• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Strength Record Board

What Wilks does is to look at your lift total, and multiply it by a number generated from a formula based on your bodyweight. The formula is given here. This formula then gives a score. It's based on actual performances out there.

The Wilks score is not based on the difference between your lift and your weight; is proportional to it, but not linearly proportional. The guy 50% heavier can't necessarily lift 50% more. That is, it is actually more impressive that a 100kg person lifted 200kg, than a 50kg person lifted 100kg.

For example, if you look at world bench press records, you see that men have managed to lift up to 3.51 times their bodyweight when under 114lbs, but only 2.28 times bodyweight when over 308lbs. Similar results are found for other lifts.

Big guys lift big, but...

Oh, and trofius will not be #1... The full Wilks score is based on more than just bench press. Once you factor in squats and deadlifts and so on, a large number of lifters will outscore him.

Last edited:
Joshcore, do some reading on the Wilks score. Your bodyweight definitely does come into it, but it is also harder for a 110kg bloke to lift his bodyweight than it is for a 65kg bloke. EDIT: Kyle said it way better.

I set a new PB of 135kg on squat tonight, I feel like I actually have another 5 or so kg in me as well. 17kg to go until double bodyweight, still got a heap ahead of me....

If you read the whole thread you will see that Wilks is used because comparing differences in bodyweight IS NOT ACCURATE OR FAIR.

Wilks is the score used in powerlifting to work out who is the strongest. It is a globally accepted system for that purpose.

I agree with the wilks score to me it makes sence and reflects true events.

My bench wilks is good yes but if i had proportional legs, and back i would weigh a lot more maybe 5-10kh more, which would effect the score.

The wilks is also based on doing bench, deads, and squats, so it is taking a score based on your entire body, so it evens out.

ie my total for the three lifts is 315kg at 69kg wilks would be a pissy 238.7
Nicks for three lifts is 565kg at 108kg bw gives a massive wilks of 334.4

The laws of diminishing returns applies to lifts I believe, eventually no matter how big a guy is he wont be able to appreciably lift more than someone a bit smaller. obviously there would have to be a weighted variable in there. I beleive the wilks variables are all based on recorded lifts.

Last edited:
Engage brain, activate mouth.

I'm glad most of you understand Wilks.

Trofius and Josh, I'm very impressed with your progress and goals towards strength.

Get some vids, even if theyre not PB's

As soon as my new phone comes I will be using that to film. I am almost ready to jump on the bloody camera I have been using (cheap old digital camera) as it doesn't record what I am doing.

My intentions are to get filiming as soon as my phone arrives as I want that board covered in my name, and I want it badly!!!

Your total is 515kg, with reps. I can see 600kg in there, that is a VERY good total for a 76kg lifter.

One of these days I'll come down to PTC for a comp and attempt to blow all of my PB's away. I really have to psyche myself up before them though, I guess that is common down there too? It is exactly the same to me as throwing myself down stairs or a handrail when I was skateboarding. I am serious, there is absolutely no difference. That is why I love this shit!!!!

I think that just knowing you were at PTC would add to your lifts, somehow I would feel obliged to lift heavier than ever...And with all those stong lads around you it make it so much easier to push yourself.

Marcos thanks for the comments, out of interest how far from Melbourne airport is your place, ie what would a cab cost me to get there. I wonder if i could convince the wife I need to spend a few hundred bucks to go to gym for the day..I think its a 3-4 hour flight.. possibly longer with transfers.

You love cars, I love cars, you lift weights, I lift weights, you rode skateboards, I still have my Bones Peralta snub nose with tracker trucks and Bones Cubes.

I have been offered mega bucks for it, not for sale. I imported it in from the States in the late 70's.

Tony Alva and the DogTown boys were my idols. I still have Skateboarder magazine from the 70's.

My kids never got into it though, I still found an excuse to get them a Tony Hawk
board lol

Amazing

HAHA, you make me laugh Mick.

"Don't worry Honey, I just need to sort out my Power Clean."

Far out, that is crazy Markos. You sure are into some cool shit man. Kind of reminds me of someone else around here.... hehe

I am sure there has been a hefty amount of money offered for that setup!!

I think that just knowing you were at PTC would add to your lifts, somehow I would feel obliged to lift heavier than ever...And with all those stong lads around you it make it so much easier to push yourself.

Marcos thanks for the comments, out of interest how far from Melbourne airport is your place, ie what would a cab cost me to get there. I wonder if i could convince the wife I need to spend a few hundred bucks to go to gym for the day..I think its a 3-4 hour flight.. possibly longer with transfers.

I get an interstate client at least once a month. What they do is wait for those cheap flights, Eddie got $10 return from Adelaide. You catch a shuttle into Melbourne from the Airport, train to Frankston Station, I pick you up from there, drop you back when youre done.

It takes me exactly one hour on the speed limit from Frankston to Tullamarine.

I'm in Melbourne every Friday at the market until 11.00am, can take anyone in from there. It makes it a bit easier at least.

Nothing funny about staying on the right side of the wife mate..

Skateboards, I still have my old hawk deck, and the newer Mark Lake deck
As for cars I sold my old Supra before I poured too much money into it, had visions of a TT 4.OL V8 in that engine bay....sigh... the lad that bought it cut out the rust (reason i couldnt be stuffed with it, I owned it for 16 years) and has a 2JZGTE in it.
just a tad faster now...

Marcos Why dont you have more posts on DTV forums? 2 I think...

Last edited:
AWESOME!!

It is funny how I always tend to run into guys like yourselves no matter what it is I do. We are all out there and we all somehow cross paths OFTEN. I don't know why, but I have mad respect for stuff like that. Maybe it is because it was something we were passionate about and still love to talk about to this day? I know people were passionate when they talk about old setups they had and even have photos of them!

Top stuff guys!

Last edited:
made a wrong assumption, you have stated you have a nice theatre, and saw PTC in the member list...soon to finally build mine when i get into the new house, cant wait.

But hell we are really digressing here..

Huge passion, my cinema.

I built it 8 years ago.

Sony CRT projector - $25,000
Vidikron line doubler - $16,000
Sunfire amp - $8,000
Sunfire pre amp - $8,000
Screen Technics 3m screen $1500
Klipsch front speakers - $5,000
Klipsch centre speaker (upright) -$2500
Klipsch rear speakers - $2,500
Pioneer DVD player - $1200
Velodyne sub woofer - $2500
Hidden cabling (in roof, through walls, under floor) - $$$$$$$

3000 DVD's, not copies, original, mainly American region 1 @ $30 average, too scared to total lol

Seating for 12

Axeminster carpet - $5000
Drapes - $2000

I think I went overboard lol I had some clients stay after a session to watch Super Speedway a few weeks ago. Breathtaking.