• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

You have to move from this country. Which country do you move to?

How about this. I reckon you're more of a wanker then the French. You've done nothing to prove otherwise.
I've been there and did not meet one that was more of a wanker than you, how about that.

Depends are we comparing my 'wanker-ness' to whole country of france'es 'wankerness'?

Cos I'm a modest bloke.. I don't think I'm that good.... yet.....

Ok, Okinawa is a bunch of islands south of Japan, east of Taiwan.

The cheapest way might be to actually get there from hk/taiwan/shanghai.

I flew to Okinawa from Osaka and it took around 1 hour. I went with Skymark airline, it was the cheapest. Think of it as Jetstar of ANA. SKYMARK

One good things for aussies is that the place is the most Americanised of all of Japan thanks to the American base there. That's a big downside too in my opinion. But at least the language is not a problem. The main Okinawa island is quiet big and I hired a car for few days, went to one of the biggest aquariums in the world (2 hour drive from airport), they had 3 whale sharks there. It was pretty good and entrance was quiet cheap, around $18 for adult I think (terrible memory).

There are lots of beaches everywhere, I read bunch of reviews and used google maps satellite photos. Issue with the main island is, the best beaches are taken by the US army base and it causes a lot of issues with the locals.

After that I caught a JAL flight to small island even further south (about 40min flight) to Miyakojima. It's a great little island and I've stayed there for 4 days. Great for snorkelling and what it considered one of the best beaches in Japan.

I wish I had 1 more weeks time, I wanted to explore Irimote island, which is one of the largest covered Jungle islands and Ishigaki island. + lots more islands. Something to suit everyone's tastes. Best time to travel is August, but it will get busy. Other months are less busy, but you will get higher chance of typhoons.

I'm already planning a long trip next year :)

Those Beaches in Pictures look better than Thai Beaches for example. Are these photos touched up perhaps to make them look a bit more Blue :confused:

How come your not going to a Cheaper Beach location instead ? When you say travel in August you mean the Beaches are at their best in August, are they not quite as good other times of the year ?

I wouldnt mind taking a Vacation there myself hence the questions haha.

Last edited:
The best weather is in August, as in... minimum risk of a typhoon.
No they are not touched up, the reason the water is so blue for so far out, is because Okinawa has one of the shallowest and longest shelves in the world. since you can see the bottom of the floor so far, the water looks very blue.

I've a lot of photos taken with a polariser which makes the sky more blue and eliminates reflection from the water. No matter what, I've visited Phi Phi island in Thailand which blew me away and I thought it couldn't get any better. But it did.

The reason why I went to Okinawa (even tho I didn't want to go because of the cost) is that my gf is Japanese and she insisted that we go there and I've caved in. I've to say, that I was very pleasantly surprised.

If you are serious about planning to go there, check this Why Okinawa?:Okinawa Story:Okinawa Japan -Official Travel and Tourism Information if you need more info, just send me a PM.

Here's some more photos (the ones with the sky very blue will be taken with polariser). The specific island is called Miyakojima. There are lots of other islands to choose from.

_IGP5833-X2.jpg

_IGP5780-X2.jpg

_IGP5888-X2.jpg

_IGP5899-X2.jpg

This is a coral reef right of the coast with a beach in the distance.

_IGP5959-XL.jpg

Here's the beach from the photo above (taken with polariser):
_IGP5962-X2.jpg

And another pic taken with a point and shoot camera

R0011018-XL.jpg

Some fish...

R0011060-XL.jpg

More fish:

R0011098-XL.jpg

Local women looking for octopus:

_IGP6132-XL.jpg

Another nice thing about it not being one of the cheap destination is, that no one hassled me and tried to rip me off. I also like Japanese hospitality.

R0011309-X2.jpg

And here's an example of a beach that looks good on satellite: okinawa - Google Maps

The reason why I went to Okinawa (even tho I didn't want to go because of the cost) is that my gf is Japanese and she insisted that we go there and I've caved in. I've to say, that I was very pleasantly surprised.

Do the Japanese themselves go there on Holidays or just sort not worry about it..

If you are serious about planning to go there, check this Why Okinawa?:Okinawa Story:Okinawa Japan -Official Travel and Tourism Information if you need more info, just send me a PM.

Cheers.

Here's some more photos (the ones with the sky very blue will be taken with polariser). The specific island is called Miyakojima. There are lots of other islands to choose from.

Nice photos (4th is best) they put most our beaches to shame :(

A lot of Japanese go there. It is one of THE destinations to travel in Japan and all Japanese people want to go there. The worst time to go there is during Bon Festival Week. It's around 15th of August, it's the time when I went there. It can be very hard to book accommodation at that time, since that's when most Japanese people travel. Bon Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides being unable to find accommodation, the good part about that week is a lot of fireworks and traditional festivals. Not to mention people tend to dress very traditionally for them which adds to the mood.

