• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Pretty damn intense hey!!

I have never seen that style of Burpee before.

Is that Katie there deadlifting?!:)

[youtube]lbbKVJmld94[/youtube]

And check this at the 1 minute mark Josh!

[youtube]21dvQyNiTjM[/youtube]

Impressive!

Fadi.

Far out, imagine doing Burpee Muscle Ups!

Meg and I have been watching a heap of crossfit vids today, those guys sure get creative with the excersizes.

Thanks for sharing, everyone!

The burpee pullups were crazy but the burpee muscleups were even more so.

Then the deadlifts-burpees... eek!!

It's super inspiring though. :)

I had a go at this this afternoon, pretty tough stuff!
I'd never done a burpee before so I don't trust my time (I think it was a bit low, was probably some 'cheat' burpees in there).
I'll do it again on the weekend and see how I go now that I have got half an idea of how to do them.
I'll get my wife to watch me to make sure all 100 are proper form as well...didn't want her to see me flailing around trying to learn to how to do a burpee this time though!

Thanks for the challenge too Fadi!
In a nutshell, can you explain why 100 burpees is all you recommend for the 'off day' in your lose fat/maintain muscles thread? I guess it would depend how long it takes each person, but most people are around 15min on here...is 15min of HIIT (high intensity interval training) enough?
HIIT is not something I've done before so I don't know a great deal about it.
If it's not a nutshell-able answer let me know and I'll ask again in the other thread where this question probably belongs!

Thanks for the challenge too Fadi!
In a nutshell, can you explain why 100 burpees is all you recommend for the 'off day' in your lose fat/maintain muscles thread? I guess it would depend how long it takes each person, but most people are around 15min on here...is 15min of HIIT (high intensity interval training) enough?
HIIT is not something I've done before so I don't know a great deal about it.

Stralian, it's not that most people are around 15 minutes; it's rather the beginners who are doing 100 burpees are at these times. I did my first in 15:58 I believe. But if you take a look at my 1 minute burpees’ challenge, you'll find a different story there. I'm much more of an explosive type of an athlete (being a former weightlifter), than I am an endurance. I think I managed 21 or 22 in 60 seconds. The fit masters can do that and nearly maintain it all the way through.

But to answer your question re why only 100 and not 500 say? It's because I'm not interested to what is happening during the 100 burpees but I'm rather interested in the effects they have on you after they are done. Now for these, I offer you this little gem of info to read.

Thank you for your time Stralian and I'm sorry I've missed your post Sir.

Forget the Fat-Burn Zone

PS: I could have very easily said do the following instead, (alternatively):

Warm up by walking for 5 minutes or so then let the fun begin...

1. Sprint for 10 seconds. Have you seen the interviews made with an Olympian sprinter after 10 seconds flat out sprint?! They have trouble speaking, (but it was only 10 seconds for God's sake)!

2. Walk for 1 minute (it's called active recovery).

3. Sprint x10 sec

4. Walk x1 min

5. Sprint x10 sec

6. Walk x1 min

7. Sprint x10 sec

8. Walk x1 min

9. Sprint x10 sec

10. Walk x1 min.

11. Sprint x10 sec

12. Walk x1 min

13. Sprint x10 sec

14. Walk x 1 min

15. Sprint x10 sec then walk back home from that park (if done in a park).

That's it for the first week. We'll up the intensity a bit in week #2 (if you're ready and willing to challenge yourself to a better physique all around).

It's only about 70 seconds total sprinting; but will save your muscles instead of eat them as a long jog would. Train smart and save time!

Fadi.

Warm up by walking for 5 minutes or so then let the fun begin...

1. Sprint for 10 seconds. Have you seen the interviews made with an Olympian sprinter after 10 seconds flat out sprint?! They have trouble speaking, (but it was only 10 seconds for God's sake)!

2. Walk for 1 minute (it's called active recovery).

3. Sprint x10 sec

4. Walk x1 min

5. Sprint x10 sec

6. Walk x1 min

7. Sprint x10 sec

8. Walk x1 min

9. Sprint x10 sec

10. Walk x1 min.

11. Sprint x10 sec

12. Walk x1 min

13. Sprint x10 sec

14. Walk x 1 min

15. Sprint x10 sec then walk back home from that park (if done in a park).

That's it for the first week. We'll up the intensity a bit in week #2 (if you're ready and willing to challenge yourself to a better physique all around).

It's only about 70 seconds total sprinting; but will save your muscles instead of eat them as a long jog would. Train smart and save time!

Fadi.

Is this done WITH the 100 burpees fadi?

I'm going to give this a go.

Looking forward to week two.

Well, finally had another go at the burpees.
Did them in 15:20.
Not too thrilled about the time, but at least it should be easy to improve on!

Bit sad to see no one else posting their attempts!
So allow me to bump this thread and say my latest time is 14:20 :)

Bit sad to see no one else posting their attempts!
So allow me to bump this thread and say my latest time is 14:20 :)

Thank you Stralian, I've added your time to the OP. I'm going to have a crack at it myself now. You've encouraged me to do so Champion...

Fadi.

Nice attempt Stralian! :D

Trying to muster up the willpower to have another crack at the 100 burpees...