• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

xfit appreciation thread

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSm0SJofRZs&sns=em]Commando Steve, Coach- Rookie & T in Crossfit Workout - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not sure if you're supporting or pointing out what's wrong ?

The video shows to me that
their effort = 110%
their technique - rapidly degrading to awful :S

Support.
I have never let a workout beat me....and they are strenuous!
My 6th time ever benching, I benched 40kg easy. I will crack a body weight bench soon. This shows the amount of upper body strength I have gained through crossfit.

I wonder how anyone ever got strong before crossfit come along.
Crossfit has got alot of women into lifting weights, it has taken them out of pump classes and other shitty Les Mills/aerobics and given them strength, physique, activity.

I would love to mention a lovely member on this site @persistanttiger who lost her weight from 2years of pump class. Compare her to myself who did crossfit for 6 months. We both are the same height roughly (10cm difference), started from the same weight and I ended up with about 3kgs more muscle compared on the Dexa scans.
I would never have lifted a barbel if i wasn't introduced to crossfit.
A figure model in my gym started out in crossfit also.:D

did you ever think maybe you could have had more upperbody strength if you did a strength program..?

deep your starting to sound like one of those crossfit people who think its the greatest thing on the world

did you ever think maybe you could have had more upperbody strength if you did a strength program..?

deep your starting to sound like one of those crossfit people who think its the greatest thing on the world
Lol buddy, but it is!
I never did a strength program, I did crossfit! That was all! Compound lifts, cardio, circuit work.

There's plenty of things that are wrong with crossfit and most people who do crossfit are aware of them.

The things that are mentioned in this thread are ignorant, clueless guesses that I find amusing.

Well by the looks of those videos it looks grueling, I would never knock a routine without trying it....and if you got results Deep, then that's all that matters really, at least you did something about a situation you weren't happy with and look where you are now!!!

I think it's an addiction from all the endorphins overdosing during crossfit workouts!
^THIS^

Since training on Trents program, I have come to realise that I can build fcukloads of muscle and not have to work so hard or for so long.
I am dropping crossfit but will always defend it. There is no way I would have walked into a strength gym for strength training at 72kgs being massively overweight.
I sent Trent a message in August last year about going to his gym(he never replied, thanks), and right up until the first workshop I still didn't feel like I would feel comfortable training there. I sat in the street and sent him a message saying I can't go in, his reply "go in" and I reluctantly did. Haven't looked back:)

I have seen the light and looking forward to crossing into strength training, but my point is, I would not be on the path I am now if it wasn't for crossfit. Crossfit gets women into weight training. And makes them sexy as a bonus.

Lol buddy, but it is!
I never did a strength program, I did crossfit! That was all! Compound lifts, cardio, circuit work.

umm cardio and circut work isn't going to give you a stronger bench press..

lets face it, lifting weights gave you more strength.. not crossfit! I guess i havent increased any strength lately because i dont do crossfit right?

lets face it, lifting weights gave you more strength.. not crossfit! I guess i havent increased any strength lately because i dont do crossfit right?

You've missed the point.....

Round peg, square hole.

Lift some weights then do some conditioning work. Crossfit is just a brand name of conditioning work. This isn't any different to what professional sports people do, or what PTC does for that matter.

Round peg, square hole.

Lift some weights then do some conditioning work. Crossfit is just a brand name of conditioning work. This isn't any different to what professional sports people do, or what PTC does for that matter.

thats it. Doing weight training gave upper body strength, not the cult.

although crossfit has softball throws now... lol

Round peg, square hole.

Yes it is. PTC and professional sports people have structured work outs with some form of progression in place. The also have specific reasons for the exercises they are performing rather than throwing in as much random high rep shit you can think of.