So im going to assume a Holiday there is going to very expensive ?

Do the Americans allow entry onto their beaches ?

It's american bases, you can't go there :)

It's going to be more expensive then lets say bali, vietnam or thailand. But cheaper than Australia. Although Australia is kind of a third world country compared to Japan in a lot of ways.

If you book early and lets say you book at the start or end of August you will be good. The food is cheaper over there than in Australia. Hiring a car and snorkelling equipment is cheaper than australia.

Also right now the exchange rates are very good.

I'm going to Japan again in 3 weeks, for snow, regarded by many as the best snow in the world, meters of it.

Some idea of costs of snow trip: Accommodation + breakfast + lift pass: $120 per day.
My food budget is around $30-50 per day. It can go as low as $10 if you go to supermaket. Bottle of whiskey, rum or vodka, the stuff that costs in Australia around $40-60, is around 1000-1500 Yen, that's $11 to $17. A beer at restaurant is around 300 to 500 Yen, but at super market it's around 100 to 300 Yen. Cigs are around 250 to 350 Yen per pack (forgot).

The amount of money you spend depends on your budget. On the island I've stayed they had a supermaket called "max value", you can buy there a prepared traditional Japanese bento lunch box, lots of verities to choose from too, from about $1 to $10 and everything in between.

This is someone elses pic (google search), but here's what the bento boxes look like at max value:
130551594_3202643b50_o.jpg

The first price tag is roughly $5 and the further away price tag is $10.

I live in Queensland so I guess if I really had to leave Australia anywhere south of the border would suffice :p

oioi, your posts about Okinawa are very interesting mate. I'm heading to Japan early September and pretty keen to check that place out.

I've been to Phi Phi a couple of times, absolutely love it, and if u reckon that place is better, well it's definitely caught my interest. Photos look great, that's for sure. I'll be looking into it I think. Ta brah.

oioi, your posts about Okinawa are very interesting mate. I'm heading to Japan early September and pretty keen to check that place out.

I've been to Phi Phi a couple of times, absolutely love it, and if u reckon that place is better, well it's definitely caught my interest. Photos look great, that's for sure. I'll be looking into it I think. Ta brah.

Well, I just got back from Japan and with current exchange rates it's a steal.

Both have different atmosphere about them too. Since I'm getting old I prefer more laid back atmosphere, good service and hospitality. I recon both are worth checking out.

I'm thinking about going to Phi Phi again, simply because it's cheaper and it is on the way to Nepal (and that's will be mine final destination). Also I've been to Japan 6 times in a row and I want to do something different. Not to mention I want to eat some authentic thai food again.

Well, I just got back from Japan and with current exchange rates it's a steal.

Both have different atmosphere about them too. Since I'm getting old I prefer more laid back atmosphere, good service and hospitality. I recon both are worth checking out.

I'm thinking about going to Phi Phi again, simply because it's cheaper and it is on the way to Nepal (and that's will be mine final destination). Also I've been to Japan 6 times in a row and I want to do something different. Not to mention I want to eat some authentic thai food again.

Wife is pretty keen on Okinawa so looks like it's a goer for September. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip.

I like Long Beach on Phi Phi, stayed there both times. Planning to go again some time in the next couple of years. We had a beach front bungalow...the width of a footpath from the beach....so relaxing just snorkeling, floating and chillaxing in the ocean for several days.

Wife is pretty keen on Okinawa so looks like it's a goer for September. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip.

I like Long Beach on Phi Phi, stayed there both times. Planning to go again some time in the next couple of years. We had a beach front bungalow...the width of a footpath from the beach....so relaxing just snorkeling, floating and chillaxing in the ocean for several days.

Well, looks like end of April and start of May I will be heading to Nepal and after that Phi Phi/Krabi. Doing exactly what you did, snorkelling and floating.

Have you got any info on the bungalow? Sounds exactly what I'm after.

Well, looks like end of April and start of May I will be heading to Nepal and after that Phi Phi/Krabi. Doing exactly what you did, snorkelling and floating.

Have you got any info on the bungalow? Sounds exactly what I'm after.

We stayed at Paradise Pearl Resort last July, in the family bungalow, which is the pick of their rooms. It's by no means luxurious though...it's more in tune with the laid back Phi Phi scene than any upper end resort.

If you wanna get a bit more luxurious with accommodation that north eastern end of Phi Phi has got Holiday Inn and a couple of more lavish places, geared at couples.