• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Strength Record Board

Back on topic for a sec i think it should be noted that the wilks score is not quite perfect for ranking single lifts. As the first link from kyle explains, the wilks formula was generated using a large number of lifters bodymass and powerlifting totals. This means that the coefficients represent the relation between a lifters bodymass and powerlifting total.

Therefore when it is applied on a single lift, or anything else apart from a 3 lift powerlifting total, there will be some degree of inaccuracy as the bodymass vs weight lifted relation will probably not be identical across all different lifts.

Having said that it i think the margin for error is quite low, and it is still far more accurate than any other simpler methods such as a bodyweight/lift ratio. So really unless someone develops individual lift coefficients it is still easily the best ranking method available.

Yes we digressed a little there,marcos the theatre sounds great, 8 years, hmmm Hi def 1080p is screaming out as an upgrade..but damm lots more cost, receiver, projector and disc spinner...

Anyways, maybe this, and posts 51 - 60 inclusive should be moved to the off topic area, to maintain the integrety of this thread.

Mod please....

Hyjak (David) had a pretty good session tonight. He squatted 120kg, benched 100kg, powercleaned 82.5kg, push pressed 75kg and then deadlifted 180kg, thats 20kg over his previous best.

His total is now 557.5kg. He's fine tuning for the comp in 10 days time. He just missed a 130kg squat.

Nick squatted 200kg today, quite easily in the end.

It will be interesting to see how much he squats next Saturday at the comp.

We captured his 200kg on video, it will be in the next video Max does.

Hyjak (David) had a pretty good session tonight. He squatted 120kg, benched 100kg, powercleaned 82.5kg, push pressed 75kg and then deadlifted 180kg, thats 20kg over his previous best.

His total is now 557.5kg. He's fine tuning for the comp in 10 days time. He just missed a 130kg squat.

Holy **** well done..

Im going to have to start testing out these 1rm's

Markos,

Is CLEAN & PUSH PRESS BODYWEIGHT X 5 clean and push press every rep, or just clean the first rep them push press for 5 reps?

If it's clean & push press every rep then dump the bar for the next rep, there may be different delays between reps while unloaded.

I'm gonna have a go at some of these when over this hamstring injury.

I take it is a Clean & Push Press 5 times. So you would be cleaning 5 times as well as push pressing. I reckon if you take the bar to the ground each time but don't let go that would be sufficient. If you let go of the bar or have extended breaks it might not qualify?

i thought it would be clean once and press 5 times in a row. i think pressing BW 5 times is the more important bit, i know markos likes PB's on the overhead to be to be cleaned first otherwise you have to state it was taken from the rack then pressed.

But there is already an "objective" to Military Press your own bodyweight as well. If that is the case, I would have thought the push press would be more than bodyweight?

EDIT: With some more thought, I think you guys might be right.

Last edited:
ahhhhh so there is, i had to re-read the goals again. your probably right then, clean & press 5 times all in one action i guess

edit: **** im still nowhere near any of these goals yet lol

Last edited:
Bumping this up to remind people about it!!

I've been thinking, it might be slightly more rewarding to have another record board alongside this one. I'm thinking of starting a new thread where we post our current total Wilks total on the following items (comprised of the following lifts)
1. Squat
2. Bench Press
3. Clean
4. Floor to overhead
5. Deadlift

See this thread for an example of Wilks scores at the last PTC BATB comp.
http://ausbb.com/stength-training-power-lifting/9329-batb3-results-pics.html

Personally, I find that logging my current Wilks total is heaps more encouraging than aiming towards the current strength goals on the record board (eg. squatting double BW is incredibly far off for me right now)

What do people think? If I have a few positive responses I will go ahead and start the thread. Looking forward to calculating my Wilks score, and seriously thinking about training for the next BATB (Australia Day 2010)...

Oh well, have to do it again with a better camera. I'll take my motorsport one next time. I wanted to get on the board!

Are you on the board yet?? Post when you are, because I (or Markos) can edit the record board, Nick is looking a bit lonely there right now!!

BTW, I noted from the last BATB3 results that Nick is very close to the squatting double BW goal!

And if people want this thread a sticky, just say the word. Hint: it's "please". :)

I think that is a great idea Katie, however, will we still need proof to enter our Wilkes score?

Personally (for the Wilkes record board), I would say no. It would be based on trust, obviously, but I can't see any of the regulars "cheating" by reporting a higher PB than what they actually obtained... especially when those regulars keep training logs etc.

But if anyone would like to submit proof, they're more than welcome to. But for most people (like me), I'm guessing finding a video camera, filming, putting the footage up on the net is going to be way too much trouble...