• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Perth - Whats happening?

Great night tonight. Took in the "good" camera will post up the snaps sometime in the next few days.

The competitors in the novice competition on the weekend were in for some speed work and preparation. Im really looking forward to seeing some good numbers on Saturday evening.

If anyone is interested in competing, it isnt too late to register, just let Dan or myself know. All the information is on fakebook - PTC Novice Powerlifting Competition | Facebook.

Tonight Ando was maxing out on his deadlift, managed a respectable 210kg at around 84kg bodyweight. Ando has his sites set for states.

Dobrilla squatted to 62.5kgx5x5.

Ricky champion was squatting 142.5kg for reps, looked to be more like cardio.

Nathan deadlifted to a comfortable 230kg for reps.

Kosta did a prowl session which took him t0 200m.

Dan did some speed deadlifts and accessory work.

Les delivered a deadlift jack which was very handy, very nice jack to.

Good luck to all competitors on the weekend.

I manned the gym Tuesday night because Friday Im off to see the Wildcats at the new deck of cards in the city, should be interesting.

The oly crew were in doing their usual snatching, C&J and everything in between. A pretty dedicated bunch. There was Amy, Chis, Simon, Nelson and Kosta.

Linus was in after his victory at the novice comp already looking ahead. He benched tonight up to 105 for triples, a little lower than usual.

Darren has been a work horse the last few weeks and tonight him and I trained together. We deadlifted, did 4 rowing variations, benched and chinned - you can never do too much back work! Was an epic session. We deadlifted 170kgx5x3, Darren went up to 110x2 on the 3-board and I benched up to 115kg for a comfortable single.

Dan Helle our "casual member" did some conditioning work and dragged the sled around with about 80kg on it - it looked disgusting and it was disturbing to see a smile on his face.

Baxter came in for a conditioning session and played around with the battling ropes and torsonator. We had fun with the scales and he weighed in at just over 160kg. BOOM?

Ando was in getting busy with his 5x5 routine he will be working with for about 4 weeks. He squatted 100kgx5x5 and deadlifted 150kgx5x5. Ando, like many lifters at PTC, has big ambition and its going to be great to see him this year. He's one of many who work hard and consistent and the results will follow.

Mike took the opportunity to get in some upper back work he's been neglecting. He's aleady got a very developed upper back so has been able to get away with it, but its always good to get that session in.

Thommo looks like his groin injury is better and will now get back on to squatting. He will be squatting a few times a week for 2-3 weeks to get back into it. Then back on to 5/3/1 for him!

To reflect on the effort of some of our members in the novice comp last Sunday.

Linus - 535@81.2
Dan Helle - 600@111.10
Mike - 582.5@109.30
Darren - 557.5@99.40
JOhnny - 410@86.60
Spencer - 375@87.90
Craig - 225@109.20 (bombed)
Dani - 210@52.50

Some awesome improvements across the board, with 4 squatting 200kg+. Big congrats to Linus fo winning the mens and Dani for winning the womens - fantastic effort. I will be doing a write up sometime this week covering the whole event so look out for that soon.

Is that the new stadium near Perth station? That was going up when I was over in Perth working on Bank West Tower.

Last night I took David through his assessment. He is Plumbers mate and wants to get strong and potentially compete in Powerlifting, Strongman or both. He currently lifts at around 125/105/180.23 year old weighing 90kg so James might have some competition really soon.

Dobrilla was squatting 5x5 and misloaded the bar to 72.7kg, 5kg over her intended weight. She almost managed the full set. Misload of the month. It was a great effort.

Baxter brought in his single ply bench shirt and benched up to 300kg for 3 reps to a rack pin height very close to his chest. Very impressive. Very classical when Amy (crossfitter) asked why he bought a shirt too small for him haha.

Ricky squatted to over 140kg for reps. Johnny squatted also.

Rambo started on his new program, hes also a security guard at Burswood and is starting with Johnny in a few weeks time.

Dan continued on his Smolov cycle, his last week I believe which should have him smashing PBs.

I deadlifted for the second time in a few months.

The PTC Perth Powerlifting team is coming together nicely and Dan has taken the reigns on their States lead in work.

Two new people walked in last night, Tahnee wants to start soccer again this year and Quint is sick of being skinny fat, who admittedly is stuck in Denialville, and has been there for too long. He wants to goto to Strongville (Markos, 2010).

Australia Day @ PTC

The morning started off with a class. Drills consisted of upper and lower body power movements then a barage of pulling, pushing and pressing. Finished with some breathing and bracing drills.

Dan finished his smolov intense cycle and will not squat for a few weeks.

Kirsten took me through my rehab program which has me working on thoracic extension and mobility, breathing and activation.

Zoe came in and squatted to 80kg for reps with very nice technique too.

Wingman worked on his deadlift, which is improving every week. Dave was doing sets of 110kg.

A few other boys were in pushimg, pulling and pressing with some GPP worked mixed in too.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Gym Direct, JME and Ironedge for promptly finalising our orders this week.

The Benching with Baxter seminar is coming up --> http://www.facebook.com/events/560773567286003/?fref=ts

If anyone is interested plaease contact Dan.

I'm sure I saw a novice comp on the website, about 17th March iirc. Gone now - what happened?

I'm sure I saw a novice comp on the website, about 17th March iirc. Gone now - what happened?

I dont think that was a novice comp. I think that would have been the qualifier event for States. Since GPC is new to WA, the powers that be decided to scrap that and just have States this year. Presumably in future years, a qualifying event will need to be held.

Ok, thanks Wingman.

Pity though. I was hoping to go in that one to see how I went. Mind you, seeing all the 200kg squats and deadlifts at the novice comp last weekend, I think the standard has moved a bit out of reach for me.

Ok, thanks Wingman.

Pity though. I was hoping to go in that one to see how I went. Mind you, seeing all the 200kg squats and deadlifts at the novice comp last weekend, I think the standard has moved a bit out of reach for me.

I'm going and I dont have a 200kg squat. Compete for yourself. Plus at your age you'll get tons of glossy coefficient help :p

Daves right Zoot. Compete with yourself and take the opportuity to learn more.

Look I'd love to and I will, if there is no qualifying mark. But fronting the states as a first-ever comp seemed a little presumptuous and premature, even taking my advanced years into account (thanks Wingers :) )

The March 17th comp was supposed to be a qualifier for states but we have decided this year we wont be doing it and anyone is open to enter the state titles. Depending on numbers it might be run over 2 days etc...

Zoot there is the bench comp coming up in March you might want to consider entering.

Look I'd love to and I will, if there is no qualifying mark. But fronting the states as a first-ever comp seemed a little presumptuous and premature, even taking my advanced years into account (thanks Wingers :) )

Paul and I entered our first comp at the 2010 State Titles.

Seriously, I actually draw a fair bit of inspiration from your attitude to the whole comp thing.

If you look up my older log you'll see i never intended to compete in PL. I just wanted to get stronger to improve my sports and quality of life. Dan convinced me to go to a novice comp which i loved despite coming last at (except for a couple ppl who bombed) and ive helped out with scoring at a couple of comps too.

The sport is friendly and inspirational. I figure of you're going to test your 1rms every few months, you may as well do it while 50 people are yelling your name. Im sure that adds a couple kilos.

Im hoping to go States this year, Nats next year and who knows after that - maybe ill be able to put up worthwhile figures at Worlds.