• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily -

1.3kg of Meat (600grams Rump Steak Raw Wt, 700grams Chicken Breast Raw Wt)
400grams Potato
400grams Green Beans
200grams Peas, Carrot & Corn
10mls Macadamia/ Coconut Oil
30grams of Full Fat Cheddar Cheese
60grams WPC
10 Fish Oils.

1303d1311555824-post-up-what-you-eating-picture-004.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Lunch number 1 right now. Beautiful black angus steak with bbq mushrooms, tomato and onions. Left overs from dinner last night. The black angus is spectacular. I bought a 5kg rump at the markets for $55 vacuum sealed and went home and carved it into steaks. Prepared it in cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and salt then bbq'd perfectly. Absolutely mouth-wateringly delicious, even microwaved the second time around...

Cheers,
Mike

I would have thought you woul have eaten it in three meals.

What are the specs on your diet (macro/micro)?

I would have thought you woul have eaten it in three meals.

What are the specs on your diet (macro/micro)?

I need something to fill my day during the week at work, so I break it up into 1 more 'meal' hahaha. So 4 during the week and 3 on the weekends.

Macronutrient Breakdown 2472 calories -

Protein - 340grms
Carbs - 98grms
Fats - 80

Surely that must be more than 300g protein?

200g rump steak = 60g protein

Must be a good cow that one! Only 20 odd grams per 100grms in Steak.

*Edit my previous post just in case people got confused, the 1.3kg of Meat is it's RAW WT :)

Last edited:
Hang on, you said daily 1.3kg rump.

60 x 6 = 360g of protein alone from the rump.

Am I missing something ?

Hang on, you said daily 1.3kg rump.

60 x 6 = 360g of protein alone from the rump.

Am I missing something ?

No mate not missing anything, you have just miscalculated that is all :)

Chicken - Breast, meat only, Raw
700 grams
798 * 148 17.5 * 448 812 0 * 210 8.4 35 2.6 2,590
Beef - Steak, Rump, Raw, Lean
600 grams
750 0 132 24 * * * 0 * * * * * *
Potatoes, White, Flesh And Skin - Raw
400 grams
276 63 6.7 0.4 0.1 0 24 9.6 4.6 32 79 36 2.1 1,628
Beans, Snap, Green - Raw
400 grams
124 29 7.3 0.5 0.1 0 24 13.6 5.6 2,760 65 148 4.2 836
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - LIVING FOODS
10 grams
89 * * 10 9.6 * * * * * * * * *
Cheddar Cheese
30 grams
121 0.4 7.5 9.9 6.3 32 186 0 0.2 301 0 216 0.2 29
Fish Oil Softgels - Fish Oil
10 softgels
100 * * 10 2.5 50 * * * 1,000 * * * *
Frozen Peas & Carrots
150 grams
88 15.9 5.3 * * * 79 7.1 7.1 8,824 37 35 3.2 282
Meal Totals
98% 108
36% 307
256% 72
90% 18.6
70% 530
177% 1,126
75% 30
80% 17.5
29% 13,126+
263% 190
211% 471
47% 12.3
154% 5,366
114%

Pleas note the WPC is not include in the log. Add 40grms Protein, 6grms carbs and 4 grms Fats to the above.

Last edited:
Sorry mate, just checked calorie king.

Mixed up 260 with 360.

Though I'm hoping someone can genetically modify a cow so it is 40 grams of Protein per 100 grams LOL.

In all seriousness thought, apparently a scientist has been able to genetically modify a potato to increase the protein content in it. If I can find the report I'll post it.

SuperSpud

A protein-packed 'superspud' has been developed by genetic scientists who believe it could that could help solve hunger in developing countries.
Laboratory tests showed it contained up to 60 per cent more protein than ordinary non-modified potatoes.
Concentrations of several amino acids - protein building blocks - that are essential to health - were also increased significantly.

GM potatoes which are packed with protein could help combat starvation in many countries (file picture)
Researchers in India isolated the gene in the amaranth plant that produces protein - known as AmA1 - and introduced it into ordinary potatoes.
The gene is also responsible for substantial amounts of essential amino acids such as lysine and methionine, a lack of which can harm children. For example, too little lysine can affect brain development.
The research was reported today in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Scientists led by Dr Subhra Chakraborty, from the National Institute of Plant Genome Research in New Delhi, India, wrote: 'Our approach of using AmA1 to increase the nutritional quality in tuber crops, particularly in potato, has been successful.
'To our knowledge, the increase in protein content of genetically modified tubers in this study is one of the highest increases observed in any transgenic crop.'
As well as having extra protein, the GM potatoes also produced greater crop yields.
The potato is the world's leading non-cereal food crop and ranks fourth in global production for all plant foods.
Potatoes are grown in almost 125 countries and are consumed daily by more than a billion people worldwide.
However, nutrition is 'greatly compromised' in normal potatoes because of their lack of protein, said the researchers.
A typical potato has about 2g of usable protein per 100g - and 78g of water. Proteins are essential for developing the body.
They added: 'To guarantee a sufficient supply of quality protein in a diet consisting mainly of staple foods such as potato, specific interventions in genetic engineering are an absolute necessity.'
A key market for the GM potato was expected to be the developing world, where more than a billion people were chronically undernourished.
The 'superspud' also had the potential to increase the nutritional value of potato-based snacks and convenience foods, such as crisps and fries, in richer countries.
'Because potato constitutes and important part of the diet of many people in developed as well as developing countries, it is apparent that this can add value to potato-based products with enhanced benefits for better human health,' the researchers wrote.
Since AmA1 was a natural potato gene, they believed their GM strategy might prove more acceptable to the general public than others that relied on 'foreign' genetic material.
The total value of potatoes is estimated at 40 billion dollars (£25.6 billion) a year for the top 10 producing countries.

Explore more:

Read more: Scientists invent genetically-modified 'superspud' that could help fight hunger in the Third World | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.