• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
make an account on imgur and upload it there then link it if bigger files
for future reference
the ausbb server has a shitload of space now has we have been on dedicated for a few years , the size restriction comes from the days when we were on shared hosting , i just never got arond to increasing the sizes

This was me pressing 60 for sets of 5 at 88kg at the end of May, I was born 1971. I pressed 62.5 for 3x3 the following week, definitely didn't have more in me; I spent most of June sick so am now building back up. I hope to do 70-75 by the end of the year.

I didn't know this was a thing, or I would have recorded more of my workouts. There was ac/dc in the background, apparently they have an aggressive copy protection bot, the thing was muted before even one view...

I need to get some video of my pending double attempt in two weeks time... Latest achievement was 67.5 for 4 reps.

That said, does anyone else suffer from imbalances when pressing? I often get caught short during maximal attempts, with my right arm slower to extend when approaching lockout. Leaves me with some ugly grinds to hit reps. For the record, when buying a suit my left arm measures longer than my right. Not only costing me in tailors fees it would seem...

This was me pressing 60 for sets of 5 at 88kg at the end of May, I was born 1971. I pressed 62.5 for 3x3 the following week, definitely didn't have more in me; I spent most of June sick so am now building back up. I hope to do 70-75 by the end of the year.

I didn't know this was a thing, or I would have recorded more of my workouts. There was ac/dc in the background, apparently they have an aggressive copy protection bot, the thing was muted before even one view...

Thanks Kyle, I will update.

excellent, we are starting to get a good list.

I might have to wait a few weeks; have bad spams in middle of back so will rest and stretch for a few days while working around injury.

excellent, we are starting to get a good list.

I might have to wait a few weeks; have bad spams in middle of back so will rest and stretch for a few days while working around injury.

This is breaking us frail old kunce, maybe we should leave this to the youngsters. :D

no, just think of tom hafey. I saw him in the flesh when he was 60, very powerful.

also, there is vim van weenan, benching 100kg at over 80 years, and deadlift near 200kg.

Got 70kg x 1. Bw 101kg.
Video follow.
Failed 75 half way.
Last week was the first pressing session I've done in months...so to get within 2.5kg of my all time is great. Ill try again another time in the next month or so i reckon. Its not taxing for me at all but give me time to collect some specific volume.
Pressed 60x7 for a pb about 3 minuted later.

Got 70kg x 1. Bw 101kg.
Video follow.
Failed 75 half way.
Last week was the first pressing session I've done in months...so to get within 2.5kg of my all time is great. Ill try again another time in the next month or so i reckon. Its not taxing for me at all but give me time to collect some specific volume.
Pressed 60x7 for a pb about 3 minuted later.

good work tim, I am sure you will get up to 80kg soon. For me to get 80kg, I need to be doing 4x72 (90%), 7x67-68kg (85%).

Will add once clip is posted.

grunta, any chance you could get Frank to lift and post press?

He can't do anything that compresses his spine, he has to tread very carefully.
Asked him when he filmed me, not at this point in time, too risky.

Last edited: