• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nick's Anabolic Diet Experiment Log.

Cheers mate but I already have them too. If you happen to have the AB for powerlifters though I would be very keen.

And yeah staying below 30g has been tough, but I think I'm on top of it. Very good to know if I go over a touch it won't matter.

I was actually thinking it would be near impossible to get 6000 cals with under 30g if you were a really big unit or bulking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, the diet actually calls for 5% of overall calories to be carbs. For most people that amounts to around 30g. To bigger units, it's obviously more. If you require 4500 calories to live on, 30g is more like 2%. It's not so much about the number, its more the insulin management anyway. Have a look around at differen't PB's, there's some good ones out there. Forget sanitarium. That's yucko

Cheers mate but I already have them too. If you happen to have the AB for powerlifters though I would be very keen.
Posted via Mobile Device

PM me your E-Mail and it's on the way. I completely forgot I had it actually, I don't think I've even read it...

I was actually thinking it would be near impossible to get 6000 cals with under 30g if you were a really big unit or bulking.

I hit 5000cal at one point and managed to take it to 35g of carbs one time I remember. I didn't eat a whole lot of anything unless it had a cute lil face or it came from something that had a cute lil face. The only fun thing about it was having a giant pile of bacon as a meal. Though it did make me appreciate my veg. A bit of broc drowned in EVOO is fine these days.

I'll have a look through the crypt and see if I can dig up anything else for ya.

4 days done no problem. Carbs all good, but I'm not counting carbs from green veggies and metamucil.

Never getting food cravings, always feeling satiated. Energy levels nice and stable, strength is fine, but deadlifts will test it tonight.

Prob lost a bit of water weight, arms looking slightly more vascular, could just be placebo effect. Keen to know my bodyweight first thing Monday morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds good mate, hope you took some before pics so you can compare the difference! Would be interesting to see them after you have been doing this for a while.

Keep it up!

Capsule form or powdered Metamucil? If it's the flavoured powdered stuff, be a bit careful. Though delicious and damn useful for regularity, they use dextrose in 'em. I prefer Benefiber. If capsule or unflavoured stuff ignore this completely!

Cheers mate just picked some benefibre. Bloody girlfriend assured me the metmucil powder had no sugar in it, I had a feeling she was wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah because they use dextrose or malto, I forget which one, they don't specifically need to classify it as "sugar" The same deal as all those commercial "Weight Gainers" that have only 4-5g of sugar, yet somehow 60-80g carbs.

You get my e-mail?

Yeah got your email. Cheers for that.

And yeah it's maltodextrin, pricks! Got some benefibre and am smashing the steamed broc and green beans.

I didn't take any before pics but I will take some now. I weighed in this morning at 107.5 so already down in weight, and looking leaner. Strength is fine, I just got back from doing strict military press on 80kg for 5's so that's all good. Deadlifts were ok last night, 5x5 on 180kg quite easy, taking it easy because of the back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Also I'm taking heaps of fish oil now, min 40 a day, some days up to 60. Most of my little niggles have gone! My wrist is now fine and my shoulder is greatly improved. I put this down to the anti inflam action of the fish oil.

Best supp on the market IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

You should look into iherb.com I got 500mg dha with 250 EPA for a good price. Delivery takes a week from the us but you cut down on the pills
Posted via Mobile Device

Either that or go for Blackmores Omega Brain if you can't be arsed shipping from the US. Has a 5:1 DHA/EPA ratio. Little pricey though at $20-25~ for 60 capsules. Though you should only need 5-6 a day to give you a fair amount of DHA. Up to yourself though. What's the brand you currently take?

I get whatever is on special.

No doubt what you guys have mentioned are better quality products but the cheap stuff gives me an extra 1g of fat per cap which is helpful.
Posted via Mobile Device

So today was hard. Felt sluggish, irritable and craving carbs like hell! Hopefully this will be 'the shift' that is written about where I switch into a bit of ketosis.

Hanging out for my carb load weekend in 5 days!
Posted via Mobile Device

I like Flamout too Markos, just too expensive. And I'm after DHA really, which the Blackmores, dollar for dollar. Have it beat. Very similar ratio's, but the Flameout does have CLA, in minimal concentration but I'm sure it add's up.

You'll be fine Nick. I never had the cravings and crappy feeling when doing it, I was one of the lucky ones in this sense. My only advice is to hang in there, for 5 more days and hope that you spent your National Bacon Day bloated on delicously crispy fried pig.

Good luck!

Nick, I know you researched this, and its best to find things out for yourself, but you should look up the BB federation that Vice McMahon started, and he got Mauro DiPasquale to create diets for all the top IFBB pros that defected.

they were sooooooo fat on the AD diet that they used props to cover all the fat during the posing. They all quickly left and Weider fined them massive numbers, they had to pay to get back in.

In the 30 years I've followed BB, I've never read of a single pro EVER following this unbelievably unhealthy diet.

Now you know I've tried it, and stayed on it for around 8-10 weeks.

Yes I lost body fat. Yes I was unhealthier. Yes I was weaker.

Talking to a National Level BB here in Canada, I picked his brains.

He eats exactly the same foods everyday. Chicken, rice, vegies, panckes, protein drinks.

4500 calories to gain, 2500 when cutting.

This is the healthiest long term approach ever used. The AD diet is just another fad.

For quick fat loss, only the velocity diet is superior, so it will work for that, but long term? You looked pretty good to me following a basic approach that works for anyone with discipline.

Does anyone you hang with or train with have a better physique than you?

Do you really think eliminating fruit for 5 days a week is smart?

I will often go more than 5 days without fruit. I eat much more salad/leafy greens which I'm still doing.

I'm not a competitive BB and dont plan to be.

Its not long term its just an experiment, something I wanted to try. No way in hell I would eat like this permanently.