• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Millitants

Hi everyone,

Ok so I've watched about a billion Youtube videos now over the last year during Covid on everything to do with body building you name it.

I've tried a few different training styles and ideas now related to these different ways of training but still want to know so much more.

I am new to weights really (I am 43yo) as did endurance sports my whole life (boxing) and for the last few years now started doing a circuit of weights in the gym with a full body workout every second day, basically I went on every machine in the gym and did 2 circuits in about 45 minutes (6-8 reps to near failure on each one).

I did cardio every other day.

Now I have been trying to build muscle and see how my body responds and am trying all of the different things I am learning online including:

• Compound strength lifts to 1 rep max
  • Endurance/hypertrophy training with 20+ reps of both compound and isolation exercises similar to my circuit
  • Bro splits with 8-10 reps x 3 sets which destroyed me
  • Push pull splits with above ratio
  • Other splits trying different forms of training over a weekly cycle to see how I respond and lower/higher reps within this split based on the exercise in both movement planes
  • Plus Yoga, Calisthenics, running, movement training, boxing etc

I find recovery hard and am not on steroids and have limited time in the gym so am trying to learn the best ways of training for muscle growth not interested in strength or endurance.

I want to know everything I can. Please add your comments.

Thank you.

If you are looking for mass, bro split is the only way to get there.
Forget all the dancing routines you mentioned, if you’re after muscle mass.
if you’re finding it too taxing, try doing one body part per day, but train 7 days in a week.
Others will no doubt state their opinions, but trawl through older posts and look at photos of kunce who do split and kunce who do the bullshit dancing routines and you’ll see the difference.
The split kunce pack muscle, whereas the dancing routine kunce bare look like tennis players.
see for yourself

If you are looking for mass, bro split is the only way to get there.
Forget all the dancing routines you mentioned, if you’re after muscle mass.
if you’re finding it too taxing, try doing one body part per day, but train 7 days in a week.
Others will no doubt state their opinions, but trawl through older posts and look at photos of kunce who do split and kunce who do the bullshit dancing routines and you’ll see the difference.
The split kunce pack muscle, whereas the dancing routine kunce bare look like tennis players.
see for yourself

Ha

You're too kind Bloke. This Forum populated by 70 kilo old Men. Probably trip over their saggy ballbags playun Tennis. Maybe Play Golf.

Who's in charge here? Who's the Mod - how big are you Mate? What you lifting? What you weigh.

Yeah!

Ha

You're too kind Bloke. This Forum populated by 70 kilo old Men. Probably trip over their saggy ballbags playun Tennis. Maybe Play Golf.

Who's in charge here? Who's the Mod - how big are you Mate? What you lifting? What you weigh.

Yeah!

Im a former national age grade powerlifting champ

Gerard Belshaw (openpowerlifting.org)

i still compete every now and then bro,competed in bench only a couply weeks ago,you re pretty funny. Kinda accurate,theres some shadys who inhabit here.

Last edited:
1. I am
2. Big enough
3. I lift iron
4. 85kg under 10% bf

1. How far under 85k bro?
2. You realise ONE underhook, ONE collartie Someone would throw you around like a woman Bloke!
3. Double underhooks or collarties and your mine Baby!
4. Shit, Im outta here. 80k lmao!!! Build UP dude!

Im a former national age grade powerlifting champ Gerard Belshaw (openpowerlifting.org)[/URL]

i still compete every now and then bro,competed in bench only a couply weeks ago,you re pretty funny. Kinda accurate,theres some shadys who inhabit here.

Big Dawg!

nah im not my man 5 7 around 94 kgs. Will be 47 soon. Getting on in years bro. Lead a quiet life as well as exercise so hopefully that staves off father time.

Yeah you Big DAWG. What's going on with you and this Grunta fella? Yous just muckin?

Two biggest Fellas in the place going at it aye!

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] ; who da kunce deleting my post?
And what happened to stiffy?

1. Gotta keep some type of civility here. You didn’t want to see the reply to your post.
2. I dunno where he is. How would I know?

1. Civility? Dis Ausbb kunce, civility ain’t got no place here.
2. Cos word is you and stiff were an “item”

1. Civility? Dis Ausbb kunce, civility ain’t got no place here.
2. Cos word is you and stiff were an “item”

can u ban this guy shrek,adds nothing except garbage stories of imaginary womanising,boring gambling and retarded drug use. Now that stiffy has left and discontinued baiting him into looking more stupid,he doesnt really offer nothing. Its a lifting forum. If he started a log with vids then id be more civil.

can u ban this guy shrek,adds nothing except garbage stories of imaginary womanising,boring gambling and retarded drug use. Now that stiffy has left and discontinued baiting him into looking more stupid,he doesnt really offer nothing. Its a lifting forum. If he started a log with vids then id be more civil.

Kia Ora Mate!

What gives? We all cuz here Bro! You Jafa?

Hey Gerbil
Tell us a story how you, between stints in the Klink for assaulting kids, won your striped pyjamas, got a caravan and picked a 1000 dingleberries in a single day.
And how every kunce should respect you for it cos you’re a major achiever, but the kunce just don’t.
Love that story when I’m bored, and I do bore easily.
Pleeeeeeeas, tell it just one more time.

Hey Gerbil
Tell us a story how you, between stints in the Klink for assaulting kids, won your striped pyjamas, got a caravan and picked a 1000 dingleberries in a single day.
And how every kunce should respect you for it cos you’re a major achiever, but the kunce just don’t.
Love that story when I’m bored, and I do bore easily.
Pleeeeeeeas, tell it just one more time.

lol not accurate but ur retarded so cant expect much from a guy whose mind i rule. You know i can intel right? Your so called family have a lot to hide. Theres no such thing as secrets. Agree or disagree,it is what it is. What i can tell you is that ur downfall wont be my doing,it will one of ur own. I just want to point out Grunta totals what 50 kg teenage girls total. Zero squat or deadlift strength,grunta is a misnomer,he doesnt have any.

Last edited: