• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Food that is fresh and unprocessed and raw or slightly heated will ensure you're receiving the maximum required vitamins, minerals and most importantly enzymes.
its taken years for me to find what works best for me and the goals are nebulus, I mean they constantly change.

For me, not only is food fuel but medicine also.

I think if one is constantly eating food that is tampered with, then they are maybe not receiving the benefit they should and find themselves eating more to make up for the deficiencies in the food.

I feel like Shit physically when satisfying my macronutritional requirements with high sugar foods / high Sat fat (although I still work cheeseburgers in every now and then)

No one can disagree with JZ - all in moderation can get you the results
+ he has probably the best conditioning on ausbb at present

Last edited:
I actually think there are a lot of studies out there to suggest clean eating gets better results, someone just needs to dig them up.

There are exceptions to the rules (people with great metabolisms and perfectly dialed in macros for their body type). But the majority of people will benefit from clean eating. And saying everyone with great results are on drugs is just a cheap cop out.

Like I said in a previous post, as Bazza says, carbs are just carbs. So try eating sugar as your carb source for a while and see what happens. Good luck getting any fiber and I look forward to your insulin spiking with massive blood sugar crashes.

I'm guessing you can't read because you are not repeating anything I said. You are changing what I said to suit yourself because you lack the ability to argue the point I made.

This is a forum for discussions and 90% of your posts are just mindless ramblings and back tracking.

This is a forum for discussions and 90% of your posts are just mindless ramblings and back tracking.

Huh.

Back tracking. I haven't back tracked anything. Show where I back tracked.

Post where I ever said you should have all of your carbs as sugar. I never said that. You made that up to try and argue that point rather than argue what I said.

You just make up these ridiculous all or nothing arguments that are nothing to do with what I said.

I said cereal is ok to eat and sugar is ok to eat. From that you come up with eat all your carbs as sugar then. You have some serious comprehension difficulties.

If you are going to argue at least argue the actual point that I made rather than making some bullshit argument up that I didn't even say.

Like you just said, you said sugar is fine to eat and there are no associated health problems with consuming it. So why not take it to the extreme and only consume sugar for carbs?

Like you just said, you said sugar is fine to eat and there are no associated health problems with consuming it. So why not take it to the extreme and only consume sugar for carbs?

He (Bazza) made no mention of;

" there are no associated health problems with consuming it. So why not take it to the extreme and only consume sugar for carbs?"

He is stating that there is nothing wrong with "cereal".

To my knowledge there is nothing also inherently wrong with sugar.

Because when you take anything to the extreme it isn't good for you.

Eat a diet of pure protein and see how healthy you are.

Eat only broccoli and see how healthy you are.

Breathe in 100% oxygen and see how you go.

Drink a heap of water and it will kill you.

Therefore according to your thinking. Protein, broccoli, oxygen and water are also bad for you.

He (Bazza) made no mention of;

" there are no associated health problems with consuming it. So why not take it to the extreme and only consume sugar for carbs?"

He is stating that there is nothing wrong with "cereal".

To my knowledge there is nothing also inherently wrong with sugar.

Exactly. Too much sugar is bad but too much of anything is bad.

Look for a cereal high in fibre. Personally I like the Honey Almond All-Bran. Fits my macros just fine.

Per serving you are looking at
Calories165Sodium146 mg
Total Fat2 gPotassium261 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs27 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber7 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars12 g
Trans0 gProtein5 g
Cholesterol0 mg

will try these out thanks

Because when you take anything to the extreme it isn't good for you.

Eat a diet of pure protein and see how healthy you are.

Eat only broccoli and see how healthy you are.

Breathe in 100% oxygen and see how you go.

Drink a heap of water and it will kill you.

Therefore according to your thinking. Protein, broccoli, oxygen and water are also bad for you.

I quite often see you state that carbs are carbs. Low GI, fiber, etc all has no meaning to you. You also think nutrient timing is BS. I was trying to make a point that applying your logic to sugar/carbs, an all sugar diet for carbs would fit within your wisdom of nutrition.

I quite often see you state that carbs are carbs. Low GI, fiber, etc all has no meaning to you. You also think nutrient timing is BS. I was trying to make a point that applying your logic to sugar/carbs, an all sugar diet for carbs would fit within your wisdom of nutrition.

Do you have a learning disability? Again I never said have only sugar for carbs. The logic you are using is moronic and can be used against any food. Eating any limited diet of one food isn't good.

You keep incorrectly quoting what I say to try and suit your retarded arguments.

Please quote me where I said fiber isn't important.

I have always said eat a range of food. Please quote where I said otherwise. You are just making shit up.

GI is a waste of time. Just chewing your food more makes the GI higher. Good luck with that waste of time making any difference.

Stop making shit up because you can't actually argue against the point I made.

I never said you said only have sugar for carbs. I said that for a hypothetical based on your views on nutritional timing and claiming there is nothing wrong with sugar. It really isn't that hard to understand for most people.

Chewing makes GI higher, lol ok.

The other thing is that all these clean eating advocates can't wait until their cheat meal to eat all the "naughty" foods. Alternatively, you can just eat them in moderation and base your diet on single ingredient foods to ensure you get a good variety of micronutrients.

Dare I say that people who plan "cheat" meals enjoy them more. I know after dieting, the most basic foods taste awesome. And the its the anticipation that really makes you savour them. Where when bulking with a more liberated diet, cheat food comes and goes without the same enjoyment.

I never said you said only have sugar for carbs. I said that for a hypothetical based on your views on nutritional timing and claiming there is nothing wrong with sugar. It really isn't that hard to understand for most people.

Chewing makes GI higher, lol ok.

So much wrong here

The hypothetical is retarded because it could be used against any food we eat and claim it as bad.

It's not based on my views. It's based on what you make up because that's easier to argue against that my actual views. Again, quote what I said.

It's seems even the most basic stuff is hard for you to understand.

Yes. Understand GI and how it works before making stupid comments.

Boil up a potato. Now that potato with nothing else done has a higher GI mashed rather than just eaten. Again, good luck with GI helping you achieve anything.