• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

xfit appreciation thread

speaking of kipping, this is a classic =)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp7fBtj81c]Kipping EVERYTHING. It's not just for pull ups anymore (Funny) - YouTube[/ame]

sometime this week i am seriously going to do a overhead squat with my baby girl attached to the front. Because im elite yo!!

if high rep compound lifts are risky to do often does that mean tabata thrusters are a no no? barbell complexes? burpees even? or is light/body weight stuff okay? Genuine question, please dont hurt me :p

Well this thread took off LOL

After reading this thread I was thinking...hmmmm, most just hate cross fit for whatever reason, shorly it can't be that bad.

Than I watched this vid from freaky, .....???WTF???:confused::confused:

That is just an injury waiting to happen, worst bit is it's all being condoned safe under the watchful eyes of veteran cross fitters trainers.:confused:

I can see the attraction of this kind of stuff to new trainees, its all a type of hard work and would definitely give some fitness and conditioning to those that don't get hurt, but over time this sort of training would definitely see injuries. The sad part of that is no doubt its held as a badge of honor by those that love this stuff. If it was structured properly and technique was taught, than it would be better. But than could you call it xfit? I don't think so now I have gazed at this thread.

EDIT: I think its become so popular because it has a bit of all the stuff that the 'Athletes have'. Its got Oly rings, free weights, they power lift, they oly lift, they do all sorts of stuff that elite athletes do. problem is they do it all wrong, have no structure, than call it the best overall conditioning training one can do. Imagine being a couch potato, you walk into a xfit gym and they say c'mon lets do oly lifting, power lifting, body building, strong man blah blah blah........he/she would think that was the coolest shit ever, no wonder they are making a killing. Go to a regular gym, than go to a xfit gym, the xfit gym has all the hard core shit that the 'Pros' use and it makes a regular gym look boring. I can see the attraction for sure, its just a pitty that they train in quite a dangerous fashion IMO. However some of their moves are quite good, I do the one they call the 'Bear' to warm up sometimes with a light weight......I actually got it from one of the threads Trentzor wrote in and he called it something else, great move for warming up the body.

G

Last edited:
lost it at the push ups
happy-grin.png

neutral-suspicious.png

that dog only has 3 legs!!

LOL, I'll be bugged, it does too
WTF Callan, its 2am and your beady ass eyes are finding that sort of shit LOL ;) nice find. I was to busy checking out those nice asses....I mean those nasty basteds bad form (arhemm...looks at wife sleeping...fewwww) :p:p:p:p

LOL, I'll be bugged, it does too
WTF Callan, its 2am and your beady ass eyes are finding that sort of shit LOL ;) nice find. I was to busy checking out those nice asses....I mean those nasty basteds bad form (arhemm...looks at wife sleeping...fewwww) :p:p:p:p
hahahahahahahaha :D
yes...
neutral-poker-face-2.png

the bastards with bad form....

And heres a structured / templated crossfit program for the non believers. The author of it is a professional NFL player who says its basically what the coaches there had them do.

Power Athlete Template

quick question, before doing a PL specific program I was typically doing:

5/3/1 or 5x5
followed by either (or all 3 if I had time):
kettlebell circuits
barbell complexes
HIIT / Tabata intervals on a spin bike / C2 rower.

was I unintentionally doing crossfit or is this just strength + conditioning :S

I hope it's not crossfit!

quick question, before doing a PL specific program I was typically doing:

5/3/1 or 5x5
followed by either (or all 3 if I had time):
kettlebell circuits
barbell complexes
HIIT / Tabata intervals on a spin bike / C2 rower.

was I unintentionally doing crossfit or is this just strength + conditioning :S

I hope it's not crossfit!

Finally someone who gets it. I did exactly the same thing. The crossfit gym i went to had me on 5/3/1 and then HIIT/Conditioning stuff like that too.

Crossfit is just a brand name. We've been doing this stuff well before crossfit was incorporated.

Another thing I hate about crossfit - they slap their stupid brand name on things they predate it

Brb going for run and naming a WOD after it then claiming crossfit invented running

So basically you get a decent workout and throw the crossfit brand name on it and claim crossfit workouts are superior. lol. So basically any workout can be called a crossfit workout. Great marketing.