• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Dinner last night

American Style baby back ribs slow cooked indirectly using hardwood charcoal before being reverse seared and resting for an hour before serving.

Fall off the bone delicious.

I think it's time others weren't so lazy and made videos of their dinners.....

I think it's time others weren't so lazy and made videos of their dinners.....

Haha, My dinner was a bag of knuckle cut into strips and tossed in an electric pan with a bottle of stroganoff. The beef came out like high density rubber but the mountain of rice was good.

Mick, you would starve on my cooking. [emoji6]

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Empty calories? I skimmed over what was posted a month ago, but sorry, you're not making any sense. Baz was talking about potatoes. Not potatoes baked in fat and oil and covered in butter, not deep fried chips, not mashed potato full of butter and milk. Just regular baked potatoes. Own their own, they are the most filling thing you can eat.
no they're not
Don't believe us, go eat a plate of them, and then see why you have no hunger cravings for 18 hours.
I'd rather die... and I wouldn't be full for 18 hours anyway
Instead of regurgitating what's already been said, this video sums it up well. Skip to 2 minutes to get to the facts.

The vitamins, minerals and proteins available in potatoes can be found from other sources with greater caloric efficiency. Hence potatoes contain "empty calories" because they don't contain any essential nutrients that can't be obtained through less calorie dense sources.

I'm arguing that there's no need to eat potatoes as they contain empty calories.

I personally don't find them as filling as you and baz seem to think they are, which really comes down to a matter of preference.

Last edited:
Sorry, you're just wrong, in many ways. I don't know what universe you live in where you can say that about potatoes, but then add pure fat (butter) to coffee.

Sorry, you're just wrong, in many ways. I don't know what universe you live in where you can say that about potatoes, but then add pure fat (butter) to coffee.
What am I wrong about exactly?

What's my dietary choices got to do with a discussion about potatoes?

It's distorting your view of carbs and their benefits for the general population.
lol ok because the general population is definitely under carbing themselves and certainly wouldn't benefit from substituting potatoes for less calorie dense vegetables

not to mention that potatoes are (almost) never eaten baked on their own and are a conveyance for other calorie dense foodstuffs

Do you work Toni Galati or something?

So why don' we all just get our nutrients from an IV drip for maximum 'caloric efficiency'? Food provides pleasure. Eating tasty food is pleasurable. Calorie dense food is generally tasty. Why would I deny myself? I like potatoes. FWIW potatoes are not a calorie dense food. FFS kunce.

Has some homemade breaded chicken fillets today, first lunch at 10:30 was with some rice, the second at 13:30 was with a large green salad. The misses uses quinoa, parsley and Parmesan cheese in the breadcrumb mix and is makes them very yummy indeed. I must be very boring because I really do enjoy a nice cold fresh iceberg lettuce !!

Superfood.jpg