to leave dressing on for another day or so.
Pic will come, but no use taking one of a dressing!!

Wound still weeping a little, new steri strips and stitches haven't totally dissolved yet.
I have a big water proof patch on for some pool work! Pumped.
Also tomorrow having a workout with that proven mass builder, the theraband.
Olympia here I come

Wound still weeping a little, new steri strips and stitches haven't totally dissolved yet.
I have a big water proof patch on for some pool work! Pumped.
Also tomorrow having a workout with that proven mass builder, the theraband.
Olympia here I come

Atta boy!

Leaky incision sites are gnarly... how are you coping with that on your back? just regularly changing dressings?

Leaky incision sites are gnarly... how are you coping with that on your back? just regularly changing dressings?

Yep! My lucky wife gets to check it each morning, change the dressing and steri strips. Waiting now for the stitches to fall out!!
It's a little sore, but it's right on my belt line, so undies and pants are rubbing on it a lot. Ill be right!

You can fix this by not wearing undies and pants. Extreme freeballing.

hahah, i have been!! not a pretty sight, but once wife and kids are around, i have to pants up. they are hanging pretty low now, could be a feral white extra in blood in blood out or something! hahah

hahah, i have been!! not a pretty sight, but once wife and kids are around, i have to pants up. they are hanging pretty low now, could be a feral white extra in blood in blood out or something! hahah

as I get older i have noticed my balls are sagging down lower...

^^ I approve of this. But really, who needs an excuse to not wear pants?

It's good you've got someone checking for infection and things... don't wanna be effing around with that possibility when it's on your spine.

Been a good while now, stitches should be dissolving pretty good... my recent ones took just over 2 weeks. Still a little residual thread, but once the wound has closed fully you can snip them down so they don't keep catching on things, which is inevitable around the waistband area, lol.

All good news.

Thanks guys.
Wound still not 100% but not leaking.
Got a waterproof patch and did a few slow walking laps of the local pool (ocean still too cold). Feel great now.
Spoke to a mate there who my old sprints coach who had two wanna be lingerie football girls cross training in the pool. A lap, then ten burpees, another lap and kettlebell swings. They kept this up for half an hour!! I couldn't take my eye off them, so fit looking! (They probably thought the same of me lol)
Good day all up! Haha

had a mass building theraband session 5am this morning, then back to work. 1st time for both in about 6 weeks...

Feel ok today, wound is pretty much healed up, but still need to wear a waterproof dressing when im swimming/walking in the pool for another week or so..

My mates thought it would be funny to put up signs in the gym saying 'Respect others & please do not drop your therabands' hahaha.
They, like me, hate public gyms on so many levels & those 'dont drop your weights' signs were right up there with our biggest gripes.... hence we built our own gym!

Back felt good all day, theraband for another 2-3 weeks along with building up exercise in the pool, then i can work on core again and hopefully jogging in the next month or so....

Mate I've actually lost a kilo.
All the walking & have been quite particular with my diet since the op have probably contributed to that. Saw a couple of other mates yesterday who said it didn't look like I'd even missed a session! Lol. My stomach is still flat, but the six pack is fading...
Another HUGE theraband session yesterday, half hour walk last night and some pool work this morning.
The only exercises I can do for another couple of weeks are body weight squats (only to 90), body weight calf raises. Theraband side raises, theraband bicep curls and tricep push downs, and use the theraband to do standing flyes across my chest.
Not much, but I can work with that. The first 6 weeks after the op are crucial for recovery! It's hard but I know long term it will be ok

Last edited: