• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

xfit appreciation thread

But...
It attracts douchebags who are just looking for the next hip gimmick
It is in general poorly structured
Its all about the money
It claims to create elite athletes, it does not, it has elite athletes join who become elite crossfitters, no elite crossfitter has made a crossover into another sport just through training crossfit
It chews up and spits out good coaches and experts
It has kipping chin-ups!!!

Well said, it's hard to argue against those points especially the one in bold

I've got a new style!

Deadlifts and Zumba......I call it Zumpower

Now all I need is a xfit marketer and I'm rich.....:D
I might be onto something here??? Hmmm.

I've been following crossfit's progression for a long time and although I've never done it I have a fair idea of what its about and how its performed. I am aware that there are good coaches who have transformed the original mess into something useful and progressive and safe, but I'm also aware that for every good coach there are 20 retards in their $1000 t-shirts who have just jumped on the bandwagon out of zealotry or greed.

Technically I perform "crossfit" in my training, although I've personally always referred to it as conditioning complexes, something I started doing well before some fat egomaniacal fuck decide to label it and market it.

I like exercise, I like that crossfit has got a lot of people under the bar and into the gym, I like that it gets you fit and ripped, I like that it makes chicks hot, etc.

But...
It attracts douchebags who are just looking for the next hip gimmick
It is in general poorly structured
Its all about the money
It claims to create elite athletes, it does not, it has elite athletes join who become elite crossfitters, no elite crossfitter has made a crossover into another sport just through training crossfit
It chews up and spits out good coaches and experts
It has kipping chin-ups!!!

Do you understand my distaste for it now?
Yes I do, :)

I do finish up crossfit this month to continue on Trents program solely, Crossfit and Powerlifting training are completely conflicting and I have discussed training conflicts with Trent, and while its only simple things like when to breath, its going to be a bad habit to have if/when I compete.

I've got a new style!

Deadlifts and Zumba......I call it Zumpower

Now all I need is a xfit marketer and I'm rich.....:D
I might be onto something here??? Hmmm.
and if you call withing the next 30 minutes u will get a free set of Zumpower toning bumpers, they rattle when they move so you can deadlift with the beat of the music AND BE THE MUSIC!. (zumpower toning bumpers increase fat loss by up to 30%)

Majority of peoples problems with crossfit are either unfounded or incorrect. It definitely has its problems, but most people are way off.

Cleans with mixed grip is absurd.

Keep debate on topic please to avoid thread derailment like the train at Hurstville on Thursday. :(

If you're using an axle you have to use a mixed grip unless you got massive hands an Herculean forearms

However the manner in which it was performed in the crossfit video was ugly and downright dangerous
Doing a mixed grip muscle clean is one thing but doing continental cleans like that . . . I think I ruptured a vertebrae watching

There absolutely is progression in lifts, if a client starts Thrusters with just a 15kg bar, in 4 months time they shouldn't be doing any, less than 30kgs. I personally went from 15 - 40kgs in a little over three months....

The amount and type of overload a person experiences sshould be unique u ro themselves. Variables include more weight, an extra rep, extra set, less rest time, shorter set time and so fourth.

That's called coaching/personal training. I doubt you give your clients WOD's. I'm sure you are already aware of what it is called.

It's already been established my training program is called gfit. I've invented the conjugate training system as well as the 3 "gfit" lifts - squat, bench and deadlift performed with a buffalo, football and 3" axle bar respectively. It's completely unique and has never been done before

I'm also going to complain that my training system takes a 200lb deadlift to a 600-800lb deadlift within 2 years. A 100lb average better return than crossfit claims

Sorry i don't agree. I think the debate is close to many people and views need to be heard as long as its on topic.

Last edited: