• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Im in. No maxxing at present. But give me time. [emoji14]

68.5x3@9 the other day. E1RM of 77 odd. But means nothing until i actually hoist the ****.

Last edited:
I'm in on this too. I would like to hit an all time PB by the end of the year. My best ever 1rm press is 87.5kg weighing about 86kg. I've also pressed 80kg x 4 weighing a fat 92kg but never got a chance to test 1rm before a injured myself.

Has anyone ever used PPP for Military press and got good results with it?

I'm in on this too. I would like to hit an all time PB by the end of the year. My best ever 1rm press is 87.5kg weighing about 86kg. I've also pressed 80kg x 4 weighing a fat 92kg but never got a chance to test 1rm before a injured myself.

Has anyone ever used PPP for Military press and got good results with it?
I have heard of guys doing this yes.

Just run 5x5 mate.

I have heard of guys doing this yes.

Just run 5x5 mate.

Yeh 5 x 5 is always good. I made great progress for a while there working up to a heavy 3-5rm and then three back off sets of 8-12 reps. I'm going to give PPP a go first anyway, with a heap of assistance exercises.

I like hearing strategies, let's hear more of it! For me working up to sets of 5, is great for building strength. Then back off with volume in plenty of drop down sets 8-10 reps range just like [MENTION=3990]MickiD84[/MENTION]; said. Assistance exercises that work well for me are Dips (weighted if poss), KB presses.

I like doing sets of three for overhead strength.

Also behind the neck press works great.

I also have a set of dumbbells in my lounge room and just randomly do sets of 3 or 5 throughout the day and then chuck a bit more weight on when it is easy.

I found behind the neck fucks with my shoulders baz, do yours go ok?

It's did make them slightly sore initially. Had to start really light at first then felt great with a gradual build up. Found them great at strengthening the normal oh press.

Maintaining a neutral neck position is extra important for either a painful or painless BTN press, I've found. I go a bit wider when I do them as well.

80kg Overhead press, cleaned

I think I'm in the lead now @Jungnaut; [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; ?? :) :)

94kg bw

Close-ish grip.. much more powerful, groovy, and allows the tris to join the partay

Good chit!
Much prefer a closer grip. Don't know how kunce OHP with a wide grip, wreaks havoc on my shoulders

Man. I need to test my press!! Well over 70 now i reckon. 72.5 was last test i beleive.

But this is all talk. I reckon ill be able to test it soon. :)