• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you read my sentence properly, you would see I said a diet of sugar for carbs.

Still doesn't make a difference. First where did I say you should eat only sugar for carbs.

Using these all or nothing extremes as arguments why a food or macro is bad is stupid. By doing that you can make an argument for any food as being bad.

Eg, Drink a heap of water and it will kill you therefore water is bad for humans.

If you drink 6 lte of water in one sitting it will kill you.

i make a Bircher type muesli; stone ground oats, yogurt, oj, walnuts and stewed apple.
the farts are awesome.

i like sourdough toast on the weekends and a cup of coffee.

Look for a cereal high in fibre. Personally I like the Honey Almond All-Bran. Fits my macros just fine.

Per serving you are looking at
Calories165Sodium146 mg
Total Fat2 gPotassium261 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs27 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber7 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars12 g
Trans0 gProtein5 g
Cholesterol0 mg

Another "bro" V No-Bro thread.....just what we needed....

Its funny though how alot of these "bros" who eat "clean" seem to have alot better results....strange...

90% of every bodybuilder and athlete in the world?

Hahaha - oh fuck

That's all you got. No specific examples yet again just more broness.

Bodybuilders. Lol. Great example. Must be the clean eating. Wouldn't have anything to do with the drugs or lifting weights. Would it Lol. Hell drugs even got Oni above a 70kg bench and 60kgs bodyweight. They obviously work.

Hang on I'll be back I have to eat every half hour on the dot to fire my metabolism. Loooollll. Good one bro.

Can someone list a few pro athletes, BB's and or sportsman and list their fair dinkum menu?

i doubt anyone can.

Having said that, these people are not in it for the health benefits.

and I don't believe the occasional bowl of cereal, raisin toast, pancake, or whatever is going to shorten ones life to a great degree, get a grip boys.

That's all you got. No specific examples yet again just more broness.

Bodybuilders. Lol. Great example. Must be the clean eating. Wouldn't have anything to do with the drugs or lifting weights. Would it Lol. Hell drugs even got Oni above a 70kg bench and 60kgs bodyweight. They obviously work.

Hang on I'll be back I have to eat every half hour on the dot to fire my metabolism. Loooollll. Good one bro.

I just gave you the example....

Just because some uni student hasn't but a study out on it doesn't mean it doesn't work - people follow things for a reason not "just coz" - we have had this convo how many times? Lol not getting into it again.

Can someone list a few pro athletes, BB's and or sportsman and list their fair dinkum menu?

i doubt anyone can.

Having said that, these people are not in it for the health benefits.

and I don't believe the occasional bowl of cereal, raisin toast, pancake, or whatever is going to shorten ones life to a great degree, get a grip boys.
Id say most people on performance enhancing drugs can bend the rules about what and what not to eat quite substantially and get away with it.

I believe most of these clean diets you see are a front for what they really eat.

And just like 1 workout every now and then won't make any difference neither will a pancake here or a pizza there.

I actually think there are a lot of studies out there to suggest clean eating gets better results, someone just needs to dig them up.

There are exceptions to the rules (people with great metabolisms and perfectly dialed in macros for their body type). But the majority of people will benefit from clean eating. And saying everyone with great results are on drugs is just a cheap cop out.

Like I said in a previous post, as Bazza says, carbs are just carbs. So try eating sugar as your carb source for a while and see what happens. Good luck getting any fiber and I look forward to your insulin spiking with massive blood sugar crashes.

Another "bro" V No-Bro thread.....just what we needed....

Its funny though how alot of these "bros" who eat "clean" seem to have alot better results....strange...

No food groups excluded. 7.4% BF via dexa 3 weeks ago.
83892c398bd5f2d52f5f1d3c5d105e139051.jpg

SteveP: strawman argument.

For starters there is no definition of clean eating. If you processed foods aren't clean but you eat protein bars or protein powder then they are actually "dirty". What about frozen veggies. Processed by farming and then getting chopped up and packaged, are these allowed or not?

It's clearly dumb.

The other thing is that all these clean eating advocates can't wait until their cheat meal to eat all the "naughty" foods. Alternatively, you can just eat them in moderation and base your diet on single ingredient foods to ensure you get a good variety of micronutrients.

I can only go on personal experience, but getting in the mindset of clean eating (no takeaway, minimal processed foods/sugar, strict control of calories), certainly helps in the overall scheme of things. If we were all robots and only fed our bodies the exact amount it needed based on our goals, the sources/macros could come from a lot of different places.

However most people give into temptation and find it hard to treat food as purely fuel. A cheat meal here or there can easily turn into a cheat day. Extra calories consumed on one day isn't necessarily deducted from the following day. Discipline is hard. So getting into the mind of being strict with your diet and not even looking at certain food groups removes temptation and gets your into good habits.

Of course no one can argue with results, and I'm always interested to see what others are doing to achieve the results they've made. For all the people who have a flexible diet and mainly follow IIFYM, how is that going for you? Happy with results?

If overly restrictive eating works for you then go for it. But it certainly isn't necessary to maintain a decent physique.

When you have the mindset that food is fuel, you also realize that you can get basically the same energy from a snickers bar as you can a banana and almonds :)

No food groups excluded. 7.4% BF via dexa 3 weeks ago.
View attachment 10170

SteveP: strawman argument.

For starters there is no definition of clean eating. If you processed foods aren't clean but you eat protein bars or protein powder then they are actually "dirty". What about frozen veggies. Processed by farming and then getting chopped up and packaged, are these allowed or not?

It's clearly dumb.

The other thing is that all these clean eating advocates can't wait until their cheat meal to eat all the "naughty" foods. Alternatively, you can just eat them in moderation and base your diet on single ingredient foods to ensure you get a good variety of micronutrients.
Alot of people need to realize this. Well worded my friend.