• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Strength Record Board

Would that be divided by bodyweight NPR? Say if I was to squat 155kg and you are squatting 155kg, for me that is 2x bodyweight and for you that is not even 1.5 Bodyweight.

Or just an all out best lift?

Well I would say simply the biggest lifts. Dividing it into bodyweight would just be a pain. Yes it would favour the heavy guys and Yes I'm bias because I'm a heavy f cuk, but hey you guys get it easier on the bodyweight referenced lifts.

Im any event its is easier for a 72.5kg guy to squat double bodyweight than a 110kg guy to do the same. The wilkes score for the lifts are 113.15 and 129.47 respectively. The wilkes score is a formula used to determine thge best lifter at a powerlifting comp, this is because simply working the score out using multiplication of bodyweight is favourable to the lighter guys.

Now dont get me wrong, I'm not rubbishing your lifts. Anyone who can squat 2xBW should be very happy. But when there is 30kg difference between lifters you are not comparing apples with apples.

To keep the lighter guys in the loop, we could rate lifts on Wilks score. Example.

Bench press
Nick 145kg @ 108kg = 85.82 Wilks
Trofius 110kg @ 68kg = 84.35 Wilks
UPG 120kg @ 82kg = 80.68 Wilks
Josh GTIR 110kg @ 77kg = 76.98 Wilks
Joshcore 100kg @ 72kg = 73.37 Wilks
Hyjak 100kg @ 84kg = 66.28 Wilks

To find your Wilks score, there is a calculator on my website

PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE in Frankston, VIC - PH: 0404 453 542 - HOME OF THE 200KG DEADLIFT

I think this may be the fairer way. Its how I decide winners at my comps.

Last edited:
To keep the lighter guys in the loop, we could rate lifts on Wilks score.

And to keep us women in the loop too! :) That's a nice calculator, Markos, and it's good that it makes allowances for gender, being the weaker sex and all!

With Wilks, there is no advantage or disadvantage due to bodyweight.

Stronger guy comes out on top. It can be used to rate individual lifts or totals.

Absolutely Katie, it allows the womens lifts to be competitive with the guys.

As an example, Ninas bench press of 77.5kg @ 60kg scores a Wilks of 86.40.

Yeah the Wilkes score sounds good.

I'll bloody do some more recording tonight with my other camera. Until they can be verified, no score or place on the board.

Here is an updated list with figures I have found on the forum, it gives you some idea of how Wilks works

Bench press
Nick 145kg @ 108kg = 85.82 Wilks
Trofius 110kg @ 68kg = 84.35 Wilks
UPG 120kg @ 82kg = 80.68 Wilks
Mikasadan 127kg @ 95kg = 78.99 Wilks
Josh GTIR 110kg @ 77kg = 76.98 Wilks
Joshcore 100kg @ 72kg = 73.37 Wilks
Hyjak 100kg @ 84kg = 66.28 Wilks
Kyle 80kg @ 78kg = 55.51 Wilks

Nice that does seem heaps better, fairer than the bw: lift ratio.
Marcos what is the actual calculation?

Now to work out how I can record what I am doing...

Robert Wilks is an Australian based in Sydney. Far too difficult to explain his formula, though it is used all over the world.

It makes rating lifts from different sized lifters extremely easy and fair.

Thats a nice Wilks score on your bench Mick.

Ok thanks Marcos,

Re bench, Thanks, it would have been better if the 115 went all the way up on Monday..
I also read that the wilks is ment to be used on the total of all your lifts, usually deads, squat, and bench, This would make it heaps fairer again. I guess that pulls mine down somewhat. But it can only get better as the weights go up.

Update tonight, I need to record me doing 115kg bench at 69.4kg... wilks = 86.756,
cant wait till I shed some fat...I need to get to 73kg first...

You really need to video that.

Then you need to put your bench training on hold and fix that fact that you bench more than you deadlift and squat. That is EXTREMELY unbalanced.

Definitely. That's what I'm doing - that's why my bench has not increased since June. It probably couldn't have anyway, if your back is too weak then you can't bench a heap, and if your legs are weak your back can't be strong... but I've not even tried. Got to get that squat up, as for deadlift, well... hmmm. Have to see how we go.

the wilks score doesn't look accurate at all.

Nick 145kg @ 108kg = 85.82 Wilks .'. 37kg difference
Trofius 110kg @ 68kg = 84.35 Wilks .'. 42kg difference
UPG 120kg @ 82kg = 80.68 Wilks .'. 38kg difference
Mikasadan 127kg @ 95kg = 78.99 Wilks .'. 32kg difference
Josh GTIR 110kg @ 77kg = 76.98 Wilks .'. 33kg difference
Joshcore 100kg @ 72kg = 73.37 Wilks .'. 28kg difference

seems the heavier people are rewarded more..... technically trof should be #1