• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why is everyone trying to squat so much?

Says who? Your misses?

10 years no issues here!

Common sense as well as scientific research and basic physics, as the bar path is fixed and as such putting un natural loads and shear forces on your knee joints, rather than having the load naturally centred over your centre of gravity.

If you been squatting for 10 years and only able to squat 80kg there are plenty of issues…lol I am nearly 50 and can still squat 170kg any day of the week.

Common sense as well as scientific research and basic physics, as the bar path is fixed and as such putting un natural loads and shear forces on your knee joints, rather than having the load naturally centred over your centre of gravity.

If you been squatting for 10 years and only able to squat 80kg there are plenty of issues…lol I am nearly 50 and can still squat 170kg any day of the week.
Please don't say he benches in there as well

Says who? Your misses?

10 years no issues here!

10 years??
According to your other thread, a rake is better built than you. Talk about an absolute waste of time! If you've worked up to bw squats in the smith in 10 years, there's no risk of hurting anything, let alone anything growing.

I've got your respect right here

1279082592656.jpg

i assumed he was trolling and you all fell for the bait.

speaking of which, what happened to [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION];?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you bench?
Why do you do bicep curls?
Why do you train?

Saying Squats will hurt your knees is like saying you will get a big mac from Maccas - of course to a degree it will "hurt your knees" over time but you'll prob find your alot worse off not doing these sort of exercises/exercise in general - your heart will be hurting, you will be overweight, your will have weaker joints etc etc etc

Squat, bench, dead, bicep curl, finger curl - fuck just train haha - squats arnt the be all and end all of exercises like alot of people make out they are but I do think all core lifts should be included in your training at some point.

Squat, bench, dead, bicep curl, finger curl - fuck just train haha - squats arnt the be all and end all of exercises like alot of people make out they are but I do think all core lifts should be included in your training at some point.

Nailed it!

A fixed path is only bad if it's a bad path. In what way are the loads of a smith machine unnatural? In what way do barbell squats not apply shear forces?

As an educated guess, I'd say people are more likely to hurt themselves in a smith machine from getting cocky and/or thinking "machine = I don't have to worry about technique," than from the physics of the machine. In a controlled environment and when people apply the same focus on technique, I very much doubt that the incidence of injury is significantly different between smith squats and barbell squats, although if there's a sufficient body of evidence saying otherwise (rather than Rippetoean/Wendlerese/Tatish rhetoric), I'll be happy to accept correction.