• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION]; just agree to disagree. Just going around in circles now.

I agree that old Stevie has no clue what he is on about and has to try and put words in my mouth to argue a point he has zero clue on.

It's not my love for GI, it's your ignorance. For example boiled regular potato and sweet potato have different GI properties, 82 and 46 to be exact. Based on different methods of cooking or excessively under or over chewing, the GI may change, but not significantly, especially not enough to align their values on the glycemic index. So eating the 2 different types of potatoes cooked the same and eaten in the same way will have a totally different impact on carb absorption and the way your blood sugar levels rise and fall.

Based on your previous responses, select one of the following.
- It's just opinion.
- You just made it up.
- It doesn't matter.
- I didn't say that.

It's not my love for GI, it's your ignorance. For example boiled regular potato and sweet potato have different GI properties, 82 and 46 to be exact. Based on different methods of cooking or excessively under or over chewing, the GI may change, but not significantly, especially not enough to align their values on the glycemic index. So eating the 2 different types of potatoes cooked the same and eaten in the same way will have a totally different impact on carb absorption and the way your blood sugar levels rise and fall.

Based on your previous responses, select one of the following.
- It's just opinion.
- You just made it up.
- It doesn't matter.
- I didn't say that.

Too many variables affect the GI to predict it. Then you put several foods together as in a normal meal it makes it almost impossible to predict.

Even if you somehow can workout the exact GI of a meal you are eating the information is useless anyway.

Healthy people have no problem dealing with blood sugar spikes. The body is perfectly set up for it.

So you have something (GI) that's almost impossible to predict in a normal meal. That even if you could predict isn't important information anyway.

Before calling other people ignorant at least have the slightest bit of knowledge on the topic.

If my missus swishes it around in her mouth before swallowing does that make my whipped cream high or low GI, I am so confused right now, but Hansel is so hot

I do like how you have now tried to brush over the fact that you said I was wrong about chewing effecting the GI of food. I accept your apology. Lol.

Too many variables affect the GI to predict it. Then you put several foods together as in a normal meal it makes it almost impossible to predict.
There aren't that many variables. For an example of bread or rice, it's either cooked or it isn't. So if someone was just having chicken with rice, there's only one extra food. Even you should be able to understand that brown rice + chicken will be lower GI than white rice + chicken.

Healthy people have no problem dealing with blood sugar spikes. The body is perfectly set up for it.
What's your definition of healthy? Another vague statement.

So you have something (GI) that's almost impossible to predict in a normal meal. That even if you could predict isn't important information anyway.
Not impossible at all. Plenty of information out there about the health advantages of low GI food.

I do like how you have now tried to brush over the fact that you said I was wrong about chewing effecting the GI of food. I accept your apology. Lol.
Based on my research, there's conflicting views. At best, it's minimal. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt to get past that point.

Whatever happened to eating big and training hard?
Just want to get shredded for stereo bro.

Note: only ever heard of "stereo" when talking about "getting shredded." Pretty sure its a choreographed gang bang, can anyone confirm?

Will check google scholar for peer reviewed articles on getting shredded for stereo. Dr Karl approved.

[MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION] ; Katy Perry told me and here is proof through Charlotte McKinney
8YHXRwP.jpg