• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Nice attempt Stralian! :D

Trying to muster up the willpower to have another crack at the 100 burpees...

It's such a daunting task it's hard to get motivated to do it!
It's a GREAT feeling once you've done them though! Well...maybe 5min after you've done then when you've had a chance to recover :p

Bit sad to see no one else posting their attempts!
So allow me to bump this thread and say my latest time is 14:20 :)

When I manage 100 before collapsing in a heaving heap I will post my time! So far I'm, up to 70 until I have nothing left in the tank. I'm slowly improving though.

When I manage 100 before collapsing in a heaving heap I will post my time! So far I'm, up to 70 until I have nothing left in the tank. I'm slowly improving though.

I hope you're not doing them all in one go JaseFit. Do do them but in lots of whatever will get you to finish the 100. Some people do them in lots of 10. That's 10x10 with a certain amount of time to rest in between. All the best.

PS: After you get the 100, I will change your name to FitJase!

Fadi.

If anyone can do 100 in a row I would be blown away!
I can't even do 10x10. I end up doing sets of 5 to stop my heart jumping through my chest!

If anyone can do 100 in a row I would be blown away!
I can't even do 10x10. I end up doing sets of 5 to stop my heart jumping through my chest!

Funny you mention your heart jumping through your chest Stralian. I actually heard my heart beat very clearly when I did my 100. It was like a beating drum!

Fadi.

Grrrrr Curse you Fadi. Lol. I cant get the idea of doing 1000 buprees out of my head.
Mike.

P.S I started your muscle motion 12 week progarm last Mon, its good.
Mike.

Grrrrr Curse you Fadi. Lol. I cant get the idea of doing 1000 buprees out of my head.
Mike.

P.S I started your muscle motion 12 week progarm last Mon, its good.
Mike.

Mmmm, sorry Mike. I was just curious that's all; promise :D!

Fadi.

I hope you're not doing them all in one go JaseFit. Do do them but in lots of whatever will get you to finish the 100. Some people do them in lots of 10. That's 10x10 with a certain amount of time to rest in between. All the best.

PS: After you get the 100, I will change your name to FitJase!

Fadi.

LOL no I have been doing sets of 10.

I managed 100 on Tuesday - took me 26min! Now to start improving on that.

LOL no I have been doing sets of 10.

I managed 100 on Tuesday - took me 26min! Now to start improving on that.

Well done JaseFit. I've included your time in the OP. Now I'll have to work on getting my crown back off Stralian the Man.:)

Fadi.

Well done JaseFit. I've included your time in the OP. Now I'll have to work on getting my crown back off Stralian the Man.:)

Fadi.

I think I will regret saying this but...I accept your burpee duel!
I tried to beat your 60 second record yesterday and only got 16! I think you will have that crown for a long time to come :p

Do the burpees fit into your weightlifting training?

Not really aiming for any specific time - just aiming to improve.

I manage to get 10 in a row each time with no probs - its just takes a bit to get my breath back in between sets! Off to do some now ;)

I think I will regret saying this but...I accept your burpee duel!

You're on; (I'm off the computer to have a go right now)!

I tried to beat your 60 second record yesterday and only got 16! I think you will have that crown for a long time to come
I must've been built for explosive power (speed). keep at it and knock me off please, (can't beleive I said that) :D!

Do the burpees fit into your weightlifting training?
Another great question from the great man himself. Others (coaches) may disagree but I say yes; a cardiovascular type exercise would be most beneficial to keep one's fitness level high and to help the lifter recover better after some gruelling weightlifting sessions.

When at the AIS back in the early 80s, we only did fitness work for about 4-6 weeks and only after the Christmass break. Having said that, I'd modify the burpees and would do it for only 50 reps twice a week so as to maintain the level of fitness one has aquired earlier on.

Fadi.