• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Bump to this thread, only because I did some burpees today...

Got 50 out in 4 mins 35 sec, which included 5 sets x 5 reps of 125kg deadlifts.
So I'm guessing I could knock out 100 in under 7 mins.

Bump to this thread, only because I did some burpees today...

Got 50 out in 4 mins 35 sec, which included 5 sets x 5 reps of 125kg deadlifts.
So I'm guessing I could knock out 100 in under 7 mins.

You'll be the MAN if you could knock 100 in under 7!

Fadi

I got to 65 in about 5 minutes and I was completely gassed, i literally couldnt walk home. I reckon the following 35 would have taken atleast 10 minutes.

I got to 65 in about 5 minutes and I was completely gassed, i literally couldnt walk home. I reckon the following 35 would have taken atleast 10 minutes.

That means you're quite normal (like me) Beertank. The initial stage looks very rosy and really raises one's hopes. Then when the fatigue sets in; the breaks take longer and the reps become less! No wonder the last 50 take a lot longer to do than the initial ones.

Fadi.

Ok fellas,

5:35am .. Pumped the music..
5:43am .. 80 BPees .. water and towel girl .. (mental note: Hire towel girl)
5:44:38 .. 100!

New PB for me 9:38, and thats in the "hot room".

next stop is 9 mins..

I went all out today, will have to find something special to crack nine minutes, once I hit 60-70, the everything changes.. breathing heavy, beginning to sweat, legs twitching.. Fadi... are you trying to get me in shape or something??

MD

Hi everyone, in the "you tube clip" in the first post, the guy doing the burpees would be considered to be cheating.

I learnt burpees in the army, each movement is a distinct movement. (By army standards they don't count as proper burpees).
So, with the push up, you must lock your arms before moving the legs.
The man in the clip was bringing his legs up before the push up was complete, momentum.

And you really must jump as high as you can ever single time.

I'm not being picky I just mentioned it "FYI".

No matter how you do them there are some really good times there.
Well done to you, I've some catching up to do:)

Mike.

Ok fellas,

next stop is 9 mins..

I went all out today, will have to find something special to crack nine minutes, once I hit 60-70, the everything changes.. breathing heavy, beginning to sweat, legs twitching.. Fadi... are you trying to get me in shape or something??

MD

Daniel,

I don't know about fit; I think you're turning into a Superman!

PS: I've updated the first page with your new time. My time looks sick compered to yours.:D

Fadi.

Hi everyone, in the "you tube clip" in the first post, the guy doing the burpees would be considered to be cheating.

I learnt burpees in the army, each movement is a distinct movement. (By army standards they don't count as proper burpees).
So, with the push up, you must lock your arms before moving the legs.
The man in the clip was bringing his legs up before the push up was complete, momentum.

And you really must jump as high as you can ever single time.

I'm not being picky I just mentioned it "FYI".

No matter how you do them there are some really good times there.
Well done to you, I've some catching up to do:)

Mike.

Mike,

The first time I did the 100; my jump was great in the beginning stages. Then as the reps went on, no matter how hard I tried to jump up high...high became few inches...:D! I felt my bodyweight had just increased by 50kg.

But I do hear you Mike; it would be great if everyone (including myself) could do 100 all the way like the man in that clip. It's not lack of trying; but just dying!!!

Fadi.

Ok fellas,

next stop is 9 mins..

MD

Good job there.
Although I think you would get a better result scheduling your reps, rather than going "all out".

Like do 15 in the first minute, should take about 30 seconds, then take 30 seconds rest and do 15 in the 2nd minute, then about 30 seconds rest again, etc.
So start at every minute for 15 reps, that will get you 60 in about 3 1/2 minutes.
Then just do 10 every minute after that, or whatever you can handle.
This should get your time down to 7 1/2 minutes.

Good job there.
Although I think you would get a better result scheduling your reps, rather than going "all out".

Like do 15 in the first minute, should take about 30 seconds, then take 30 seconds rest and do 15 in the 2nd minute, then about 30 seconds rest again, etc.
So start at every minute for 15 reps, that will get you 60 in about 3 1/2 minutes.

Good Morning Hulk,

Have I missed your time somewhere along the way mate? I haven't got your name on the first page; or are you not doing this? 71/2 minutes is another super time...have you done that? Thank you.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi,

I have not done 100 burpees.
Most I have done is 50, that was last night, supersetted with deadlifts.
I've only ever done them a few times before, so not advanced at it.

Last night I did 5 deadlifts 125kg (hamstring currently injured) then 10 burpees for 5 sets starting every minute.
Finished in 4 mins 35 seconds.

So if I replace the deadlifts (which were hard for me) with burpees, I would have done 75 reps in 4 mins 35 seconds, maybe slightly longer.
So to do 25 more, don't see why I couldn't knock them off in 3 mins or so.

I will get around to doing 100 just to see a real time, not just speculating.

Thanks Katie,

Still not over it, but it's much better now thanks.
Have you been down to SSAS lately?

Sadly have been studying day and night for the past 2 weeks :(

Exams are over soon so I will be there in a flash.

Good job there.

Thanks mate,

I aim for 15 every minute, gives me about 20 seconds recovery, my threashold seems to be around 8 mins, my jumps become loaded, pauses begin at the push ups, although recently I have not been physically fatiguing (prob do to slightly less body weight) as fast, but cardio endurance is my hurdle.. thanks for the tips. Sunday morning ill put it to the board!

Fadi... im working on leaving my current time in the dust!!

MD

how often are you doing burpees MD? the specified 3 times a week on the non training days or more??

how often are you doing burpees MD? the specified 3 times a week on the non training days or more??

3 x times a week, thats heaps for me, otherwise i will loose too much of the wrong thing too fast.

MD

hey guys, i did 100 burpees in under 16 today. It's not for the challenge, but it's for burning fat... damn, it felt good